Nikica Jelavić retires ages 35

Not half.

There was a video of all his goals with us, I am sure there was no more than 3 or 4 where he took more than 1 touch.

Absolutely incredible.
Between Rangers and Everton something ridiculous like 44 of his first 49 were one touch finishes.

Bas Dost also has a mental stat in that regard, 64 or 68 was on the first touch.

Last edited:
I think he was a better player for us than he was at Everton,shame he didn't stay down south, It would've been a good watch. Maybe Rangers were a far better team than Everton and never did have enough match winners in the team.

Didn't realise he was still playing. A case of what could have been for us. Perfect player for the perfect club, just not the perfect time. Could have been a legend, or made usca fortune.

Would love to hear alot more from him now he has tired. Maybe 5 star guys can bring him on board

Was incredible in the run in 2011, felt he was going to score every game.

Bit of a weird career. After us, was exceptional for that half a season in the EPL at Everton which wasn't surprising then sort of petered out.

Obviously went to China for the money but could have played in a top league in mainland Europe in the last 5 years.

What a player, loved on here, yet I remember McCoist saying he downed tools after Walter left. Looking at his stats, his 2nd season (under Ally) was as good as his 1st season, but maybe he chucked it in January when the window opened.

Was incredible in the run in 2011, felt he was going to score every game.

Bit of a weird career. After us, was exceptional for that half a season in the EPL at Everton which wasn't surprising then sort of petered out.

Obviously went to China for the money but could have played in a top league in mainland Europe in the last 5 years.
Him, Naismith and Lafferty were an incredible attacking trio after Miller had left in the January.

However, I’m not sure how many people would have told you Naismith would be the one with the better career in English football.

Some of the best all round striker play I've seen from any Rangers player.

Looking at his career though he didn't go as far as I thought he would when I watched him play for us. Genuinely thought he was destined for the top, and while you couldn't possibly say he had a bad career, he didn't crack the level I thought he might and was off to China fairly young for someone of his standard (which I'm sure did his bank balance no harm at all).

His cup final winner off the post against the poets is one of my favourite ever goals. The Gers support willing the ball back over the line. Utter relief/joy.

Expand for those of us who weren’t on the board :))
Not long after he signed someone posted a massive image that they'd spent hours on, with adapted lyrics to Coldplay's Yellow complete with shoddy graphics and fonts. They were very proud of it and genuinely came to suggest it as a real song!

You came along
We wrote a song for you
and everything you do
COS YOU WERE CALLED JELA

Hopefully someone saved the image with the lyric sheet

Not long after he signed someone posted a massive image that they'd spent hours on, with adapted lyrics to Coldplay's Yellow complete with shoddy graphics and fonts. They were very proud of it and genuinely came to suggest it as a real song!

You came along
We wrote a song for you
and everything you do
COS YOU WERE CALLED JELA

Hopefully someone saved the image with the lyric sheet
This sounds brilliant hahaha, hopefully someone can source the image!

Love that goal; Weiss' quick thinking, the ball taking what felt like forever to get over the line, Diouf's wee dance, cup winner against them, wearing my favourite top of ours. Has it all!
The pass is absolutely marvellous, from a dead ball too which makes it better because Weiss has to think about it rather than being instinctive.

Just noticed below that twitter post it mentions that Niko Kranjcar's dad died.

Back