Nick Walsh

Monobrow McGinn right through the back of Davis...no booking.

Studs into Barasic inner thigh....bo booking.

2 St Midden players with burst coupons needing treatment.....allowed to play on without leaving the pitch and one saves a corner....

Defoes shot in last min clearly saved by keeper.....goal kick awarded and full time blown immediately.

Another comical effort at officiating.

No foul!!! never mind no card!

2 St Midden players with burst coupons needing treatment.....allowed to play on without leaving the pitch and one saves a corner....

Defoes shot in last min clearly saved by keeper.....goal kick awarded and full time blown immediately.

Aye that was a strange one. I didn’t know what was happening for a minute. Thought he had given a goal kick despite it clearly being touched over by the keeper.

Are we really surprised. The level of officiating continues to disappoint.

We need to start having the mentality to appreciate that we are not going to receive fair treatment from any referee or any other employee of the SFA for that matter. Clancy clearly demonstrated on the 29th of December that we are subject to a different standard of refereeing- even to the point of disregard for basic rules of the game. (eg, allowing a goal to stand when the ball has entered the net via the hand of the attacking forward and also permitting a player - Scott Brown - to remain on the pitch after receiving two yellow cards). The fact that the SFA did not take Clancy to task for his bizarre decisions that day is an indication that they are simply not interested. Had the home side been on the receiving end of those decisions that day, rest assured that there would have been a full inquiry. The current situation came about as a result of a long term strategic campaign to intimidate officials by people associated with Celtic FC. The time is long overdue for our Board to start calling it out for what it is.

The rules are both should have left the field.

However, that rule was made to cut down on time wasting. It was clearly a nasty head clash between the players so would have been harsh for them to be down to 9 after it. I’d give him the benefit of the doubt and call it sporting (although still technically wrong).

It's not technically wrong, it is wrong. The rules of the game were no adhered to. If they used commonsense at all times, it wouldn't be much of an issue, but they dont. eg Alfies second booking v well.

Same as the wee fanny that kicked the ball away early in the match. Or, all subs coming off at halfway line.

Final act he awarded a goal kick when it was a clear corner. Linesman indicted it was a corner, he thens blows the final whistle. Might be a small thing but shows he is not fully in control.

Also shows he didnt add any time on for the head blows at the other end, though it did suit us.

I'll leave you all with one thing, he's the ref the next time we play the beggars in the league!

Apart from 1 decision where he should he booked the St Mirren player, he was fine. Anybody moaning about him is no different from Mad Joe O'Rourke.

Reactions: dmg
They are just a group of very poor referees. Think the SFA need to work with other countries of a similar size and widen the experience they get, maybe Holland, Belgium or Denmark.

it’s too much of a goldfish bowl. Let’s be honest would any of us want to do that job?

I would like to know where our penalty was in the first half after goldsons jersey got pulled.

Explain the difference Walsh
This all day long.

In saying that, if he did give it, VAR would have been fast tracked in to reverse the decision.

Anyone seen Arfields booking again? Looked very harsh at the time, otherwise not much to complain about if you assume he missed Goldson getting his shirt pulled in the box.

I'd say two of our bookings from the CD resulted from feigned injury with dives thrown in for good measure .

It didn't take much to con this idiot tonight which sums up the continual cheating as being an acceptable part of the game where officials cannot differentiate & use common sense to call it as it really is as the cheats would soon tober up their ideas if they faced a booking as per the rules which clearly aren't being applied properly.

Anyone seen Arfields booking again? Looked very harsh at the time, otherwise not much to complain about if you assume he missed Goldson getting his shirt pulled in the box.

was Arfield booked? I don’t remember that,.

A cheating c_nt and once again, our manager should be highlighting his double standards in the post match interview.

We should have a team who watch the game, highlight what's went on and only after communicating with the manager should we allow him to comment on what has taken place.

Fc_uk what Sky or BT or anyone else says to the contrary.

That’s the problem, we probably won’t see another penalty for this until Celtic need one in the next game against them.

Should have had a pen in the first half when Goldson’s shirt was getting pulled. He was looking right at it and ignored it.

