Nick Walsh...

He was honking today and can’t remember one decision he gave in our favour, usual bog standard refereeing in our league petrified to be scrutinised on sportcene
Maybe just a tad of hyperbole there mate.
There wasn't one game changing incident he gave against us...possibly the occasional foul at most.
I've witnessed much much worse refereeing perfomances over the years and as I said earlier, Tuesdays refereeing performance was one of the worst I've seen in a long time.
There are certainly times when we can heavily criticise refereeing performances in our games but today wasn't one of them!

TBH he was fkn useless when in the juniors always had controversy in games just like Colum who they are modelled on

Maybe just a tad of hyperbole there mate.
There wasn't one game changing incident he gave against us...possibly the occasional foul at most.
I've witnessed much much worse refereeing perfomances over the years and as I said earlier, Tuesdays refereeing performance was one of the worst I've seen in a long time.
There are certainly times when we can heavily criticise refereeing performances in our games but today wasn't one of them!
Totally agree. Incidentally he isn’t the worst not by a long shot. I’m trying to grasp the threads justification? We won comprehensively with as already stated, no controversial incidents…
Cast your mind back to the Rangers 4-1 Celtic game at the end of a season 55, their captain - who is already on a yellow card - crunches into Kamara, Walsh lets play flow and a few seconds later it’s 2-0 Rangers and they get their captain sent off…

It didn’t influence the result, but how do they get 2 minutes of injury time at the end of the first half? There was a St J player down for 90 seconds, he then got substituted (30 seconds?), a 2 minutes water break, another St J player down, Scott Wright down and a bit of time wasting. There should easily have been 5+ minute of injury time. Sure it was hot and the players might have been happy to go in at HT. But it shouldn’t be for the officials to decide just to shorten a game. Instead they should be adding the time and applying the rules.

You are correct in regards to the injury time. 2 minutes for the first half, 3 minutes for the second half .

As you say , their player down injured and water break first half and water break second half plus multiple substitution.

Contrast this to the Barcelona game tonight , 5 minutes injury time first half and 8 minutes injury time second half with same type scenario in regards to water breaks and subs.

Walsh is a self indulgent tadger, but probably the best of a bad bunch.

Clancy - outright cheat, doesn't hide it
Madden - frightened (thankfully gone now)
Collum - frightened and arrogantly helps his team
McLean - whistle happy shortarse
Dallas - cancelled after giving us 4 penalties
Beaton - easily got to
Robertson - junior Clancy

Each to their own opinion. Other than Clancy, I believe no referee has an agenda against us. They just absolutely fvcking rotten the lot of them.

As Drum said above, we’ve managed some right crackpots in Europe too. Let’s hope that’s not the case come Tuesday.

Sorry mate, there's any number of mentally challenged refs who love ro stck it to us, Walsh chief amongst them.

His refereeing today was terrible.

Didn’t think it was cheating. Just terrible.

Mind you, I have never made a secret of my view that Scottish refereeing is utterly terrible

To be fair to him, he can't possibly have seen that - that was on the linesman

However, a couple of injuries, a sub, and a water break and only plays 2 minutes... baffling
And to be even fairer to him, it’s 4-0 in that heat, what mores going to happen in that heat?

Walsh’s problem is that he’s a big hit for himself. He thinks he’s the main draw, incredibly arrogant.
He also constantly gets in the way of play which is just seriously amateurish.
He’s also too small to be considered a real man and should be ridiculed for it. Don’t @ me

Each to their own opinion. Other than Clancy, I believe no referee has an agenda against us. They just absolutely fvcking rotten the lot of them.

As Drum said above, we’ve managed some right crackpots in Europe too. Let’s hope that’s not the case come Tuesday.

I think this a pretty much fair statement. Clancy is the only one ballsy enough to be such an obvious rattler. Gonna miss Brother Bobby though, I reckon.

I’ll agree to disagree. In fifty odd years of watching and playing the game I’ve gone with the rule the ball must move forward. A player cannot be offside from a cut back. And never once have I been challenged on that.
if the receiving player is behind the ball he cant be offside Colak was ahead of the ball and came back from an offside position it was offside. Will take that though and let the scum go into meltdown should be a funny week ahead

Could have been a penalty on Colak

The second yellow for Montgomery

Keeper with the ball outside his box

Getting in the way of play for them, very poor positioning

St. Johnstone player was protecting the ball on the deck and we should have got the foul

Not the worst today but not the greatest either.
The keeper didn’t have the ball outside the box and the Colak one was never a penalty.

Given the second was offside we got the rub of the green on decisions today. EDIT: Yesterday, fucking hell

When Rangers made the triple substitution he waited for the 3 players to walk off from different parts of the pitch and for the 3 subs to run on.

Took about a minute.

As soon as they were on he blew for the drinks break.

