Nick walsh - does he need contact lenses?

Similar refereeing by Don Robertson cost us 2 points at Easter Road.

Exactly m8, he was ref at Livi this one. He is not the worst but was surely found out today.

How any ref can say play on is beyond me

Never mind looks like his mentor will be the ref at Aberdeen, Mr Cheat Clancy

Or is he just another one to add to the cheat list?

Im my view and family members who are far more liberal, we were all gobsmacked at no penalty call..

How and why did he not see that as a penalty against Roofe? Can anyone offer any explanation to remove him from the same category Clancy and Robertson clearly belong in.

The Bigoted Cheating Refs.

I want to be able to say maybe he never saw it or maybe roofe dived. But I cant. And at 1-0 all I can say is he has joined the cheating refs. Maybe being overlooked by many due to the score un us in 2nd gear BUT this type of officiating is cheating and maybe becomes decisive in a tighter game.

Here I go again. They are ALL cheats.

The penalty we got happens in virtually every game
I recon one of the fourth officials team told him he had made a James hunt of it and this was his way of saying sorry
That would mean Clancey telling Walsh to give Rangers a penalty. Thats a fairytale.

It was a shocking decision, penalty all week long and he knew it.

Typical of a little Rhat, keeping them in it, at least doing what he could too.

Futile effort by the little Yahoo.

When the guys in Radio Shortbread are discussing it and asking how the referee missed a clear penalty - you know it’s a ‘stonewaller’

But what excuse can he even dream about regarding the roofe penalty claim that was at a very decisive point in the game

The answer is in the question - It was because it was at a very decisive point in the game. I believe that was what you were alluding to. Some people miss that valid point.

When the guys in Radio Shortbread are discussing it and asking how the referee missed a clear penalty - you know it’s a ‘stonewaller’

I have never seen a more blatant penalty denied at Ibrox.

And there is no excuse anyone can give to Nick Walsh. None. Its cheating and anyone that says its not are delusional.

Na some not very good. Mr Robertson, Mr Clancy and after that today Mr Walsh are definitely cheats. Look again m8 at this video.

This is not incompetence.

Sorry HB . We have been getting cheated constantly for at least the last two years. How many penalties have not been awarded to us so far this season? My opinion is still that they ARE all cheats.

@ClockworkOrange

lets agree to disagree, I say cheat you say...

a. Got the ball
b. Ref never saw
c. Roofe dived

What makes you think hes not a cheat? I have uploaded a video to help you decide.

Oh mate, if that's your response to my post then I give up. You're not really interested in anything else other than extracting an acknowledgement, based on one non-decision, that a referee with whom we have a near-perfect record is a cheat. If you want to scrutinize individual data then it looks like the decision of a cheat. If you want to look at the wider picture - which, as an intelligent and lively poster, you're sure to do - then no, he's not. I'm sure you're aware of the difference.

He’s got a great view for me it’s the most stone wall pen claim we have had all season and he fails to give it , anyone saying the one he gave was soft but gave it as he saw the half time one for me is wrong it was a clear pen there is no soft about it

Sorry HB . We have been getting cheated constantly for at least the last two years. How many penalties have not been awarded to us so far this season? My opinion is still that they ARE all cheats.

fair enough m8, i see some as incompetent some scared to death (beaton) and cheats robertson and clancy.

I did have walsh as one of thebetter yahoos in the collum category. But as collum has shown too, when it really matters he comes out and shows his colours.

I was gobsmacked at the time and gobsmacked every time i watch this video

some will say im a broken record and too move on BUT mark my words if we dropped points today this thread would be at page 100 regards that decision.

The time to call this bias out is before it costs us.

But but he gave us a soft penalty , copyright Derek McInnes.

How many times over recent years has Considine got away with that exact same foul against us without anything being given? Walsh might have missed the foul on Roofe earlier in the game but he was actually in position to look straight at what Considibe did - and he was honest enough to give the decision.

How many times over recent years has Considine got away with that exact same foul against us without anything being given? Walsh might have missed the foul on Roofe earlier in the game but he was actually in position to look straight at what Considibe did - and he was honest enough to give the decision.

m8 was his eyes closed regards roofe? or is my thread title right, he needs contact lenses

@jimbear watch this https://streamable.com/am3oh8 and please give me an excuse for him.

fair enough m8, i see some as incompetent some scared to death (beaton) and cheats robertson and clancy.

I did have walsh as one of thebetter yahoos in the collum category. But as collum has shown too, when it really matters he comes out and shows his colours.

I was gobsmacked at the time and gobsmacked every time i watch this video

some will say im a broken record and too move on BUT mark my words if we dropped points today this thread would be at page 100 regards that decision.

