Niko Katic Injured In Training - Likely To Be Out For ‘Foreseeable Future’

Gutted for him. He had got himself in great shape. Just wonder if his summer regime has contributed to his injury. Perhaps overdone the weight training.

Gutted. This was a big season for the lad and he seemed up for it. Hope he recovers well. Think we will go for loan cover but could be a chance for Bassey or Mayo.

Really gutted for the big man. Almost more frustrating when these injuries occur in training rather than in a proper game.

Desperately disappointing. Katic had the potential to develop into a very good player. Gerrard was very complimentary soon after he arrived. Let's hope he can still fulfill that potential.

The big fella had put in the work during lockdown going by his social media posts. This will be a blow to him and us. Think next season would have been his breakthrough to being first choice.

Tragic for the boy hope he gets sorted soon.

Might stop Gerrard rotating centre backs every other game

Bassey is untried and untested.. this is a massive season for us. Katic is a Croatian internationalist.. edmunston is nowere near the player katic is even though katic is still raw...

Edmundson is not ready yet, no where near Katic standard.
Bassey is a left back who has not played a first team game for Leicester.
Mayo is untested young boy.
Injuries and suspensions will kick in during season.
Would we feel comfortable with any of the three playing in Europe or tough SPL game, I certainly won’t be.

Edmundson is not ready yet, no where near Katic standard.
Bassey is a left back who has not played a first team game for Leicester.
Mayo is untested young boy.
Injuries and suspensions will kick in during season.
Would we feel comfortable with any of the three playing in Europe or tough SPL game, I certainly won’t be.
No problem with Edmundson. He's looked as good as our other 3 centre halves any time he's been called upon and arguably made less mistakes.

Still think we need 1 more in now though as cover.

It sound like they are expecting the worst but are still waiting on confirmation from the scans. Let’s just hope it is not as bad as expected

I don’t know any player who’s had a cruciate and came back as good as he was before it . We’ve had Kuznetzov , Durrant , Mols, Rozenthal , Prodan , Murphy and now Katic . I’m sure there are more . Ask any of them now if they felt curtailed by it badly and they will all admit it . Katic career now won’t be what it could have been and that is soul destroying in itself . We are so unlucky you could not make it up .

Naismith recovered from two. Going on to play in the English Premiership after the second. So I would say he’s one that definitely recovered fully. Appreciate he might be an exception.

Naismith recovered from two. Going on to play in the English Premiership after the second. So I would say he’s one that definitely recovered fully. Appreciate he might be an exception.

Thats a good point however I suppose it still curtailed his career somewhat . I’d actually forgotten to add him to the list . Not that I pay much attention to them but have the yahoo had anywhere near the amount of cruciate injuries that we have had over the last 25 years or so ? Has any team ? We seem to be cursed with it

Disaster and the season hasn't even started yet. How the heck do you get an injury as serious as that in training?.

Anything from the club officially? Hoping this is still inaccurate, or at the very least, not as bad as it seems...

Anymore than 3 months and we need a permanent signing in. Not a kid, or a loan.

Not sure i trust Helander fitness wise, not sure George is ready...Not sure about Connor but thats another thread...

Horrible news.

Hoping that big George and Mayo can step up.

Do feel that Helander & Goldson are the most solid pairing that we have.

Disaster and the season hasn't even started yet. How the heck do you get an injury as serious as that in training?.

Quite easily unfortunately.

A huge amount of cruciate are done without any contact.

Stinking timing.

Big Katic is still unpolished around the edges but I like the big man.

All the best for the recovery. We need another CB now.

The Tims played the boy Welsh a few games last season when they had injuries, Lewis Mayo is rated far higher than him so we absolutely should be trusting this boy as our fourth centre back at the very least for the first half of the season.

What about D Lovren on a season long loan out of favour at Liverpool, Croatian international not sure but probably played for Croatia with BB

I don’t know any player who’s had a cruciate and came back as good as he was before it . We’ve had Kuznetzov , Durrant , Mols, Rozenthal , Prodan , Murphy and now Katic . I’m sure there are more . Ask any of them now if they felt curtailed by it badly and they will all admit it . Katic career now won’t be what it could have been and that is soul destroying in itself . We are so unlucky you could not make it up .
It’s happened so often you really need to wonder if it is just bad luck. I can’t offer a logical explanation but the odds of so many happening at one club must be remote.

Has this been confirmed as a cruciate ligament injury or is it still speculation? Don’t have time to trawl through 14 pages! I’ll be absolutely gutted if true, hes such a good player and a heart of a lion. If anyone can come back from that sort of injury it would be him!.

According to the Heart and Hand daily update today, the club are hopeful he'll not be out as long as some of the speculation.

Do not want to make a big thing of it on a separate thread, but Jack is now injured too. Unsure how bad it may be.

We shouldn’t worry about this..... the first couple of pages had posters telling us that it was just mentally challenged shïte.

Niko will be smashing the fitness bleep test tomorrow :rolleyes:

Back