Nike strike premier league football.

deacon2112

We’ve all no doubt played with a lot of balls In our time,but this Nike I purchased last week for deacjr is way and above anything I’ve played with.
Great flight and the speed across the grass is incredible,very impressed.

Mitre tactics were the worst. Try to dribble with the ball and it was stuck to your foot and you end up tripping over the fookin thing!!

Windblower! I used to love the feeling of sheer pain when I kicked a ball growing up. Too light nowadays

Playing 11’s with the BB using a mould master on a red gravel pitch on a pishing Sunday morning in January was how real men were made!
Remember those days guaranteed some poor kid was greeting after taking 1 square in the puss. When that fcuker hit year ear it was gowping and red raw for days.

I don't know how many years ago now maybe 55 years ago it was but I had one of those mould master fuckers and I skelped a shot into the goal my pal was in goal it was Christmas so was cold.
We were on the red gravel hockey pitch at Springburn park my pal who had a brand new Scotland strip (the shorts were a bit nylony material) on spun around to avoid it and it whacked him right on the arse. Those shorts never lost the imprint of the wee pimple dots off that mould master.
Anyway he started jumping around shouting Aya Aya, and we had to go home as the numbness started to heat up and he was howling.
I have tears of laughter just visualising him jumping around and the mark that mouldmaster left,the poor bugger is no longer with us but the mouldy sure left a bit of an impression.

Last edited:
Fevernova was too light, was dead unpredictable.
I always thought it had a nice, soft, almost l
padded feel to it. Don’t remember it being too unpredictable myself, but maybe my mind is playing tricks. The 2006 WC ball was the one I remember as being too unpredictable... definitely the first I remember hearing people complain about (maybe I was too young to remember complaints about the Fevernova).

Playing 11’s with the BB using a mould master on a red gravel pitch on a pishing Sunday morning in January was how real men were made!
Surely you mean a Saturday morning as we were all at church on the sunday.:)) Cowlairs pitches on wet and windy Saturday morning .Ye couldny beat it . Well ye could actually;)

Has anyone mentioned anyone asking if anyone has mentioned red ash, cold mornings, face/thighs and imprints yet?

Love playing with my balls, cheers OP
YvUtc56.gif

I always thought it had a nice, soft, almost l
padded feel to it. Don’t remember it being too unpredictable myself, but maybe my mind is playing tricks. The 2006 WC ball was the one I remember as being too unpredictable... definitely the first I remember hearing people complain about (maybe I was too young to remember complaints about the Fevernova).
Agree with the Fevernova, definitely had a softer feel about it to me. The Jabulani for South Africa in 2010 was the one I remember as being too unpredictable. That thing had the flight of a paper aeroplane.

The leather came off it and it turned into a medicine ball when it got wet, then a week later it looked like a dinosaur egg.

Who needs a razor blade when the stitching frayed and leather started to curl and dry into these sharp pointy edges that could slash your face if you mistimed a header....no wonder my generation was brilliant with the heed:D

Brings tears to my eyes just thinking of playing school football in 70's with that beast.

Nothing beats a frozen winter morning on a Red Ash pitch, puddles with ice broken up and rattled full force on the dial with a Mouldmaster.

Can't beat it.

Back