Nikola Katić

Not sure I agree with all you said VB but debate is healthy!
As long it stays respectful and it has.

Doubt we have the funds to replace all 3 plus Macauley will also be replaced so that makes 4.Don’t think that would make Gerrard look too good replacing all four ………but you may be right.
Only one person knows for sure!

Ha ha, no worries mate. I did suggest funding would mean one of Katic or Goldson being a regular next season. I’d see the other as backup. So 2 new centre-backs, one a starter. But alongside which of Goldson/Katic? I seem out on my own with the view that there’s not a lot between Goldson, Katic and Worrall but I’m OK with that LOL. Simply don’t think Goldson is as good as he’s made out to be nor Worrall as bad as some would have you believe.

This guy was built for Scottish football.

Reminds me of Carlos Cuellar, he will head and kick anything, not afraid of any bumps or bruises he might get in doing so. His bravery is crucial in this league and he has it in abundance.

He’s decent with the ball, he’s quick and he seems to communicate really well.

He fell out the team for a long period for an inferior defender but he has taken it exceptionally well for a young man in his debut season in a foreign league.

I think the big man will turn out to be a smashing center-half. He has a big heart. If he becomes our 1st choice c/b next season it could help Barasic as well

Reckon there will be 2 brought in over the summer to replace McAuley and Worrall.

Maybe there’s someone in the reserves can step up to be adequate cover.
That’s a thing.
All the good potential we read about in the reserves and unders and there isn’t a centre back amongst them
I think you need to go back to the fifteen year old to find our best prospect.
Happy to be wrong here.

Delighted to see him back in the team & took the goal really well today. Hope that’s him in for the remaining 4 games.

I love Big Niko but that's the one glaring negative in his game. He gets turned far too easily at times.

Kilmarnock game at home a few weeks back as well. Killie player rolled him right before he did his hamstring shooting.
Yep I agree he has everything and if he can learn when to get tight on a player and when to stand off he can be a super star.

It’s all about opinions of course but I reckon if you think we need better than Goldson then you might be in for a shock.

I don’t think we can afford better than Goldson. He isn’t perfect but I don’t think there is a better centre half in Scotland than him.

I get that football is all about opinions, but I just don’t get this Goldson viewpoint at all. I think both young CB’s at the club are better than him.

It’s a 50/50 for me on who’s better between Katic and Worrall. Both are very capable young CB’s who’ll go on to have good careers with or without Rangers in my opinion.

Goldson is decent, but no better as far as I’m concerned. Some games he looks excellent but there’s plenty others where he’s a bombscare.

I wouldn’t mind at all if our starting CB’s next season were Katic and a new signing with experience.

The evidence already exists.

The Dutch player came to Scotland and cemented his place in the team every week...he had ups and downs not unlike many Dutch players he could be overconfident but he was streets ahead of Katic-he's an absolute man mountain a good 4 inches taller and a better player all round.

Katic could become a very good player-you're the one making outlandish claims-there's no need for it.

‘A good 4 inches taller’. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. You don’t half talk some shite. They’re both 6’4 :)):)):)):)):))

You couldn’t get anymore dramatic FF over the top than this post. Comparing Katic to Cuellar on today’s performance I’d say get your eyes checked.

Ikpeazu rolled Katic easily more than once today. He also has a knack of letting the ball bounce before going for it.

It’s an ok performance but he has so much to learn and improve from. SG obviously thinks the same as he’s been reluctant to use him all season. We all want the big man to do well but let’s not get carried away by a 6 or 7/10 performance.

Sounds like we’ve got a Worrall fan here. Katic put in some brilliant displays early in the season when our games were still competitive. There may be a lot of hyperbole in the OP but people are right to be happy with his recent inclusion ahead of a player whom the gaffers seems to have a huge blind spot with.

He did get rolled on one occasion, but he’ll learn and Goldson is pretty much giving a gaff a game just now but without the same sort of criticism.

You are going to leave us in suspenders?
Oh well……

Keep them coming Tazz……I might get one right yet!
The player Taz is speaking of is a prominent poster on here.
He’s playing with you a bit though.
He’s made the stat sound impressive.
The poster played at a decent level but not top division.
I don’t think he was ever full time.
He played one game against a Rangers eleven and that was in a testimonial.
The whole work went to that game, made up half the crowd, I think.
We lost 6-2 and the poster scored one of the goals.
One game, one goal.
Sounds impressive.

Jeez, not the Katic v Worrall debate. Again.

