Nikola Katic opens up on Rangers, his respect for Steven Gerrard and being left angry by the axe

Take a second to cool off and let your blood pressure regulate itself, then think about how utterly stupid it would be to remark on his exclusion from the team and state that he felt the manager was wrong. Then go one step further and think about the performances you’ve seen from both centre backs and that alone should lead to you the obvious conclusion on whether or not the gaffer made the right choice.

He’s not above criticism and every mistakes doesn’t have to be transformed are polished into a positive.

So, you troll, dig up posts from unrelated topics on another forum, hit out with antagonistic chat then play the 'calm down' card?

Again, you think that there was NO other response he could have given? No way he could simply duck the question? You think Gerrard (or ANY manager) would be pissed off with a player saying 'I thought I should have played'?

No, he had to just lie.

The fact you are refusing to see the differences pretty much says it all about your position.

He is absolutely not, 100%, above criticism. He is, though, above children making things up.

So, you troll, dig up posts from unrelated topics on another forum, hit out with antagonistic chat then play the 'calm down' card?

Again, you think that there was NO other response he could have given? No way he could simply duck the question? You think Gerrard (or ANY manager) would be pissed off with a player saying 'I thought I should have played'?

No, he had to just lie.

The fact you are refusing to see the differences pretty much says it all about your position.

He is absolutely not, 100%, above criticism. He is, though, above children making things up.

Troll? I made an absolutely valid point that I stand by. You misinterpreted the point, made a outright stupid remark as though my only objective was to have a go at the manager and not those who insisted that he’d done the right thing, and you then threw a hissy fit.

Who do you think you’re fooling with your pseudo-intellectual, high and mighty claptrap? Do you really want to make accusations of other posters being children while you’re in the middle of a full blown tantrum. Shot down easier than Rhaegal.

Troll? I made an absolutely valid point that I stand by. You misinterpreted the point, made a outright stupid remark as though my only objective was to have a go at the manager and not those who insisted that he’d done the right thing, and you then threw a hissy fit.

Who do you think you’re fooling with your pseudo-intellectual, high and mighty claptrap? Do you really want to make accusations of other posters being children while you’re in the middle of a full blown tantrum. Shot down easier than Rhaegal.

The entirety of your posts on this thread have been having a go at the manager for dropping Katic or trolling. Not one single post has done anything else. Your only point, at all, regarding the actual content of the thread is to say that Katic is telling lies so he does not upset the manager. Prove me wrong on that. Any of it.

The fact you seem to think that someone writing posts in normal English, posts you actually have no point against, is somehow 'pseudo-intellectual' just about perfectly illustrates the level of debate you are capable of. Low.

You were almost entertaining for a while. Almost, and for a while. Just boring now. Cheerio.

Brilliant! We agree! People saying the article puts the idea to bed are wrong, it does no such thing! It does not prove it is true either, of course.
Jesus fucking Christ.

A Katic interview where he voices his anger at being dropped is a little different. Because well, it’s Niko Katic and not Keith Jackson, Tom English or you or I talking pish.

I’d also question if the “personal issues” stuff were true, why was Katic reintroduced on numerous occasions before being dropped again?

Jesus fucking Christ.

A Katic interview where he voices his anger at being dropped is a little different. Because well, it’s Niko Katic and not Keith Jackson, Tom English or you or I talking pish.

I’d also question if the “personal issues” stuff were true, why was Katic reintroduced on numerous occasions before being dropped again?

Sorry, but you have just confused yourself completely here :D

Some people have said that this article proves that there were no personal issues. YOU agree with me that this is not true, but when I say that, you go off one one....You are not arguing with me, you are arguing with yourself ffs

Jesus fucking Christ.

Exactly, but why use evidence and common sense when you can spout nonsense and throw tantrums in the most humourless self-aggrandising fashion imagineable?

All of the evidence points to him being dropped because the manager simply preferred another centre half, but I think most fans would have or certainly now disagree with. He made a mistake, it happens, it’s not the end of the world if we acknowledge or even discuss that mistake without pretending it’s something it’s not. It’s not disrespectful to Steven Gerrard to look at mistakes made in his maiden year in management.

Sorry, but you have just confused yourself completely here :D

Some people have said that this article proves that there were no personal issues. YOU agree with me that this is not true, but when I say that, you go off one one....You are not arguing with me, you are arguing with yourself ffs
You’re trolling now.

It’s an interview with Niko Katic with quotes from the guy himself ffs.

You’re trolling now.

It’s an interview with Niko Katic with quotes from the guy himself ffs.

Yes, and YOU said, and agreed, that it not being mentioned makes it no more nor less likely that it was true or not. But suddenly me saying exactly what you said is somehow trolling?

Tell you what mate, I will leave you to it :D

Yes, and YOU said, and agreed, that it not being mentioned makes it no more nor less likely that it was true or not. But suddenly me saying exactly what you said is somehow trolling?

