Nick Walsh...

Fortunately I don’t know any of that lot so wouldn’t be influenced by them. I haven’t heard the drivel on Radio Clyde since about 2000 so all my thoughts are my own. I thought last week their player was fortunate not to get a red and clearly so did Martindale. Wasn’t as convinced by the second yellow yesterday but at the same time his first yellow could have been red. We got the benefit of a tight call for Colak and they got the benefit of a tight one where the keeper came out the box. Football is riddled with mistakes by player’s, managers and supporters. Refs in my view make the least and are under the most scrutiny. You see marginal decisions played back about 10 times and more often than not they made the right call.
Ok well you speak about Celtic fans in every post, we dont need to have met them all anyway to know they have 0 to moan about when it comes to refereeing. Even one bad call against them would be reported by the press.

Offsides are always tough that is not the same as the way the cards are used by the officials on the pitch, and i think you know that. Ofcourse now an offside has gone our way it will be used 100x over in every thread about refs(even tho its not a refs call) to prove we are getting just as many lucky decisions as the rest.

My point is that even if we accept Walsh is the best ref, even if hes the most honest which i say without doubt he is, he still decided in that match to give them the benefit of the doubt and allow the player to be subbed. Thats twice now. If Goldson makes a 2nd tactical foul what happens ?

Are Celtic using the same rules where the ref helps the opposition to keep 11 on the pitch ? i would take a guess and say no cos theres too much chance of any referee getting the treatment from the media if that happens and many pundits will point to the gap between the 2 top sides and the rest and suggest goal difference could be crucial.

The last time i spoke to you on here were you and a few of others that defend refs not suggesting Kevin Clancy was cheating at Aberdeen ?

I think he is just a poor ref. One of their players got a yellow that I thought wasn't merited. I don't think there was any clear bias there.

Clancy and Robertson are cheats plain and simple , there’s far too many incidents for it to be mistakes

Walsh shat it yesterday to send off the on loan bomb thrower, it was a clear second yellow with the game at 1-0

All three referees this season have booked Goldson who will be due a ban shortly if this keeps up

Robertson booked 3 Gers players in the first half against Livingston yes 3 in the opening 45 mins but fails to book a shettleston last week who’s already on a card jumping into the crowd to celebrate a goal

There’s the difference, no hesitation in booking Rangers players but the bed gets wet when applying rules to the opposing teams or you know who

All we ask for is a level playing field …

Guy pulls back Tillman when on the break. Free kick only. Goldson does the same, yellow straight out. Why the disparity???
It happens all the time to Rangers.

Its weird reading threads about how the refs are stuck in the 90s and somehow to blame for Motherwell/ Utds results in europe and a poor standard of football, they know modern football just fine and all the rules or laws of the game when it comes to booking and sending off our players.

When Rangers made the triple substitution he waited for the 3 players to walk off from different parts of the pitch and for the 3 subs to run on.

Took about a minute.

As soon as they were on he blew for the drinks break.
Yeah I found that a strange one as well. I said to my mate why didn’t he have the water break at the time of the substitutions? Apart from that nothing major to report

Ok well you speak about Celtic fans in every post, we dont need to have met them all anyway to know they have 0 to moan about when it comes to refereeing. Even one bad call against them would be reported by the press.

Offsides are always tough that is not the same as the way the cards are used by the officials on the pitch, and i think you know that. Ofcourse now an offside has gone our way it will be used 100x over in every thread about refs(even tho its not a refs call) to prove we are getting just as many lucky decisions as the rest.

My point is that even if we accept Walsh is the best ref, even if hes the most honest which i say without doubt he is, he still decided in that match to give them the benefit of the doubt and allow the player to be subbed. Thats twice now. If Goldson makes a 2nd tactical foul what happens ?

Are Celtic using the same rules where the ref helps the opposition to keep 11 on the pitch ? i would take a guess and say no cos theres too much chance of any referee getting the treatment from the media if that happens and many pundits will point to the gap between the 2 top sides and the rest and suggest goal difference could be crucial.

The last time i spoke to you on here were you and a few of others that defend refs not suggesting Kevin Clancy was cheating at Aberdeen ?
Me speaking about Celtic fans !! I might have said I detest their IRA songs a few times. I might have said I don’t have any need to talk to any as I have none that are friends or in my extended family. I think you are definitely mixing me up on that one .

On the refereeing front I have always commented on how ridiculous they were with the cheating claims. I nearly always comment when our own support start saying that match officials are cheating Rangers. Therefore I probably would have said something about Clancy.

I'd genuinely like him to have to justify his 2 mins injury time in the first half. It might seem like a negligible thing, but if we're being diddled out of just 2 mins per game, that's 76 mins over the course of the season. Think of the number of goals scored towards the end of games when teams are knackered, and translate that into points/goal difference. It could have a massive say in the title race.
The SJ physio’s were on the pitch for a full minute plus the water break never mind the time wasting & play acting.