The time to call this bias out is before it costs us.

We can agree to disagree about how many are cheats . You are however spot on about calling it out. Can't see us doing that unfortunately.

Really bad decision on the penalty call for the tackle on Roofe, other than that he was fine.

Anyone calling a referee a cheat after we’ve won the game 4-0 is a lunatic.

Oh mate, if that's your response to my post then I give up. You're not really interested in anything else other than extracting an acknowledgement, based on one non-decision, that a referee with whom we have a near-perfect record is a cheat. If you want to scrutinize individual data then it looks like the decision of a cheat. If you want to look at the wider picture - which, as an intelligent and lively poster, you're sure to do - then no, he's not. I'm sure you're aware of the difference.

lets just go you way for a minute, Tell me how many points we have dropped with nick in charge compared to celtic games hes has officiated. You will have a red face if you think its close.

I thought the free kick he gave Aberdeen right in half time was a joke too. Jack clearly won the ball and it was never a foul.
It was a foul. Jack won the ball cleanly but one of our defenders then cleaned them both out and missed the ball at the same time.

Another decision that will be completely forgotten about in the future.

I have absolutely no idea what he saw for that not to be a penalty.

Don’t know why I’m doing this but I’m going to be generous to the wee pygmy prick :D

The camera angle from the Main Stand shows it’s a stonewaller.

However, there was another angle we saw where the actual contact with Roofe’s leg was obscured. If that’s the angle Walsh got, he could maybe, just maybe, be excused for not spotting it.

What’s the linesman’s excuse? He got the side view, which couldn’t be clearer.

Really bad decision on the penalty call for the tackle on Roofe, other than that he was fine.

Anyone calling a referee a cheat after we’ve won the game 4-0 is a lunatic.

this is exactly the time to call it out before the cheating costs us

unless you think this is not cheating and it was not at a decisive point in the game

no point in shouting about it after points dropped. Do it now

Don’t know why I’m doing this but I’m going to be generous to the wee pygmy prick :D

The camera angle from the Main Stand shows it’s a stonewaller.

However, there was another angle we saw where the actual contact with Roofe’s leg was obscured. If that’s the angle Walsh got, he could maybe, just maybe, be excused for not spotting it.

What’s the linesman’s excuse? He got the side view, which couldn’t be clearer.

ref was looking right at it?

lets just go you way for a minute, Tell me how many points we have dropped with nick in charge compared to celtic games hes has officiated. You will have a red face if you think its close.

What? I've no idea what that means.

His record refereeing Celtic - 14 games, 12 wins, 2 draws, 0 losses.

His record refereeing Rangers - 18 games, 14 games, 3 draws, 1 loss.

Is that close enough? Because a win record of 77% against 85% cannot in any way shape or form not be considered close, especially when the numbers are almost identical if you discount our worst (and entirely justified) defeat against Hamilton at Ibrox.

look anyone in doubt look at the 4th minute of the video below where nick walsh OVER RULES his linesman

He is a cheat like robertson and clancy.

What? I've no idea what that means.

His record refereeing Celtic - 14 games, 12 wins, 2 draws, 0 losses.

His record refereeing Rangers - 18 games, 14 games, 3 draws, 1 loss.

Is that close enough? Because a win record of 77% against 85% cannot in any way shape or form not be considered close, especially when the numbers are almost identical if you discount our worst (and entirely justified) defeat against Hamilton at Ibrox.

not 2 draws, under our nick celtic have dropped 2 points

have a look at the ross county video where he even over rules his linesman to knock off a ross county goal against them. Despite being 5 yards onside,

Again if you think that was not cheating today at that decisive moment that would have made it 2-0 if we converted or kept Aberdeen in the game. Then we agree to disagree. 100% a wee cheat in my view.

not 2 draws, under our nick celtic have dropped 2 points

have a look at the ross county video where he even over rules his linesman to knock off a ross county goal against them. Despite being 5 yards onside,

Again if you think that was not cheating today at that decisive moment that would have made it 2-0 if we converted or kept Aberdeen in the game. Then we agree to disagree. 100% a wee cheat in my view.

Your ultimate problem (notwithstanding the fact that Celtic's record is better because they were, for the past three seasons, a better team) is in the isolation of your idea. It's the equivalent of interpreting Craig Thomson's non-award of a penalty to Celtic at Ibrox in 2009 as evidence that he favours us, ignoring evidence outside of that which clearly indicates the contrary. Or Madden giving Halliday a yellow instead of a red for attempted murder on Roberts. Or...etc, etc.

Let's hope that "wee cheat" keeps it up in the next game he refs us. An 83% percent win rate with no red cards suits me fine, and, despite the theatrics and fixation, you as well, I'm sure. Enjoy your Sunday. Walsh refereed us to another victory today, so I know I will.