Katic had a good game today bar one error that almost cost us. Credit to him for that and it came on the back of a good performance at Motherwell also. He certainly has it in him.

This myth of how solid we were at the start of the season with him and Goldson is just that though. We conceded more goals and dropped more points in the first 10 league games than we did in the last 10 that Goldson and Worrall started. The fact is, there is not an awful lot to choose between Goldson (who seems to largely get a free pass) and Worrall and Katic.

Worrall will be gone soon so I’m pleased to see Katic come in and perform well. If he had the money to spare I think Gerrard would replace all three of them next season but other priorities will see at least one of Katic or Goldson a regular starter next term. I wouldn’t bet on which one it will be.

Yeah but Katic and Goldson went through some extremely tough European ties at a time when a brand new team was still gelling. Worrall was in there to sit at the back against shite SPL teams who quite often never got in our half of the pitch. It also helps that he had the luxury of being continually selected after fùcking up as opposed to being hung out to dry like Katic.

I don’t care what anyone says, Gerrard got it wrong with Worrall, it was a mistake and one that I hope he’s learned from.

Last edited:
Missed the game today but delighted for the big man.

I’m a massive fan, gets a run of games like the start of the season it’s all good.

[
I get that football is all about opinions, but I just don’t get this Goldson viewpoint at all. I think both young CB’s at the club are better than him.

It’s a 50/50 for me on who’s better between Katic and Worrall. Both are very capable young CB’s who’ll go on to have good careers with or without Rangers in my opinion.

Goldson is decent, but no better as far as I’m concerned. Some games he looks excellent but there’s plenty others where he’s a bombscare.

I wouldn’t mind at all if our starting CB’s next season were Katic and a new signing with experience.

Drop Goldson keep Katic...er ok then.................

Personally, I’m glad Steven Gerrard doesn’t see it your way.

Listen I might be totally wrong here but was there not stuff going on in the big mans private life?? Plus the fact listen to the press conference with Gerrard about him when he first came. He is still a young young boy playing in a country miles from his home. Don't know who he has here with him but I wouldn't like to send a young 20 year old to Croatia. We as fans just expect these young guys to come here and perform. They can't even go to the supermarket and buy what they have grown up eating.

Er ok then so how do you know Katic was a SG signing?
I don’t and Katic is hardly getting a lot of game time is he? We do know gerrard drove down to Brighton to convince Goldson to come to us and he pushed the worrall deal through on loan also. He has his two favourites in worrall and Goldson and doesn’t drop them when they make mistakes unlike Katic.

Last edited:
Goldson is an excellent centre back and the best we have by a country mile, bloody weird folk don't see that.

People are strange.

He was superb today. No doubt about that.

But he’s had as many “below par” games as he’s had “good” games. So let’s not get carried away.

Goldson is an excellent centre back and the best we have by a country mile, bloody weird folk don't see that.

People are strange.

Agree he’s the best we have.... but an “excellent” centre back???? Drink talking? Or just an opinion?

(Don’t answer until you wake up in the morning.... just in case)

PS
Best of a bad lot doesn’t make you good, never mind excellent

A fact that not many want to realize.

It’s not about individuals.It’s about the partnership.

Katic and Goldson back together…(criminally dropped imho) played 4 won 4.

Stats don’t lie!!

Criminally dropped? His form dipped big time just before Xmas. Even the 7-1 against Motherwell their striker was giving him the run around before they went down to 10.

He was struggling with that niggling injury and form and rightly taken out the team at the time.

I like how you've always got a chance of a goal from him especially at set pieces. I never got that feeling from Worrall.

Criminally dropped? His form dipped big time just before Xmas. Even the 7-1 against Motherwell their striker was giving him the run around before they went down to 10.

He was struggling with that niggling injury and form and rightly taken out the team at the time.

At no point was he struggling big time.

Name me a goal he was directly responsible for?

At no point was he struggling big time.

Name me a goal he was directly responsible for?

Motherwell's equaliser in the game I mentioned. Got rolled far to easily and then it was played across goal for their striker to tap it in.

He also had an absolute stinker against Hamilton round that time as well, the 4-1 game. Was subbed in the second half.

Dont get me wrong I love Katic but the manager was right to take him out of the team for a while.

I have liked him from day one, especially when he was interview and told that the game here is more physical to which he answered" I like playing against physical players"
Whatever happened after August when he was dropped is anyone's guess on here, but I like many are glad to see the "Bigman " back.
He will be a great CB in years to come.

Back