Nick Thomson

Bates Baby

Who is he?

Co commentating on the Hamilton game for RTV apparently. Has he been on it before? Just don't recognise the name tbh.

He is doing the commentary because Tom Miller is over doing the ORSA convension in Australia ... RTV guy that normally does the Interviews

He came over really well last week v hamilton. very knowledgeable and a welcome addition to the co-commentary on RTV.
Lovenkrands was on yesterday and he is probably the best. Andy Little is pretty decent too.

Lovenkrands is a proper bear.

You hear the genuine joy and elation in his voice when we score a lot like Shug Burns.

I quite enjoyed hearing Nick Thomson on RTV, he was informative and spoke well.

I've been less impressed with some of his output on the official website, though.
Few too many factual and grammatical errors for my liking and needs to use a spellchecker sometimes.

I much preferred Nick's commentary of the St Johnstone game compared to the usual ramblings of Tom Miller TBH.

I think he's a cracking caller. Have really enjoyed listening to him these past few matches. Miles better than Davie Weir on Sky today. One to watch for the future I'd say.

Thought he was good for the St Johnstone game - but less so today. Though he was a bit downbeat today and I missed Tom’s ‘enthusiasm’ a wee bit. An able deputy and will improve with experience I’m sure.

Back