Nikola Katić – Best CB At Ibrox

To be fair though I’d expect £7m worth of central defensive talent to be able to deal with the likes of Aberdeen’s attack and not blunder their way through the 90.

I couldn’t agree more and did say that it could see one of them dropped for Sunday. They by no means had their best games at Pittodrie but I will again say that’s the exception rather than the rule.

Now that Helander is injured and out for a time we are about to find out if we ship more goals or less goals. Or score more goals from set pieces.

Some sense, at last.

Katic is a talent to be developed.

The problem is, some fans only measure a CB by their number of wild, strong headders and crunching tackles.

Peoples ideas of defending are so wrong. They want players to charge about kicking folk instead of maintaining discipline.

Peoples ideas of defending are so wrong. They want players to charge about kicking folk instead of maintaining discipline.

Completely agree mate. Folk want our CBs to charge about with crunching tackles and bullet headers, and our FBs to be doing the same whilst simultaneously peppering the box with crosses.

But because the FBs are also wingers, the CBs need the discipline.

He's definitely a player who has to develop yet, still rough around the edges but by god does he have potential. More than good enough to step in now. He isn't our best defender yet, but with experience and time I think he will be.

I just think the team feels a lot more secure when he's playing. He's a unit of a guy and throws his body into anything.

As usual made a couple of mistakes that Goldson or others would have got slaughtered for.

But these are invisible because he's a fan favourite.

He has a lot of potential but nowhere near our best CB over time could become special but always tricky to strike that balance between being solid and developing a player.

Much rather have Helander in going to the Piggery.

As usual made a couple of mistakes that Goldson or others would have got slaughtered for.

But these are invisible because he's a fan favourite.

He has a lot of potential but nowhere near our best CB over time could become special but always tricky to strike that balance between being solid and developing a player.

Much rather have Helander in going to the Piggery.
Goldson put us under pressure immediately after YB scored by passing the ball straight to them.

Goldson needs rested for a bit! Katic and Helander for me.....Katic is the new Gough in the making!

I love Goldson to bits but I really would like to see Katic and Helander play a few matches together to see how they partner up.

Katic had a shocker today outside his goal. Was far too rash and his decision making was terrible

But he got the goal, so you can’t complain too much.

Katic had a shocker today outside his goal. Was far too rash and his decision making was terrible

But he got the goal, so you can’t complain too much.

I think shocker is a bit much, but it's quite obvious why Helander and Goldson are ahead of him.

His aggression is huge asset in an attacking sense, but he needs to channel it properly when defending. A couple of times he steamed in needlessly and was taken out the game.

Some header for the goal.

Katic is a bit rash sometimes, when he decides to try to win the ball around the half way line rather than playing the percentages.

I think the good outweighs the bad though.

For me it's him plus one because he's more of a winner and a fighter than Goldson and Helllander.

And that steel is something that's really important to this team which has occasionally had a very soft centre.

Goldson covered his arse as he flew through the air and missed his header giving them they're only chance,open your eyes ffs!
Given your tone. You're opinion isn't worth a %^*&.
You reply to posters in a way I reserve for mentally challengeds to be honest.
I don't know what your asking me to open my eyes for since it wasn't me who said it anyway.
Best off on the ignore list since you rarely add anything other than abuse so don't expect a reply to your next angry outburst. Brightside? What a Joke.

Given your tone. You're opinion isn't worth a %^*&.
You reply to posters in a way I reserve for mentally challengeds to be honest.
I don't know what your asking me to open my eyes for since it wasn't me who said it anyway.
Best off on the ignore list since you rarely add anything other than abuse so don't expect a reply to your next angry outburst. Brightside? What a Joke.
mentally challenged?
Very good little boy!

The match thread was a laugh early doors. Every movement, every tackle, every nuance in Katic’s game was scrutinised. Then Goldson gets brushed off the ball like a soft touch in the second half and they really should have equalised off it; cue complete silence from those who were keen to scrutinise Katic’s every movement.

It’s so petty really, I like Goldson a lot but this thing of just looking right past his mistakes is just daft at this stage. I hope he can find his best form again soon because when he’s on it he’s a great defender. As for Katic, again he’s shown that’s he’s our biggest aerial threat, and despite a couple of rash moments of decision making I think he’s done superbly well considering his lack of match sharpness.

Back