Nick Walsh...

He was poor but not influencing the game poor. Though he seemed to fall fir their diving.

Also the one where he blocked their player, surely he lets it hit him so he stops the game and gives them back possession.

I'd genuinely like him to have to justify his 2 mins injury time in the first half. It might seem like a negligible thing, but if we're being diddled out of just 2 mins per game, that's 76 mins over the course of the season. Think of the number of goals scored towards the end of games when teams are knackered, and translate that into points/goal difference. It could have a massive say in the title race.

OnlyTwo minutes added for the 1st half, water break was over two minutes and they made a sub after the trainers were on.

I have to give him credit. He was on the button, fully in control, purposeful and adhered strictly to the rules when awarding a refreshment break. Outstanding.

All the refs do Celtic and our opponents wee favours over the season, its not anything knew has been this way for a while.

He is a good ref, we dont have crap refs ive no idea where folk get that idea from, what they do is protect themselves from the media by doing a wee bit of rule bending at certain times ... like today when he was going to book the defender then thought hold on hes already got a yellow. If its our player then hes off.
So you’re basically saying he cheated then?

I posted on here at the time, he was one of four Scottish UEFA officials sitting in the B.A lounge in Heathrow at a table opposite me on their way to officiating the Copenhagen v PSV Conference League game back in March with their nice black UEFA carry on luggage. When I tell you who made up the quartet you’ll excuse my multiple trips to the bar even although it was only around 11:00am on a Wednesday. Willie Collum, David McGeachie and Francis Connor made up the crew. At least it was Blue Label and it was free.

OP is talking pish. What did the ref do wrong today?

To be fair mate that’s the 2nd week in a row an opposition player has been allowed to be subbed instead of sent off. Players take note of these things.

The HIVS will no doubt be flying into our players next week.

He should clear off to England and do lower league games like Jobby Madden.
Madden will be doing Premiership matches soon! He’s a FIFA rated Referee and he’ll get bumped up pretty soon IMO. Just don’t think they can throw him into the top division right away.

Could have been a penalty on Colak

The second yellow for Montgomery

Keeper with the ball outside his box

Getting in the way of play for them, very poor positioning

St. Johnstone player was protecting the ball on the deck and we should have got the foul

Not the worst today but not the greatest either.
Not long after that in the first half he gave a foul against Borna for something very similar - if it is a foul outside the box it is a foul inside the box.

I'm not saying he's a cheat, just totally inconsistent. Others have posted on this thread other examples.

Not long after that in the first half he gave a foul against Borna for something very similar - if it is a foul outside the box it is a foul inside the box.

I'm not saying he's a cheat, just totally inconsistent. Others have posted on this thread other examples.

Exactly!!

Its the kind of crap calls that we get against us when playing away but never get them going for us.

Would VAR have gave us a pen though? Hard one…

Didn't look outside the box on the replay on RangersTV.

And he gave us the Colak offside goal - so not all bad.
I was in line with it and he was clearly out the box. Can't blame the ref for this one, no way he could be sure from where he was. The linesman on the other hand was shite. It's his job to see these incidents.

Barely even noticed him tbh, wasn’t that bad.
Exactly my thoughts but you get the exact same threads every single week, regardless of who it is and what the result was.

We have had some crap refs in Europe as well but they can’t be accused of being cheats, in Celtics pocket, part of a conspiracy etc, so less gets said about that.

I was in line with it and he was clearly out the box. Can't blame the ref for this one, no way he could be sure from where he was. The linesman on the other hand was shite. It's his job to see these incidents.
I’m going by the replays on RangersTV mate. Didn’t look out to me. I was a bit surprised Walsh didn’t give a foul for impeding the ‘keeper.

Ball wasnt passed forward so no offside
That’s the rules from years ago mate. Doesn’t matter these days. Colak was in an offside position when the ball was played and came back to score the goal.

He’s in an offside position (which isn’t an offence) but it becomes an offence when he becomes involved in active play. There is no mention of playing the ball forwards, or otherwise. His starting position was in an offside position.

