Nikola Katić – Best CB At Ibrox

Goldson covered his arse as he flew through the air and missed his header giving them they're only chance,open your eyes ffs!

Yeah that’s the chance that all resulted from Goldson doing his amateur Beckenbauer act and being shrugged off the ball like a soft touch, costing us possession in a passage of play where we should have been under no pressure whatsoever. It’s just far too convenient to omit that part.

We have three good centre backs, why is it necessary to big one up and criticise another. Certainly discuss it on a match to match basis, but to denegrate one rather than another is ridiculous. With Edmunson as back up as well.

Every week we see a thread with a players name on it, I would ban these type of threads, people pile in with their insults, a couple of games later they are lauded.

Remember it is not about individuals it is about the team.

Time some of you recognised this.

He is a good threat from set pieces but his decision making and positioning need some improvement but overall he is a good young defender who will improve im sure

Good solid CB who's prone to a rush of blood - just like any CB.

Doesn't take any prisoners and can be pretty rash but I don't mind that.

Certainly shows Goldson and Helander how to attack a corner kick.

Helander out injured, I'm just glad we've got three solid centre halves, Edmundson too.

The match thread was a laugh early doors. Every movement, every tackle, every nuance in Katic’s game was scrutinised. Then Goldson gets brushed off the ball like a soft touch in the second half and they really should have equalised off it; cue complete silence from those who were keen to scrutinise Katic’s every movement.

It’s so petty really, I like Goldson a lot but this thing of just looking right past his mistakes is just daft at this stage. I hope he can find his best form again soon because when he’s on it he’s a great defender. As for Katic, again he’s shown that’s he’s our biggest aerial threat, and despite a couple of rash moments of decision making I think he’s done superbly well considering his lack of match sharpness.

A f*cking shambles more like.

I very rarely venture on to these threads but I'm convinced there is one poster in particular who must have been gutted when we got our second today.

Caught out on a number of times by being too eager, you don’t have to attack every ball, also needs to work on his distribution.

Good back up to have behind Helander and Goldson.

PS is it only old threads started by Admin that can be bumped and kept open ?

Caught out on a number of times by being too eager, you don’t have to attack every ball, also needs to work on his distribution.

Good back up to have behind Helander and Goldson.

PS is it only old threads started by Admin that can be bumped and kept open ?

He’s a bit like his partner in that sense. And nothing like his partner in the sense of being taken to task for it.

Growing tired of the endless pish on here about Katic. He is a decent defender with a decent goal threat. However his ability to deal with cross balls low from the left is way short of what we need. So is his passing. We need defenders that can pass accurately.

He has time to work on that but sorely needs to. He is a fair bit off Hellander.

Big man was fine today and got his goal. Positionally still a bit to work on and Goldson had to point it out to him a few times, but I love the big guy, young player who is going to be fantastic.

Nope not for me, was all over the place at times today and got caught out when Motherwell had that chance first half

Katic had a shocker today outside his goal. Was far too rash and his decision making was terrible

But he got the goal, so you can’t complain too much.
Don't think he was that bad but what you expect when he's not really had game time. It's gonna take him a few games to get up to speed again.

Regardless of what people may say about his defensive abilities he offers the most going forward out of out CB and deserves a bigger part to play than he normally does.

Ot
I think shocker is a bit much, but it's quite obvious why Helander and Goldson are ahead of him.

His aggression is huge asset in an attacking sense, but he needs to channel it properly when defending. A couple of times he steamed in needlessly and was taken out the game.

Some header for the goal.
That's what worries me the scum will play on that and will look for runners in behind leaving goldson two on one hes needs to learn when to step up and when to stand off

Anyone else feel he patched the gaffer after his goal?

Goes by Gerrard like he aint there, although the Gaffer pats his chest as he goes by.

Have it on gif but got 3 days holiday for posting a celebration before highlights were shown. before.

Anyone else feel he patched the gaffer after his goal?

Goes by Gerrard like he aint there, although the Gaffer pats his chest as he goes by.

Have it on gif but got 3 days holiday for posting a celebration before highlights were shown. before.
He said he ran to the set piece coach,Tom Culshaw i think?

Goldson was our best CB, today. And if anyone thought Goldson wasn't great at long balls, Katic is a lot worse. Goldson's passing was good, today. Both had good games, today.

Katic is going to become a great player for us. I have no worries, when he steps in.

We have four, very adequate CB's.

But Goldson and Helander is our best pairing, in my opinion.

It was tounge in cheek but goldson has a 50p heed, wether clearing headers or having a pop at goal, vast majority loop high.