One thing I ask of referees across the board is be consistent with each other.

We’ve had loads worse ref performances than tonight.

And that makes it OK some how ?

He is quickly moving up the ones to watch list.

He has never been slow to book our players, I think on average he books twice as many of our players per game than when in charge of celtic.

It took him to passed the 80 minute mark to book one of their players, even though he watched players twice kick the ball away in a 2 minute spell midway through the first half.

He clearly saw not a quick pull of Goldson’s jersey but a grab and hold for several seconds it the box, he was looking straight at it and chose to ignore it.

The linesman flagged for a corner when the keeper carried the ball out and he ignored it and let play continue, Gerrard was going mental.

He played an advantage to us when our man had three players around him needless to say we lost the ball.

Anyone thinking someone making as many mistakes as him is acceptable is worth the watching as much as Walsh

And that makes it OK some how ?

He is quickly moving up the ones to watch list.

He has never been slow to book our players, I think on average he books twice as many of our players per game than when in charge of celtic.

It took him to passed the 80 minute mark to book one of their players, even though he watched players twice kick the ball away in a 2 minute spell midway through the first half.

He clearly saw not a quick pull of Goldson’s jersey but a grab and hold for several seconds it the box, he was looking straight at it and chose to ignore it.

The linesman flagged for a corner when the keeper carried the ball out and he ignored it and let play continue, Gerrard was going mental.

He played an advantage to us when our man had three players around him needless to say we lost the ball.

Anyone thinking someone making as many mistakes as him is acceptable is worth the watching as much as Walsh

Wind yer neck in and go take yer happy pill.

I never used the word acceptable. I said we’ve had a lot worse, and we have.

I don’t think he was that bad quick to book Kamara but let Davis off with two poor fouls within a few minutes of each other. Had worse by far

What about the Donnybrook in extra time, just outside the box, in the Govan / Copland corner? There were at least three fouls, but the bold Nick just played on. Advantage St Boo.

Peter's bitch

Not a cheat like Clancy, but a little simp that bottles it every time he has to make a call

Another on the long list of refs I don't want to see at Ibrox for a long time

I have never seen him control a game of football. Not once. This for me is the most dangerous aspect of playing a game with a ref as weak as he is, when playing teams that know they can leave the boot in. Dreadful ref, surely must have been fast tracked due to numbers.

Didn't really have any issues with him except the one their player went through the back of Kent (or Davis?) in the centre circle and didn't get booked. No complaints about Kamara or Flanagan's bookings.
Agree 100%.

And all the people moaning that he didn’t get the St Mirren players off the field after treatment need to look up the rules before they accuse the referee of not applying them correctly. Doesn’t help the genuine argument re standards if we go off the deep end when the ref is actually right.

Reactions: GF7
Oddly he blew for full time after the allotted four minutes despite one of their players being treated for an injury and the st Mirren captain was treated for four minutes in first half and he only gave three minutes injury time. Oh and missed the shirt pull on Katic at a Rangers corner in first half

His positioning was shocking, standing in the middle of play and getting in the way. Our midfielders had to play around him a number of times.

Also a pull on one of our players (can’t remember who) during a corner in the first half, clear as day. No pen given.

He was absolutely fine tonight’ the lack of knowledge of the Laws of the Game is staggering at times.

He played with my team for about 2 years. I think he coached with Them as well and he never had his Septic goalie top off, EVER! Absolute rabid.

Peter's bitch

Not a cheat like Clancy, but a little simp that bottles it every time he has to make a call

Another on the long list of refs I don't want to see at Ibrox for a long time

Why did we have an AMATEUR REFEREE, refereeing our game tonight, oh sorry is he LIEWELL APROVED?

The rules are both should have left the field.

However, that rule was made to cut down on time wasting. It was clearly a nasty head clash between the players so would have been harsh for them to be down to 9 after it. I’d give him the benefit of the doubt and call it sporting (although still technically wrong).

Do you think he would have called it that way if we had had 2 down? I haven’t thought he’s been one of the worst but everything he could give v us the 2nd half he did.

Back