Nick Walsh

Secondhalf. It looked to me like Defoe had wriggled clear of a player on the edge inside their box and was pulled too

Let too many y of their fouls go unpunished. Should’ve given their midfielder a yellow card...shat it, then Davis did a blatant yellow card foul straight after. Shat it as I think he felt he had to even it up. Davis then fouled again perfect opportunity for ref to book him...didn’t take it.

I’m not sure on rules with 2 guys head knocks but it didn’t seem right.

Then thought 4 mins was too much injury time. But he gave it. Their player was down for 2 mins in injury time and he blew right on four mins (take note Clancy).

Poor for both teams but seemed to give st mirren benefit of doubt too often. Crap display the type we are now accustomed to.

I dont think Clancys performance could be beaten for the kevel of cheating.
Im sure with some refs it has to be incompetence but the trend is alarming and may well cost us the league if we dont make a stand against it.

The rules are both should have left the field.

However, that rule was made to cut down on time wasting. It was clearly a nasty head clash between the players so would have been harsh for them to be down to 9 after it. I’d give him the benefit of the doubt and call it sporting (although still technically wrong).
I thought the rule was that if 2 players from the same team are injured and need treatment then none will be required to leave the pitch? Positive we've seen this happen a few times.

They are genuinely scared to give a decision against the tims because of all the fall-out they would get. Ths is Sellicks long game. To be fair last night Davies got away with a couple of dodgy tackles during the game.

To be fair I thought he was bad both ways. Davis pulls the boy back when he breaking and no booking either. Not saying he is good lol

The time has come to have someone from the club analysis the refs performance for the full match at every game.

Note the inconsistency, be honest and give transparency on all calls, the standard of refereeing in this country has dropped off a cliff every since one club forced the referees into striking

We need to start having the mentality to appreciate that we are not going to receive fair treatment from any referee or any other employee of the SFA for that matter. Clancy clearly demonstrated on the 29th of December that we are subject to a different standard of refereeing- even to the point of disregard for basic rules of the game. (eg, allowing a goal to stand when the ball has entered the net via the hand of the attacking forward and also permitting a player - Scott Brown - to remain on the pitch after receiving two yellow cards). The fact that the SFA did not take Clancy to task for his bizarre decisions that day is an indication that they are simply not interested. Had the home side been on the receiving end of those decisions that day, rest assured that there would have been a full inquiry. The current situation came about as a result of a long term strategic campaign to intimidate officials by people associated with Celtic FC. The time is long overdue for our Board to start calling it out for what it is.
Excellent summary of the true position and you are right, our club really must take on the corruption at the heart of our game NOW.

For me, its the little things with refs that you notice more. The cumulative effect makes everyone more annoyed when they get the big things wrong.

For me, all night, Walsh let things like players stealing yards at throw ins (let them take one in our half at one point, when the ball went out about 10 yards in theirs), keeper taking the piss at goal kicks (did keepy ups at one point ffs), an inability to make a decision about an injured player (here is a tip - if a player with a head injury has been stood up by his physio then he can walk off the park for treatment - as they are fine - they don't need to stand in the middle of the box having a plaster put on), players kicking the ball away after a decision with no action taken, players running away with the ball in their hands, players taking free kicks from wherever they want, rules about subs not being applied (players allowed to slowly trudge across the entire park to be subbed - this was meant to be applied universally - presume its only Rangers players in old firms who are made to do it?)

Then when they do things like book Flano for his first foul and then not book some St Boo hammer thrower for the exact same foul, or not be able to spot massive shirt pulls in the box - then the crowd goes nuts. With good reason.

Not a cheat, just a useless idiot.

I mean, 2 seconds in - there was an intentional handball that was not only not given as a free kick, let alone a booking. Boy charged down Davis' pass like a rugby block ffs.

He’s the ref who threatened to give Alfredo a second yellow at Rugby Park after scoring a hat-trick for not sprinting off the pitch quickly enough. Shoo’d Alfie off and the hatred was oozing out of him. He’s a dangerous individual and unless his hair falls out he’ll be around for years.

Walsh was a fast track ref ,caused chaos at junior level , perhaps his schooling helped him through

Walsh is going to play a major role in the next Old firm game. We need to put as much pressure on him beforehand as possible

The rules are both should have left the field.

However, that rule was made to cut down on time wasting. It was clearly a nasty head clash between the players so would have been harsh for them to be down to 9 after it. I’d give him the benefit of the doubt and call it sporting (although still technically wrong).

That's not the case.

Anyone seen Arfields booking again? Looked very harsh at the time, otherwise not much to complain about if you assume he missed Goldson getting his shirt pulled in the box.
You won’t see another Pen for a shirt pull this season .

He wasn't great but I've certainly seen way, way worse. Only real one that irked me was the lack of bookings for St Mirren - particularly McGinn (as per usual...)

Let’s not forget the blatant time wasting in the LCF when in the last 20 minutes their players (including the keeper) were dropping like flies and received lengthy onfield treatment. Collum was happy to indulge them, not one went off the park for treatment.

Back