Nikola Katić – Best CB At Ibrox

you’re joking surely? If we didn’t concede two absolute shambolic goals then there no
Need for a 2nd nevermind 3rd goal. The blame lies squarely at the feet of the defence.

nope, morelos form is in the shitter. Gerrard should have benched him today especially given the braga game coming up.

remember we were discussing eduard vs morelos as who’s better two months ago? Any question on that now? The reasons behind morelos dip are debatable and his treatment by the press has been shocking but he’s not good enough to start games for us right now.

Ten points dropped to absolute dross in five weeks with this 4-3-3 and Alfie up top.

Bumps like this should come with a ban.

This place would be a must better place if admin introduced bans for starting ridiculous threads like this. OK everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how insane it may be but threads get chopped for less.

Sky have just had a rerun of Katic incidents, Boyd is right I can’t remember the last time I have seen such a shocking performance from a centre half, Rob Kieran didn’t even put in a shift like that.

nope, morelos form is in the shitter. Gerrard should have benched him today especially given the braga game coming up.

remember we were discussing eduard vs morelos as who’s better two months ago? Any question on that now? The reasons behind morelos dip are debatable and his treatment by the press has been shocking but he’s not good enough to start games for us right now.

Ten points dropped to absolute dross in five weeks with this 4-3-3 and Alfie up top.

wasn’t what you said though was it? You said it was his fault we didn’t win today

Absolute garbage

Nope but it was his fault along with Goldson at Kilmarnock and he has contributed the sum of hee haw since he came back my opinion of course and let's face it the corner for their second was Goldson fault pure and simple leaving other people to clear up for him.

What about Tav's cross and assist for Kamberi's goal?

That not count coz it's Tav?

That second goal gets worse every time you look at it.

It's not just a mistake, it's totally inexplicable that a professional footballer can't deal with that

He could easily have cleared the danger by putting it out for a throw or corner and he flicks it into the danger area.

Our whole back line looks devoid of any confidence when we are defending, katic today and since the break has been awful, goldson has not been much better, edmondson came and defensively again ain't great,,,to win a league you have to be strong at the back

Yes it was a very bad performance from Katic but Goldson also did himself no favours today.

Our defence has been abysmal since the turn of the winter break.

The sooner Helander is fit the better by far the most composed defender we have and his awareness and anticipation of danger is way ahead of our other centre backs.

That is simply not true, half his defending was trying to clear up Katic’s mistakes. It’s hard enough playing on a pitch like that with the sun in you’re eyes having to try and second guess the guy beside you never mind the opposition.

Katic caused us more problems today than the entire St Johnstone team

wasn’t what you said though was it? You said it was his fault we didn’t win today

Absolute garbage

katic did not do his job.

morelos did not do his job.

but yes, on the face of it, it would still have been 2-0 without the katic errors. Katic should have been off at ht, i said as much on the match thread. But so should morelos.

Had a woeful 90 min ,also had a man of match performance and goal against the beggars at the piggery which is now forgotten by some.

Why wouldn't it be forgotten, we are out of the title race, it's now meaningless.

Good players aren't praised for individual games, they do it week after week.

Made an arse of the quote.

That is simply not true, half his defending was trying to clear up Katic’s mistakes. It’s hard enough playing on a pitch like that with the sun in you’re eyes having to try and second guess the guy beside you never mind the opposition.

Katic caused us more problems today than the entire St Johnstone team
Agreed goldson gets made to look far worse than he actually is covering for katic and tav

katic did not do his job.

morelos did not do his job.

but yes, on the face of it, it would still have been 2-0 without the katic errors. Katic should have been off at ht, i said as much on the match thread. But so should morelos.
Funnily enough when Morelos got taken off we became shite again because Gerrard changes the successful 4-4-2 system back to the white 4-3-3 that has seen us struggle for weeks on end now. Morelos and Kamberi we’re linking up really well until that point.

No different to the captain then

Tavernier brings a lot...LOT more to the team than Katic does.

There's this modern trait, often alluded to on Heart & Hand, of people who are in the wrong 'doubling down' rather than concede they were wrong. I think we're seeing that with Katic now. Although in fairness the best defence of him I've seen so far is "Aye but Goldson and Helander look dodgy too".

Had a woeful 90 min ,also had a man of match performance and goal against the beggars at the piggery which is now forgotten by some.

As a team we have been garbage since the winter fall.
No point blaming Tom, Dick and Harry.
Collectively... we have been a shadow of the first part of the season.
This what should be addressed. Not individual errors, which were not there in the first part of the season.

What happened over in Dubai?
And what is Shuggie Burns alluding to when he says he heard that there was unrest over in Dubai?
Quite, quite puzzling.

Absolute garbage

While i don't blame morelos directly but if he scores that chance they're not coming back from it.

That would only mask over the diabolical performance of the defence, katic in particular, but we would at least have had the 3 points.

Let's not forget there are two central defenders here.

Ok so Katic..apparently can't now play with Goldson without mistakes.
Edmundson apparently can't play with Goldson without mistakes.
Helander was shaky with Goldson with mistakes.
Worral couldn't play with Goldson without mistakes.

Anyone see a common factor here?

What a mental post. So Katic can’t make simple clearances and it’s his teammates’ fault?

Mental post?
It's an opinion mate.
Both were shite today, but only one always get's the blame.

The one I really feel sorry for is... McGregor.

That was then, this is now, he's playing for Rangers & as such a performance like that today is unacceptable.

Hopefully he looks at that sh.it show a miĺion times & learns from it & comes back a better defender, if not he has to leave

Back