Nicola Sturgeon deals SPFL blow over early fan return date

Who remembers when this forum want full of moaning faced pricks? Signing off for a bit
giphy.webp

They've been doing testing at Celtic for several years now. Have they not?

I'm sure they have plenty examples of distant seating plans.

The desperation of Lawwell to get bums on seats is palpable.

It's clear that they are losing much more money than anyone else due to their wage bill. Even though they apparently agreed a temporary pay cut as well as a deferral from their players. Look it up. Something I don't believe we did (deferals only unless I'm mistaken). Not much was made about that in the media at the time that I seen anyway, quelle suprise. Sutton was too busy deflecting (days before the official conformation; puppet clearly got his memo) as usual, claiming we'd need to be furloghing this and deferring that because we're so skint. Well actions speak louder than words mutton old son.

"A single fixture will be used to test fans attending a game. 60 thousands fans will be allowed to attend parkhead for the first old firm game. If successful it will be rolled out for the 3rd round of fixtures".

either all grounds are open or none are.
yep this is the key thing - not people getting sidetracked about old firm games and jokes about glamour friendlies .

They are already talking to the government about being allowed to partially re-open their stadium in advance of other teams - not only is this a sporting advantage but an opportunity for their fans (who have bought season tickets) that ours and other teams fans won't have.

Rangers need to get on the front foot on this to say its all teams or none .

There is no chance there will be full crowds by October not a hope in hell for us or them. They are telling us to brace for the second wave - they ai t going to allow it I just can’t see it

‘If’ there’s a second wave on that level then there won’t.be any sport and the world will be like it was in April and they likely won’t lift it until a treatment or vaccine exists.

Why not given we have the safest stadium with many different stairwells stands and concourses ?

Whereas the 2 they are working with are a mishmash where you can walk within the stadium end to end
we can get all supporters into the ground at the same time, we dont have a tunnel area that aint safe to get through normally let alone with covid, they also dont have a dope testing area hence why they are not classed as elite

This is why they demanded the league be awarded and why they want crowds in despite the obvious dangers.

They “ need “ the champions league cash because they are not as cash rich as we keep hearing.

Failure to qualify will see Edouard being sold to fill the cash void.

They have running costs beyond their income and it can’t be sustained.

We have to strongly speak out about the dangers of allowing crowds in too soon to f**k them over.

So the Scottish government are saying October in pencil for crowds coming back. It just so happens that reports are the first game against that lot at the piggery is being touted in October, despite the first one usually being September at the latest. All a coincidence I’m sure...........

So what’s the plan if the test events are failures?

Test, doesn’t mean “initial event before any others”. Unless of course that’s what they are, which makes it farcical.

So Celtic hope to get supporters in for the first game of the season? And every game thereafter I assume? Meanwhile, the rest of us may or may not get supporters back some time in October? If the whole thing wasn't so corrupt, it would be laughable. The nationalists and republicans really do have everything nicely sewn (stitched) up.

Who remembers when this forum want full of moaning faced pricks? Signing off for a bit
Doesn’t take much for this place to be up in arms. Hasn’t mentioned what the test event will be or any details about it, hasn’t even said that there definitely will be an event. From her comments it’s all very much a preliminary discussion they’ve had with nothing concrete agreed. Any excuse for a moan

The puppets promotion to Uefa could be construed as a cover up given the cabals haste to ratify a conclusion to the season that wasn't even put out to member clubs.

A route worth pursuing as his appointment is either a route out or complicity at the top end or both.

We all know what the truth is !

Apologies wrong thread delete as is TY

Wish people would stop talk about second waves we may already be on it and after this lock down another ain’t happening in the same manner now to the match attendance all clubs or none

Why’s everyone suddenly outraged at Celtic getting to stage events with fans?

Its been in the public domain for weeks now and commented on in here a few times.

The mentally challengeds want fans in their ground for flag day and beyond. Any advantage they can get they will take.

Any test game at the piggery should be done during a friendly. I expect Rangers to speak to the spfl / sfa on this
Waste of time talking to SFA / SPFL. If Celtic want, they get, that’s the way it works.

We had our chance to change the “status quo” but didn’t take it.

Testing using Celtic fans? Worst case scenario I'm guessing. The dirtiest and most unhygienic fuckers, their lisps will cause spit to fly when they talk and they like a wee cuddle up with family members. If this doesn't spread COVID then nothing will. Plus it means that any outbreak won't impact on the country's workforce.

It's inspired thinking.

As long as CFC foot the bill for all testing and all follow up testing then let them do it.
Let them finance it and let their officials, management, players and fans take all the risk.

Just a thought, are that lot up the stookie financially?

The Evidence:
Desperate to point out clubs need the prize money and the league to be called “now”
Desperate for test events to be allowed, reasoning being that Stadiums are going to have be put through certification as stadiums have not been stressed in close to 6 months, maybe more?
Their season tickets have been selling poorly.
Their playing payroll being massive.

Im thinking they may be sailing towards their own Valentines Day 2012. I bloody hope so!!! Only one option for them.

Surely a test event should be financially neutral with profits going to a worthwhile charity not associated with either club involved ?

After all, financial integrity should prevail to ensure the league is fair.

Celtic are desperate for income. That much is very clear. Poor season ticket sales and willing to use their own fans as a test case just to get some income. Class.

Back