Nigel Farage duped by Rangers fan into recording Celtic ‘Terry Munro’ funeral notice

BlueMeanie

NIGEL Farage has become the latest high-profile celebrity to be duped into reading out a funeral notice for 'Terry Munro'.
The Reform UK politician - synonymous with the Brexit movement - recorded a personalised video message via celeb messaging app Cameo.

Gers supporters have been mocking Celtic's 10-in-a-row collapse after clinching their first title in a decade.
And one punter decided to fork out £30 for Farage to read out a fake death notice as he mentioned Hoops captain Scott Brown and ex-boss Neil Lennon.
Facing the camera, Farage read: "This is to send the friends and family of Terry Munro my very deepest condolences.
"Eight and a half years is absolutely no age for him to have been taken from you. It is absolutely truly awful.
Nigel Farage records his personal video message
"Lenny and Broony, the funeral is going to be on the 16th of May on Edmiston Drive. Condolences."
Only last month ex-Eastenders star Jake Wood was also duped into announcing funeral arrangements for 'Terry Munro' by a cheeky Rangers fan.

The actor - who played Max Branning on the BBC soap from 2006 to 2021 - recorded a personalised video message via celeb messaging app Cameo.
There was also a joke along these line masquerading as a death notice in the bereavements section of The Inverness Courier newspaper's website.

The false notice said Munro died in Dundee after a "year long illness", a cheeky nod to Celtic's recent draw with Dundee United and the Parkhead club's poor form throughout this season.

It added that Munro was a "close friend of Neil Francis", in reference to the club's former manager Neil Lennon.
The notice read: "MUNRO - Terry, after a year long illness, in Dundee, on Sunday 7th March, 2021. Close friend of Neil Francis. Funeral details to follow. The banter has passed on."

£30? Is that all?! FFS I assumed these guys were getting ten times that. Isn't he a millionaire? Imagine reading out any old shite about people and things you know zero about just to get a measly (to them) sum like that. Whores indeed.
Funny though, keep them coming.

This part cracked me up,love the absolute seething pain and despair they are in totally loving their pain and agony.

Eight and a half years is absolutely no age for him to have been taken from you. It is absolutely truly awful

For those getting a wee bit dramatic about these clips, just think what things would have been like if they achieved/ were awarded the league this year. Those c@nts would have roasted the life out of us.
So GIRFUThem.
While I have to agree that duping him that a young boy has passed your main point is spot on. Life for us would have been hellish from now on if they had won this year, we would literally never hear the end of it. So thank God we done it. do you know what they would have done if we failed this year and won say the next three. They would have laughed at us while chanting 10iar 10iar for the rest of our days.

Bit sick implying an 8 year old has died imo
BeautifulJampackedIberianmole-small.gif

It’s the circle of life, wake up and read a thread about something on FF then come back at lunchtime to see thread about gutter rag reporting said story lifted from FF.

How easy is it to be a journalist though nowadays? Basically sit on your phone on twitter or sites like this. Do pish wee report on whats happening. Piece of absolute pish.

Misleading headline, a couple of Twitter posts and a picture of someone doing “compo face” and you’re golden.

Maybe I'm old and grumpy, but I find all this celeb announcement nonsense completely unfunny.

Loving that we are on the front foot with this stuff. All contributes nicely to their rage and humiliation.

Beyond the funnyness of all this, why on earth would Farage think someone would pay him, of all the people in the world to make a wee video about how sorry he felt about an 8 and a half year old boys death. Furthermore why would he do it, apart from the £30 he must be so desperate for.
Is this the 21st century version of paying a drunk tramp 20p to do dance in the street?

Ooh the banter. If I wisnae old I would post a pic of the 2 from chewin the fat. Took me years to realise I could post here too if i wanted.
Did you think it was all just special cases who posted on FF? You would’ve been right and now you’re a special case too.

NIGEL Farage has become the latest high-profile celebrity to be duped into reading out a funeral notice for 'Terry Munro'.
The Reform UK politician - synonymous with the Brexit movement - recorded a personalised video message via celeb messaging app Cameo.

Gers supporters have been mocking Celtic's 10-in-a-row collapse after clinching their first title in a decade.
And one punter decided to fork out £30 for Farage to read out a fake death notice as he mentioned Hoops captain Scott Brown and ex-boss Neil Lennon.
Facing the camera, Farage read: "This is to send the friends and family of Terry Munro my very deepest condolences.
"Eight and a half years is absolutely no age for him to have been taken from you. It is absolutely truly awful.
"Lenny and Broony, the funeral is going to be on the 16th of May on Edmiston Drive. Condolences."
Only last month ex-Eastenders star Jake Wood was also duped into announcing funeral arrangements for 'Terry Munro' by a cheeky Rangers fan.

The actor - who played Max Branning on the BBC soap from 2006 to 2021 - recorded a personalised video message via celeb messaging app Cameo.
There was also a joke along these line masquerading as a death notice in the bereavements section of The Inverness Courier newspaper's website.

The false notice said Munro died in Dundee after a "year long illness", a cheeky nod to Celtic's recent draw with Dundee United and the Parkhead club's poor form throughout this season.

It added that Munro was a "close friend of Neil Francis", in reference to the club's former manager Neil Lennon.
The notice read: "MUNRO - Terry, after a year long illness, in Dundee, on Sunday 7th March, 2021. Close friend of Neil Francis. Funeral details to follow. The banter has passed on."

Superb, the banter years are now ours :)

Back