Will get another look on SportScene at 1930hrs. You can be sure they will highlight it.:rolleyes: For once, we got the benefit.

He's the slyest of them all, he just continually gets small things wrong which would trick the unaware into him just being not very good but it's all part of the strategy

Exactly my thoughts but you get the exact same threads every single week, regardless of who it is and what the result was.

We have had some crap refs in Europe as well but they can’t be accused of being cheats, in Celtics pocket, part of a conspiracy etc, so less gets said about that.
You post on a lot of these threads too(the quieter ones) and say over and over every one of them is crap, is that not quite disrespectful towards the refs ?

They work hard and put in a lot of effort to get to the top of refereeing and its completely unfair and also untrue to suggest they are all hopeless match officials that dont have a clue how to ref a game of football.

When Matondo got his toe to it Colak was in an offside position. Came back onside to put it away but should still have been called as an offside. For once, and probably only the once, we got the break. VAR would have disallowed it.
Given that the ball wasn’t played forward, I don’t think he was offside at all mate. Watch it again. Matondo gets across and puts his foot it enough to as you say tie the ball across and back to Colak. The ball doesn’t move forward.

Given that the ball wasn’t played forward, I don’t think he was offside at all mate. Watch it again. Matondo gets across and puts his foot it enough to as you say tie the ball across and back to Colak. The ball doesn’t move forward.
Doesn’t matter if the ball goes forward or not mate. It’s the position of the player and whether he becomes ‘active’ that matters, nothing else. I posted the rules in post #26 of the thread below. Funny thread, with all the varying degrees of ‘knowledge’.:rolleyes::)

Doesn’t matter if the ball goes forward or not mate. It’s the position of the player and whether he becomes ‘active’ that matters, nothing else. I posted the rules in post #26 of the thread below. Funny thread, with all the varying degrees of ‘knowledge’.:rolleyes::)

I’ll agree to disagree. In fifty odd years of watching and playing the game I’ve gone with the rule the ball must move forward. A player cannot be offside from a cut back. And never once have I been challenged on that.

To be fair mate that’s the 2nd week in a row an opposition player has been allowed to be subbed instead of sent off. Players take note of these things.

The HIVS will no doubt be flying into our players next week.

Against Livi 100%, but although Montgomery could've been sent off I don't think it was as clear cut. Seen them given, seen them not.

I’ll agree to disagree. In fifty odd years of watching and playing the game I’ve gone with the rule the ball must move forward. A player cannot be offside from a cut back. And never once have I been challenged on that.
You have now, and you're wrong.
Read the rule and we can all move on and accept the rules are the rules.
Today we got a decision in our favour (in difficult circumstances for the linesman).
Well take it, because we don't get many.

The cut back part isn't offside if the ball was ahead of the receiving player. Todays circumstances are quite rare, although we have had it twice in 2 league games.

You’re not alone in taking that attitude. However, put simply, it’s wrong. He was in an offside position when the ball was played (which isn’t an offence) but as soon as he becomes ‘active’ after moving back onside he commits an offence.

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:

• interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
    • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
    • challenging an opponent for the ball or
    • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
    • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

Keeper running about outside the box with the ball in his hand
The push on matondo in the box followed by a pass back

Bizarre refereeing
Let’s not forget the card for Goldson pulling back the St J player but when exactly the same thing happened to Matondo earlier in the game, just a foul, this is how the refs cost us suspensions of our best players a tactic I have noticed is in full flow already. I doubt they would be carded for those fouls seeing as year on year they have the lowest card count yet the among the highest fouls hmm.

You have now, and you're wrong.
Read the rule and we can all move on and accept the rules are the rules.
Today we got a decision in our favour (in difficult circumstances for the linesman).
Well take it, because we don't get many.

The cut back part isn't offside if the ball was ahead of the receiving player. Todays circumstances are quite rare, although we have had it twice in 2 league games.
As I say you can’t be offside from a cutback. If he was offside earlier in the move and not given then tough.

He was honking today and can’t remember one decision he gave in our favour, usual bog standard refereeing in our league petrified to be scrutinised on sportcene

Back