Nick Powell

Bonnyloyal

EXCLUSIVE
By Alan Nixon and David Friel
19th January 2019, 10:30 pm
Updated: 19th January 2019, 10:30 pm

RANGERS are set to launch an Old Firm tug of war with Celtic for Wigan contract rebel Nick Powell.
Gers plan to match the offer made to Powell by their Old Firm rivals, who are trying to get him to sign a pre-contract.

The former Manchester United wonderkid is a free agent at the end of the season but can talk to clubs outside England now.
He is also fancied by RB Leipzig, while Brighton will join the chase too.

I think hes the kind of player we are missing a goal scoring midfielder with plenty of guile

Highly rated at man utd, had bit of an ego, fell out there system into Wigan. Much better bet than Ravel.

Would be delighted if we managed to get him, was expecting to sign for the tramps. Still think that’s where he’ll end up though.

Time we started to face up to them in the market if we can, we have to use our manager's name to the full, and our thrust to the top anyone who is a player will know all about SG. and the Rangers, if the tims are offering a lot more than we can then so be it, but I am still convinced there is trouble at the piggery.

I know a current Wigan player through a friend of a friend, he says Powell has unbelievable ability but doesn't have the best attitude.

Decent goals record from midfield and good showreel but seems a bit unclear if he actually contributes to the midfield slog or is another Windass. Would be happy to get a god goalscoring midfielder but carry a concern about workrate till proven otherwise.

No idea if he's any good, but if he is, and if we are interested I would like to see us sign him.

I think that beating them to a signing we are both genuinely chasing would send out a good message and be another thing ticked off in our proper recovery

Every time they want any player we should pretend to be interested to ensure the spend as much cash as possible.

No idea if he's any good, but if he is, and if we are interested I would like to see us sign him.

I think that beating them to a signing we are both genuinely chasing would send out a good message and be another thing ticked off in our proper recovery

He was at Crewe, looked an outstanding talent and Man Utd came in for him. Maybe that happened too soon for him.
He definitely had the creative ability to play as a "10"

Probably means that lot will announce him and say they beat us to his signature.

We don’t need players that do not have the righ attitude

The player I would be having a serious look at is Bradley Dack from Blackburn. Somebody is going to end up with a superb player here and why not Rangers ?... watched him play for Gillingham a few years ago and knew there and then he is the real deal.

The player I would be having a serious look at is Bradley Dack from Blackburn. Somebody is going to end up with a superb player here and why not Rangers ?... watched him play for Gillingham a few years ago and knew there and then he is the real deal.
We missed the boat for him. Worth +£10m now.

Back