It is nonsense though

8ee756493945140056b7a941c4c794de.png

And how many went over the bar ? And how many clearances in the box loop up and to oncoming players. Golddon is a good player but has a 50p heed.
Getting on the end of them is a skill in itself and more than half the battle. You seem to be ignoring that part for a start. And also the fact he's scoring more than any other centre halfs. The 50p head thing is a lazy FF myth.

I think Boyd nailed it today when he said he reckoned that when he gets an opportunity in the first team, he just tries too hard to make an impression.
When he gets a decent run in the team you see a completely different player.
I'm sure Katic will be one of our CH's for years to come.

What the fk is going on with our support? Haven’t read the whole thread, ploughed through most of it and both centre backs are getting slaughtered for how bad they are.
We did win 2-0? I did go to that game?
We can’t have perfection ffs but to win with a clean sheet at a team who won previous 3 and four at home.
Cmon guys......

I love to see my CH's dominate their opponents.even when that means they give them a good kick sometimes.

I also love to see my CH's attack without fear of getting hurt,especially when it makes them a very dangerous threat in the opponents box.

Alas,I love Niko Katic.

Katic should be first pick. Don't forget he is nowhere near match fit. I will admit though it was not good that he ignored Gerrard in his goal celebration.

Nico plays, Nico scores.

I wish he had started against the scum. The amount of crossEd and corners into the box we had that game was perfect for Nico. He’d have buried them.

Hyperbole like ‘had a shocker today’, ‘all over the place’ are clearly from people watching a different game from me. For a young player who has been left out two seasons in a row without doing a lot wrong, I thought he was excellent and rarely off the pace given his lack of games.

Some on here have a slavish devotion to the manager and will never admit when he gets it wrong. Replacing Katic with Worral cost us big time last season and the Helander, Goldson Partnership especially when Borna is missing is slow and cumbersome.

Katic is fine with the ball at his feet, despite being no Beckenbauer and I think the odd moment of recklessness is just his timing being slightly out due to not having played much. He is by far our most decisive central defender in the context of domestic football who has no qualms about blootering the ball into row z where required. (He doesn’t fanny about when under pressure, Goldson take note)

Goldson and Katic or Helander Katic is I think a better pairing domestically than Goldson/Helander especially where Flanagan is in for Borna. For what it’s worth I think this is the managers rather frustrating blind spot and could cost us domestic success.

Hyperbole like ‘had a shocker today’, ‘all over the place’ are clearly from people watching a different game from me. For a young player who has been left out two seasons in a row without doing a lot wrong, I thought he was excellent and rarely off the pace given his lack of games.

Some on here have a slavish devotion to the manager and will never admit when he gets it wrong. Replacing Katic with Worral cost us big time last season and the Helander, Goldson Partnership especially when Borna is missing is slow and cumbersome.

Katic is fine with the ball at his feet, despite being no Beckenbauer and I think the odd moment of recklessness is just his timing being slightly out due to not having played much. He is by far our most decisive central defender in the context of domestic football who has no qualms about blootering the ball into row z where required. (He doesn’t fanny about when under pressure, Goldson take note)

Goldson and Katic or Helander Katic is I think a better pairing domestically than Goldson/Helander especially where Flanagan is in for Borna. For what it’s worth I think this is the managers rather frustrating blind spot and could cost us domestic success.
There is no blind spot.

Yesterday summed Katic up in a nutshell.

I think supporters see blind spots in both aspects of Katics game and it wouldn't be surprised if he goes from fans favourite to one that splits supporters opinions.

Good Katic:
Headers, the goal and defensively, the mans a colossus. Proper old school centre half who puts his head places most wouldn't put their feet. Strong and excellent timing in the tackle.

Bad Katic:
After winning one header, he goes for everything instead of taking a breath and thinking whether committing to the challenge is actually appropriate in this situation.

His passing, honking, the amount of times the ball was lost through the middle from a terrible pass up the park.

It was away to Motherwell where he probably had memories of conceding 3 so i'll forgive him for punting the ball at every opportunity, especially as he's only come back into the team but that could be an area of concern. We want to always retain the ball and to do that we need to be brave and composed on the ball in all areas of the pitch. Katic struggles with this.

How many clean sheets have Goldson and Helander kept?

I would put it contrary, how many clean sheets did our amazing goalkeeper earn us? further in recent weeks our central defence have made a number of glaring errors and given the chasm in resources between us and the rest of the league shouldn’t we be expecting our £5m pairing to be considerably better than the rest barring the filth?

Goldson and Helander without Bornas pace looked slow and cumbersome at Pittodrie, Goldson has a penchant for overplaying in tight situations and Helander whilst a very astute defender in positioning and reading the game is a tad slow and prone to wanting too much time on the ball.

For me Katic is better suited to the pace of the domestic game and has a no frills row z mentality when required.

Back