Nikola Katić – Best CB At Ibrox

I'm not the manager's greatest critic, but it was the first and clearest sub to be made.

Replacing Katic by Edmundson.

Katic had a shi**er of a game.
He didn't keep himself on the pitch.

Kamberi & Davis could have come on, as they did, afterwards.

With Katic off, we'd probably have won that game.
But to repeat, he doesn't pick himself and he doesn't insist that he stays on the field.

Aye along wi that chancer Gol
4th choice
Aye and Goldson who hides behind every centre back paired with him and the bold Tav who couldn't cross a decent ball all day and again posted missing at the first goal, Katic blunder but I said 3 seasons ago the amount of goals lost where he should be back defending meant we will fuk all wi him in our team, to many goals lost from his area of the park.

Runs about like a complete headless chicken Goldson wasn't great either and he usually takes the blame but katic is a complete bombscare to play with! Positioning all over the show!

We gave Joe worrall stick last year i'd break your arm for him back at the min!

Threw that game away by a shambolic display at the back!

Katic doesn’t know the basic job of a defender to clear the ball and get it away from our danger zone, he has no awareness of things round about him, he reminds me of Bobo Balde

Morelos has to take a lot of the blame today. A simple toe poke to make it 3-1 and its game over. Doesn’t let katic off the hook by the way. An absolute nightmare from him today.

you’re joking surely? If we didn’t concede two absolute shambolic goals then there no
Need for a 2nd nevermind 3rd goal. The blame lies squarely at the feet of the defence.

How Katic remained on the park after half time is beyond me as he was having an absolute howler and was all over the place. It was obvious he was going to cost us again in the 2nd half and Gerrard surely could see he was not comfortable at all.

I'm not the manager's greatest critic, but it was the first and clearest sub to be made.

Replacing Katic by Edmundson.

Katic had a shi**er of a game.
He didn't keep himself on the pitch.

Kamberi & Davis could have come on, as they did, afterwards.

With Katic off, we'd probably have won that game.
But to repeat, he doesn't pick himself and he doesn't insist that he stays on the field.
Well Goldson could have hid behind Edmondson then.

Katic is good in the air and that is it. His distribution and his positioning when someone runs at him is honking.

I stand by it. By far the worst of the four centre backs we have. Although he's not even been good in the air lately.

Did you have this bookmarked in case he had a bad game?

He has had mistakes in every game since he came back into the team, I’ve commented almost every game since as he has been a bombscare.

Even against celtic he had three huge mistakes, the penalty McGregor dug him out a hole, the two free headers he allowed Jullien that Davis dug him out a hole clearing off the line twice.

The league wasn’t lost today, it’s been lost over the last 6 weeks.

He cost us the points, not the league.

Individual mistakes have cost us the league - fact. Killie away was no different Katic misses header Goldson sleeping. Too many poor goals gifted. Our back 5 have been shit since the break, but let’s be honest they all have

I like Katic but today again he was brutal him and Goldson clearly don't communicate with each other

Aye along wi that chancer Gol

Aye and Goldson who hides behind every centre back paired with him and the bold Tav who couldn't cross a decent ball all day and again posted missing at the first goal, Katic blunder but I said 3 seasons ago the amount of goals lost where he should be back defending meant we will fuk all wi him in our team, to many goals lost from his area of the park.
So it’s Tavernier’s fault that Katic can’t defend today?

I can only assume that the person bumping this has an axe to grind with the op. We all know he had a nightmare today, but in general he's been a great servant and is still a very promising young player.

Katic had a very poor game today he was slipping and his passing was shocking. The whole team has been shocking after the winter break why who knows.

He might be the best CD at Ibrox but that's no use when you fail to achieve it at every other park.

Let's not forget there are two central defenders here.

Ok so Katic..apparently can't now play with Goldson without mistakes.
Edmundson apparently can't play with Goldson without mistakes.
Helander was shaky with Goldson with mistakes.
Worral couldn't play with Goldson without mistakes.

Anyone see a common factor here?

So it’s Tavernier’s fault that Katic can’t defend today?
Nope but it was his fault along with Goldson at Kilmarnock and he has contributed the sum of hee haw since he came back my opinion of course and let's face it the corner for their second was Goldson fault pure and simple leaving other people to clear up for him.

Gets an easy time of it because he scores the odd goal. He’s erratic, tries to be far too aggressive and has blown it for us today. If he doesn’t play again this season I wouldn’t care,

Bumps like this should come with a ban.

I don't think they should.

It was absurd to suggest he was back then, even more so now.

Katic looked like a bombscare in half of his games in his first season. And he continues to do so.

But he wears his heart on his sleeve, so his inability to defend in an impressive variety of situations is ignored by many.

Let's not forget there are two central defenders here.

Ok so Katic..apparently can't now play with Goldson without mistakes.
Edmundson apparently can't play with Goldson without mistakes.
Helander was shaky with Goldson with mistakes.
Worral couldn't play with Goldson without mistakes.

Anyone see a common factor here?
Aye the common factor is Goldson being the best CB at the club, and every other partner he has seem to have a mare in them.

Nope but it was his fault along with Goldson at Kilmarnock and he has contributed the sum of hee haw since he came back my opinion of course and let's face it the corner for their second was Goldson fault pure and simple leaving other people to clear up for him.

their second goal was a result of three absolutely shambolic pieces of play from Katic. There’s absolutely no way you can blameGoldson for that

I don't think they should.

It was absurd to suggest he was back then, even more so now.

Katic looked like a bombscare in half of his games in his first season. And he continues to do so.

But he wears his heart on his sleeve, so his inability to defend in an impressive variety of situations is ignored by many.

No different to the captain then

Aye the common factor is Goldson being the best CB at the club, and every other partner he has seem to have a mare in them.

except they don’t. Helander is as good as Goldson and they two are boy far the superior partnership. They conceded a handful of goals at most, including in Europe.

Yes it was a very bad performance from Katic but Goldson also did himself no favours today.

Our defence has been abysmal since the turn of the winter break.

The sooner Helander is fit the better by far the most composed defender we have and his awareness and anticipation of danger is way ahead of our other centre backs.

Individual mistakes have cost us the league - fact. Killie away was no different Katic misses header Goldson sleeping. Too many poor goals gifted. Our back 5 have been shit since the break, but let’s be honest they all have

Oh well, you said “fact”, therefore it can’t be anything else.

Back