I agree he seemed to have a very good view it so

I agree he had a very good view of it so I don't know why it wasn't given. If it was cheating why give us the one in the second half, hardly anybody was claiming for it so why give it.
Refs are a strange breed. I remember years ago an ex grade one ref and season ticket holder at Ibrox used to meet a group of us in the pub after games. The lot of us would be slating the ref for this or that but the ex ref chap would always make an excuse for him and I'm talking about some howling decisions.
Friends with ontheline? ;) :))

The penalty we got happens in virtually every game
I recon one of the fourth officials team told him he had made a James hunt of it and this was his way of saying sorry
Absurd. It’s a stonewall pen. He’s basically rugby tackled Balogun.

@ClockworkOrange

lets agree to disagree, I say cheat you say...

a. Got the ball
b. Ref never saw
c. Roofe dived

What makes you think hes not a cheat? I have uploaded a video to help you decide.

Mental people are defending this. As stonewall a pen as you will see all season.

We’ve been denied 3 clear pens. Another for Roofe, and one for Itten. We’ve been given zero pens not 100% merited. Yet the agenda is we are benefitting from peenaltu calls.

Add in the blatant handball Ajer got away with yesterday.

At least 3 or 4. Off the top of my head.

How many stonewallers not given against them?
Ajer yesterday for a start. I’m not convinced Celtic’s yesterday was a pen neither. Need to see it again.

At least 3 or 4. Off the top of my head.

How many stonewallers not given against them?
Ajer yesterday for a start. I’m not convinced Celtic’s yesterday was a pen neither. Need to see it again.
Of course not, it just means he's not doing it particularly well.
You are conflating 2 things that aren’t directly related. Cheating would be about denying stone wall pens, giving soft pens against, ignoring offsides, booking our players for %^*& all whilst allowing theirs away with murder. Ignoring fouls on our players. Inventing fouls by our players. Booking Itten for being fouled. None of these things guarantee a loss and therefore a win cannot be used as evidence of a lack of cheating. Albeit costing us points in one game can be catastrophic.

We can still win in spite of cheating. Also we can draw through a ref’s cheating/incompetence. See Hibs earlier this season. Just as damaging.

Your ultimate problem (notwithstanding the fact that Celtic's record is better because they were, for the past three seasons, a better team) is in the isolation of your idea. It's the equivalent of interpreting Craig Thomson's non-award of a penalty to Celtic at Ibrox in 2009 as evidence that he favours us, ignoring evidence outside of that which clearly indicates the contrary. Or Madden giving Halliday a yellow instead of a red for attempted murder on Roberts. Or...etc, etc.

Let's hope that "wee cheat" keeps it up in the next game he refs us. An 83% percent win rate with no red cards suits me fine, and, despite the theatrics and fixation, you as well, I'm sure. Enjoy your Sunday. Walsh refereed us to another victory today, so I know I will.
I was backing you until the attempted murder nonsense.

You are conflating 2 things that aren’t directly related. Cheating would be about denying stone wall pens, giving soft pens against, ignoring offsides, booking our players for %^*& all whilst allowing theirs away with murder. Ignoring fouls on our players. Inventing fouls by our players. Booking Itten for being fouled. None of these things guarantee a loss and therefore a win cannot be used as evidence of a lack of cheating. Albeit costing us points in one game can be catastrophic.

We can still win in spite of cheating. Also we can draw through a ref’s cheating/incompetence. See Hibs earlier this season. Just as damaging.

How can a near-perfect record under a referee and that referee's performance in these games not be considered "directly related"?

You are, for what it's worth, echoing my sentiments from earlier on in the thread.
showed his colours m8. I have a tendency to flush them out

If in doubt, throw the accusation of Timpostery about. The FF mark of an ignorant, beaten, desperate man. Which is a shame, because I've great respect for how doggedly and persistently you've presented your case with enthusiasm this evening, and the obvious love you have for this great club. A pity, mate. You had done so well.

How can a near-perfect record under a referee and that referee's performance in these games not be considered "directly related"?

You are, for what it's worth, echoing my sentiments from earlier on in the thread.

If in doubt, throw the accusation of Timpostery about. The FF mark of an ignorant, beaten, desperate man. Which is a shame, because I've great respect for how doggedly and persistently you've presented your case with enthusiasm this evening, and the obvious love you have for this great club. A pity, mate. You had done so well.

i stopped debating when you used claims of nick walsh stats being comparison in regards to celtic,

Did you watch him over rule his liesman to chalk off a goal against celtic? Not sure which one was the most desperate, that one or his cheating today.

Back