I don’t think people understand that refs have ambitions to be the best in the country. I don’t think any go out each weekend to try and make Celtic win and Rangers lose. When Celtic fans went on about for decades they were a laughing stock.
Ofcourse they do, they also know how much influence Celtic have at the sfa and how the media reports on football.

I dont watch sportscene for example but im sure they will focus on the offside goal we got this week but didnt bother to report or debate a similar call at Livi.

There is thread running alongside this one on John Beaton cheating, and other refs too, not one of you guys have made similar comments on there or been on to explain how bias would not be tolerated in any sport.

I also dont believe this obsession with Celtic fans helps us much mate, you say they went on about refs cheating them well no one on their side is moaning now. Its been about 10 years since they could find anything to complain about even Lennon struggled and we know he easily he turns on match officials.

I don’t think people understand that refs have ambitions to be the best in the country. I don’t think any go out each weekend to try and make Celtic win and Rangers lose. When Celtic fans went on about for decades they were a laughing stock.
They put up with dogs abuse doing the youths, then the amateurs, then the juniors and then the lower leagues. Only to reach the premier league and rather than try and kick on and try get into the UEFA or FIFA ref pools they instead start twirling their mustaches and say, finally I can %^*& over Rangers.

It's embarrassing.

Ofcourse they do, they also know how much influence Celtic have at the sfa and how the media reports on football.

I dont watch sportscene for example but im sure they will focus on the offside goal we got this week but didnt bother to report or debate a similar call at Livi.

There is thread running alongside this one on John Beaton cheating, and other refs too, not one of you guys have made similar comments on there or been on to explain how bias would not be tolerated in any sport.

I also dont believe this obsession with Celtic fans helps us much mate, you say they went on about refs cheating them well no one on their side is moaning now. Its been about 10 years since they could find anything to complain about even Lennon struggled and we know he easily he turns on match officials.
Do you honestly think Walsh sat ahead of yesterday's game thinking to himself how he was going to try help St Johnstone. :D

The scum will have a centre half playing today who should be serving a two match ban. Small things all add up to big things. His second yellow (NOT GIVEN )for going into crowd was a MASSIVE boost for them !
You don’t get a 2 match ban for a red like that but he should have missed today’s game,

Do you honestly think Walsh sat ahead of yesterday's game thinking to himself how he was going to try help St Johnstone. :D
Not at all but i think every refs spends a lot of time thinking about protecting their family and their career and it has an effect on their decision making. I would suggest its almost impossible not too given the set up we have here.

Like for example the 2 players that should have been red carded for diddy sides and would have been had they been ours. The amount of times the tims could/should have red cards but the ref decides to let it slide.

If you guys know exactly what happens with refereeing, if you are 100 per cent sure bias is impossible cos of something a tim told you or said on the radio, why the fear of joining the other thread to explain a number of crazy performances by Beaton, Clancy, Madden and McLean in recent years which were full of insane decisions all going against Rangers.

Not at all but i think every refs spends a lot of time thinking about protecting their family and their career and it has an effect on their decision making. I would suggest its almost impossible not too given the set up we have here.

Like for example the 2 players that should have been red carded for diddy sides and would have been had they been ours. The amount of times the tims could/should have red cards but the ref decides to let it slide.

If you guys know exactly what happens with refereeing, if you are 100 per cent sure bias is impossible cos of something a tim told you or said on the radio, why the fear of joining the other thread to explain a number of crazy performances by Beaton, Clancy, Madden and McLean in recent years which were full of insane decisions all going against Rangers.
The refs are shit, we had one tell Gerrard he didn't give a handball penalty because it was windy.

Doesn't make them cheats.

Fortunately I don’t know any of that lot so wouldn’t be influenced by them. I haven’t heard the drivel on Radio Clyde since about 2000 so all my thoughts are my own. I thought last week their player was fortunate not to get a red and clearly so did Martindale. Wasn’t as convinced by the second yellow yesterday but at the same time his first yellow could have been red. We got the benefit of a tight call for Colak and they got the benefit of a tight one where the keeper came out the box. Football is riddled with mistakes by player’s, managers and supporters. Refs in my view make the least and are under the most scrutiny. You see marginal decisions played back about 10 times and more often than not they made the right call.

A non cinch team winning the league being difficult for the SPFL was one of the most sinister comments I've heard from any football organisation.

I think he is one, like Beaton, whi is so heavily criticised and called a cheat from the other side that he over thinks decisions for us.

His day job seems to be the only reason they think he cheats for us (and the photoshop of him in a Rangers kit).
Spot on, the fear they install in the referees is the main problem.

Walsh is a self indulgent tadger, but probably the best of a bad bunch.

Clancy - outright cheat, doesn't hide it
Madden - frightened (thankfully gone now)
Collum - frightened and arrogantly helps his team
McLean - whistle happy shortarse
Dallas - cancelled after giving us 4 penalties
Beaton - easily got to
Robertson - junior Clancy
Madden was our best ref.

Back