Nicola Sturgeon deals SPFL blow over early fan return date

sammy1872

Old firm will be game 11 of the season in mid October . They will have test events at all grounds before then with limited capacity .

first full game back will be the old firm or the week before with full crowds after a ‘successful ‘ test period

nothing is more surer. They will dictate Scottish football again and our club will sit and say or do nothing

LLLG

Old firm will be game 11 of the season in mid October . They will have test events at all grounds before then with limited capacity .

first full game back will be the old firm or the week before with full crowds after a ‘successful ‘ test period

nothing is more surer. They will dictate Scottish football again and our club will sit and say or do nothing
There is no chance there will be full crowds by October not a hope in hell for us or them. They are telling us to brace for the second wave - they ai t going to allow it I just can’t see it

MarkD87

They've been doing testing at Celtic for several years now. Have they not?

I'm sure they have plenty examples of distant seating plans.

The_Irrepressibles

The desperation of Lawwell to get bums on seats is palpable.

It's clear that they are losing much more money than anyone else due to their wage bill. Even though they apparently agreed a temporary pay cut as well as a deferral from their players. Look it up. Something I don't believe we did (deferals only unless I'm mistaken). Not much was made about that in the media at the time that I seen anyway, quelle suprise. Sutton was too busy deflecting (days before the official conformation; puppet clearly got his memo) as usual, claiming we'd need to be furloghing this and deferring that because we're so skint. Well actions speak louder than words mutton old son.

Stupots

"A single fixture will be used to test fans attending a game. 60 thousands fans will be allowed to attend parkhead for the first old firm game. If successful it will be rolled out for the 3rd round of fixtures".

DeBear

either all grounds are open or none are.
yep this is the key thing - not people getting sidetracked about old firm games and jokes about glamour friendlies .

They are already talking to the government about being allowed to partially re-open their stadium in advance of other teams - not only is this a sporting advantage but an opportunity for their fans (who have bought season tickets) that ours and other teams fans won't have.

Rangers need to get on the front foot on this to say its all teams or none .

sammy1872

There is no chance there will be full crowds by October not a hope in hell for us or them. They are telling us to brace for the second wave - they ai t going to allow it I just can’t see it
‘If’ there’s a second wave on that level then there won’t.be any sport and the world will be like it was in April and they likely won’t lift it until a treatment or vaccine exists.

nybear

Why not given we have the safest stadium with many different stairwells stands and concourses ?

Whereas the 2 they are working with are a mishmash where you can walk within the stadium end to end
we can get all supporters into the ground at the same time, we dont have a tunnel area that aint safe to get through normally let alone with covid, they also dont have a dope testing area hence why they are not classed as elite

Gazb1962

This is why they demanded the league be awarded and why they want crowds in despite the obvious dangers.

They “ need “ the champions league cash because they are not as cash rich as we keep hearing.

Failure to qualify will see Edouard being sold to fill the cash void.

They have running costs beyond their income and it can’t be sustained.

We have to strongly speak out about the dangers of allowing crowds in too soon to f**k them over.

Barrymoped

So the Scottish government are saying October in pencil for crowds coming back. It just so happens that reports are the first game against that lot at the piggery is being touted in October, despite the first one usually being September at the latest. All a coincidence I’m sure...........

vinnie

So what’s the plan if the test events are failures?

Test, doesn’t mean “initial event before any others”. Unless of course that’s what they are, which makes it farcical.

Big D

So Celtic hope to get supporters in for the first game of the season? And every game thereafter I assume? Meanwhile, the rest of us may or may not get supporters back some time in October? If the whole thing wasn't so corrupt, it would be laughable. The nationalists and republicans really do have everything nicely sewn (stitched) up.