Nikola Katić – Best CB At Ibrox

The way the opinions swing on here after a good 90 mins or a goal is absolutely fucking mental.

We’ve got four very capable central defenders, but Goldson was the best two weeks ago, last week Edmundson was better than Katic and now this.

Folk need to calm it.

This doesn't make sense, what you're saying. Numerically I mean, and logically. Of course the chunk of supporters who think katic us the best CB are more likely to start a thread or reply to one after a good performance that backs up their view ffs.

It's not one guy changing his mind bro, it's different people starting the threads, so noone needs to calm down.

They all have pros and cons.

Helander reads the game, brilliantly.

Goldson is the leader.

Katic is the warrior.

There is little to choose between all three, tbh.
I’d suggest some players are better suited to certain opposition mate due to their different qualities,which isn’t necessarily a bad thing in my eyes

All of our central defenders have made mistakes. The one thing you can say about Katic is he is a major threat in the opposition box.

For me I would stick with Katic and Helander as I think over the course, Goldson is not as good as Katic.

All of our central defenders have made mistakes. The one thing you can say about Katic is he is a major threat in the opposition box.

For me I would stick with Katic and Helander as I think over the course, Goldson is not as good as Katic.
Katic is great attacking set pieces, but so are our other two defenders.

Our prowess at set pieces is mostly down to Tom Culshaw rather than any individual players.

I think Boyd nailed it today when he said he reckoned that when he gets an opportunity in the first team, he just tries too hard to make an impression.
When he gets a decent run in the team you see a completely different player.
I'm sure Katic will be one of our CH's for years to come.
Katic might even be a great call for a future captain.
He simply steps up when we need a man to step up.

Katic had a shocker today outside his goal. Was far too rash and his decision making was terrible

But he got the goal, so you can’t complain too much.

Bit harsh, i thought he came onto a good game 2nd half but i get your point, he has a lot to learn.

And he’s only going to improve. Still so young. We also have Edmundson, who I have high hopes for. The future of our defence is looking good. I love the way that Gerrard is going about rebuilding this team.

Untitled.jpg

The quicker we get Helander back the better!!

love the big man, but hes still a fair bit away from the commanding CB folk think he is.

the last few games have shown that

Either play him as a right sided CB or not at all.

It's actually scary how much worse off we are with just Helander and Barisic out, we have 0 depth

Any lingering doubts that the league was over blown away today by an absolute fucking circus act from our central defensive pairing.

Have been a fan but he single handedly cost us today he should be dropping immediately

Admin should read through this thread and have a cull of the roasters on here that clearly know nothing about football.

Best CB at Ibrox ffs

Morelos has to take a lot of the blame today. A simple toe poke to make it 3-1 and its game over. Doesn’t let katic off the hook by the way. An absolute nightmare from him today.

He is extremely inconsistent and he cost us today.
Dont like this fad of pulling up months old threads though. Pishy point scoring at its worst.

Poor game today and has suffered a dip in form since Gerrard ruined his confidence but his dip in form is no worse than barasic, goldson or taverniers was/is. Only difference here is some are desperate to cover for Gerrard . Fanboys

Rangers first and last

Their best player.

Cost us today. Somehow escaped blame for the second at killie as well.

Makes mistake far too often, gets away with it as he’s fan favourite

Back