Walsh shooed Alfredo Morelos from the pitch when subbed after his league cup Rugby Park hat-trick, threatening to send him off with a second booking. Walsh is a narcissist and there’s definitely a portrait hidden in his attic.

These threads and the majority of the comments are embarrassing and 100% Tim like patter.

These threads and the majority of the comments are embarrassing and 100% Tim like patter.
Imo, a lot of the excuses sound like the sort of stuff our rivals would come out with, some of it does not even make sense. Id also say that its odd that comments about bias are so offensive and upsetting yet none of you are going anywhere near the thread on Beaton which has far worse opinions on the refs than suggesting Walsh changed his mind and done Saints a favour.

Folk should maybe start watching Celtic games and spend less time on Celtic forums and then they might work out there is quite a difference when it comes to how both sides are reffed and the tactics these sides use when playing both big clubs. The fact people are still going on about a poor standard shows how naive and clueless they really are.

The keeper didn’t have the ball outside the box and the Colak one was never a penalty.

Given the second was offside we got the rub of the green on decisions today. EDIT: Yesterday, fucking hell

They mentioned on RTV it looked outside and we’ve seen soft pens been given for those challanges, outside the box is that a free kick? Probably…

The ball was played back for the second so cant be offside? I’d hardly say we got the rub of the green TBH.

They mentioned on RTV it looked outside and we’ve seen soft pens been given for those challanges, outside the box is that a free kick? Probably…

The ball was played back for the second so cant be offside? I’d hardly say we got the rub of the green TBH.
They also showed the replay on RTV clearly showing it wasn't outside the box. And regardless of whether we've "seen them given", it simply wasn't a penalty.

The direction the ball was played in is irrelevant for an offside decision. Colak was ahead of the ball and the second-last defender when it was played. Therefore he was offside.

Like I said, we got the rub of the green because when it came to the one big decision in the whole game, it fell in our favour.

They also showed the replay on RTV clearly showing it wasn't outside the box. And regardless of whether we've "seen them given", it simply wasn't a penalty.

The direction the ball was played in is irrelevant for an offside decision. Colak was ahead of the ball and the second-last defender when it was played. Therefore he was offside.

Like I said, we got the rub of the green because when it came to the one big decision in the whole game, it fell in our favour.

St. Johnstone also got the rub of the green then when the referee never sent off Montgomery for a blatant second yellow then?

Would you class that as another big decision?

When a celtic player didn't get booked for doing it last week it was a sign of cheating by the ref.

Were you at the game

Tillman had to hurdle the hoardings due to his momentum and ended up beside the crowd.

the Celtic player actively ran in to the crowd to celebrate

pretty weird comment in all honesty

trying to compare apples and pears

St. Johnstone also got the rub of the green then when the referee never sent off Montgomery for a blatant second yellow then?

Would you class that as another big decision?
No.

It's okay to admit we got the rub of the green sometimes. The law of averages dictates that we will in approximately 50% of games.

It didn’t influence the result, but how do they get 2 minutes of injury time at the end of the first half? There was a St J player down for 90 seconds, he then got substituted (30 seconds?), a 2 minutes water break, another St J player down, Scott Wright down and a bit of time wasting. There should easily have been 5+ minute of injury time. Sure it was hot and the players might have been happy to go in at HT. But it shouldn’t be for the officials to decide just to shorten a game. Instead they should be adding the time and applying the rules.
You I still prefer men said that if you were choking for a halftime pish

Were you at the game

Tillman had to hurdle the hoardings due to his momentum and ended up beside the crowd.

the Celtic player actively ran in to the crowd to celebrate

pretty weird comment in all honesty

trying to compare apples and pears
I would have thought that nasty bias ref would have jumped at the chance to book him though.

Keeper running about outside the box with the ball in his hand
The push on matondo in the box followed by a pass back

Bizarre refereeing
The fans should be screaming every single home game when keepers are wasting time over goalkicks/ball in their hand

Fans, on the whole, aren’t getting on the refs back so it’s easier for them to turn a blind eye

Guy pulls back Tillman when on the break. Free kick only. Goldson does the same, yellow straight out. Why the disparity???
This difference is frequently seen between how Rangers are refereed and their opponents - much more leeway is afforded to them. These instances are not big game-changing decisions in themselves but will have an effect on how a player now on a card plays for the remainder of the game in fear of getting a second. At the same time over the season yellow cards mount up and suspensions kick in.

I can’t remember the Tillman one, but if he doesn’t stop and we have a promising break the rule is not to go back and book the player.

When Goldson done it they went to ground so no promising attack.

I can’t remember the Tillman one, but if he doesn’t stop and we have a promising break the rule is not to go back and book the player.

When Goldson done it they went to ground so no promising attack.
He literally stopped Tillman with a bear hug. Counter attack over. Blows the whistle, free kick. No card.

Goldson stopped the play similarly (no bear hug right enough) yellow card.

I’m not a grade 1 ref, but that to me is a clear dereliction of duty in applying the rules.

Not merely a very poor referee but a base cheat.
Could be wrong but I am pretty sure he was ref at one of my son's games quite a few years ago. We were told he was on a fast track scheme and he was the worst ref my son ever played under.

Imo, a lot of the excuses sound like the sort of stuff our rivals would come out with, some of it does not even make sense. Id also say that its odd that comments about bias are so offensive and upsetting yet none of you are going anywhere near the thread on Beaton which has far worse opinions on the refs than suggesting Walsh changed his mind and done Saints a favour.

Folk should maybe start watching Celtic games and spend less time on Celtic forums and then they might work out there is quite a difference when it comes to how both sides are reffed and the tactics these sides use when playing both big clubs. The fact people are still going on about a poor standard shows how naive and clueless they really are.

If they are biased and cheats then why do we continue to win trophies? We lost the league last season due to dropping too many cheap points against the likes of Aberdeen and Motherwell. We won the previous league title going the whole season unbeaten ffs. Won the Scottish Cup, beating them in the semi final when Bassey was borderline offside in the build up.

‘They’re no even good cheats’

If they are biased and cheats then why do we continue to win trophies? We lost the league last season due to dropping too many cheap points against the likes of Aberdeen and Motherwell. We won the previous league title going the whole season unbeaten ffs. Won the Scottish Cup, beating them in the semi final when Bassey was borderline offside in the build up.

‘They’re no even good cheats’
Its an odd way to look at things, we win cant be any cheating, lose and you cant start looking for excuses. It sounds like something from facebook or whatever it is people use these days.

I could say if the media are biased against the club why do they report on positive stories sometimes and why do the Celtic fans despise them..

This is another point you lot never go anywhere near.

I dont see any option for the Rangers manager and the board now its a subject they have to at least attempt to deal with and change the attitude of refs towards the club. VAR might help the odd time it wont end bias though.

You guys spend a lot of time talking about our rivals so you will have seen the game yesterday at Killie. The ref, and the 4th official were on top of everything from the first few seconds all the way through..... very alert and ready to hand out as many cards as possible to the home side that were scared to tackle. It was similar to the ladies euros finals with no physical play.

No problems with the refs eyesite, no shit standard, not stuck in the 80s, 2 guys that were motivated to protect the tims and make sure there wasnt even a foul for them to moan about.

One of them was John Beaton, the same Beaton that has a very long history of ignoring this sort of stuff when its Rangers and on the odd occasion going out his way to cause Rangers problems. Its all on the other thread you guys are not confident enough to post on.

I genuinely don’t read newspapers or click on their sites so nothing they say bothers me in the slightest and no I never watched their game yesterday but I’m pretty sure the referee wouldn’t have had an influence on the result. Kilmarnock are disgracefully bad, just like the rest of them.

I don’t know what the other thread you keep mentioning is that I’m apparently scared to comment on is either lol.

I genuinely don’t read newspapers or click on their sites so nothing they say bothers me in the slightest and no I never watched their game yesterday but I’m pretty sure the referee wouldn’t have had an influence on the result. Kilmarnock are disgracefully bad, just like the rest of them.

I don’t know what the other thread you keep mentioning is that I’m apparently scared to comment on is either lol.
As you shoved genuinely in there ive no option to believe you no chance you would be playing dumb.

and you know fine well which thread im talking about its the one that you lot were raging about yesterday.

Im going to leave it there mate but il be interested to read your comments if/ when Rangers decide to speak about the issue. I dont see how the club can continue to ignore bias in refereeing when its so blatant and both the big clubs are so far ahead of the rest.

As you shoved genuinely in there ive no option to believe you no chance you would be playing dumb.

and you know fine well which thread im talking about its the one that you lot were raging about yesterday.

Im going to leave it there mate but il be interested to read your comments if/ when Rangers decide to speak about the issue. I dont see how the club can continue to ignore bias in refereeing when its so blatant and both the big clubs are so far ahead of the rest.

Sorry but I don’t know fine well what thread you’re on about I don’t spend every minute of my time on this forum. Is the standard of refereeing terrible? Yes it absolutely is but do I think there is a widespread agenda to prevent us from winning and to help them? No I GENUINELY don’t.

If anyone bothered to watch the highlights or matches of other SPL games then you would clearly see the refs are just absolutely out of their depth.

There's a guy i used to go to school with who is now one of the newer refs to the SPL and if he is anything to go by the standard ain't going to get better any time soon.

Back