Tell you what mate, I will leave you to it :D
How the %^*& can he not mention something that didn’t happen?

“To the guys on FF, just to clear up, there were no personal issues”

Is that what you need to see? o_O

His words, “You know, I used to be angry when I didn’t play because I thought I deserved to. But I needed to be realistic. I had weaker matches so I was on the bench for a reason.”

How the %^*& can he not mention something that didn’t happen?

“To the guys on FF, just to clear up, there were no personal issues”

Is that what you need to see? o_O

His words, “You know, I used to be angry when I didn’t play because I thought I deserved to. But I needed to be realistic. I had weaker matches so I was on the bench for a reason.”

You do not need to see anything ffs, I am not using the article to prove either way whether there were issues or not. Some other people are trying to use it to PROVE that there were no issues, which YOU agree with me, is not possible. So, with all of that cleared up, just why exactly are you upset at me for saying exactly the same thing as you? :D

You do not need to see anything ffs, I am not using the article to prove either way whether there were issues or not. Some other people are trying to use it to PROVE that there were no issues, which YOU agree with me, is not possible. So, with all of that cleared up, just why exactly are you upset at me for saying exactly the same thing as you? :D
Katic isn’t saying the same as you though.

I reckon he knows more about it

Wait, so Katic says, in plain English, in that article, that Gerrard was right to drop him and you use that as some kind of proof that Gerrard was wrong to drop him? ok...

Not sure what your issue is. He's allowed to disagree with Katic. He used information from the interview to form his own opinion.

Katic isn’t saying the same as you though.

I reckon he knows more about it
FFS. I am not saying anything. At all. OTHER PEOPLE are saying it is proof that there were no personal issues. I am saying, just like you are, that it is not proof of anything. I am not saying there are personal issues, that this shows there were or anything else. ALL I am saying is that this article does not prove that there are no issues. Just like you are.

FFS. I am not saying anything. At all. OTHER PEOPLE are saying it is proof that there were no personal issues. I am saying, just like you are, that it is not proof of anything. I am not saying there are personal issues, that this shows there were or anything else. ALL I am saying is that this article does not prove that there are no issues. Just like you are.
We’ve heard multiple theories around Gerrard dropping Katic, I’ll not go through them here but there have been wide and varied reasons for it.

I personally believe we either paid a fee for Worrall if he didn’t play a certain number of games or Gerrard just preferred Worrall over Katic.

We’ve heard multiple theories around Gerrard dropping Katic, I’ll not go through them here but there have been wide and varied reasons for it.

I personally believe we either paid a fee for Worrall if he didn’t play a certain number of games or Gerrard just preferred Worrall over Katic.

I think that Katic (and this is something he himself said in another interview) lost form. I think that there may have been other issues at play too and that he was, on balance, probably correctly dropped. I think that if there were no personal issues in the background, he would have come back sooner so I think that there might be something in the stories (as well as the fact that some of the sources for that are very reputable) but obviously I cannot know that for sure.

What I do know is that certain people have gone on for a good while, every single time his name is mentioned, calling it a mistake to drop him. The manager himself has explained his reasons and said he had to manage the player. The player has, a couple of times now, admitted that his form dropped and that he deserved to be benched. Gerrard probably did, for a while, prefer Worrall. The reasons for preferring him were not as basic as him just liking him more and form played a significant part. It is far easier for certain, single dimensional 'thinkers' on here to simply, and repeatedly, say it was a blunder and cost us. It is more likely that the player Katic looks now is because he was dropped, not in spite of it.

Puts to bed the notion he was dropped for personal reasons. Just an error of judgement from the gaffer.

Delighted Katic is back in and doing so well though, he’s a rock now, as he was at the beginning of the season. His attitude is first class, wannabe gangsta Grezda could learn a thing or two.

I never bought the personal rift rumour to be honest. Some games Katic played as he admitted himself weren’t good enough. I don’t think you could split him and Worrall a lot of the season. Glad to see Katic back in the team but IMO it wasn’t like we were dropping a standout for an obviously inferior player.

Our cup exits were due to a lack of creativity and poor decision-making. I'm not sure Katic's absence played a significant role.

At the very least, Katic seems settled and has 30 games of experience. Maybe this management through his debut season was beneficial.
Agreed, but I've said before on here I shudder to think how many draws could have been converted into wins this season with Katic's ability at attacking set pieces.

Agree that despite all my bitching, 30 games is a fine return for a young centre half and he's at least settled now going into next season.

Puts to bed the notion he was dropped for personal reasons. Just an error of judgement from the gaffer.

Delighted Katic is back in and doing so well though, he’s a rock now, as he was at the beginning of the season. His attitude is first class, wannabe gangsta Grezda could learn a thing or two.
I think Katic is a fantastic signing and is only going to get better.

However had Worral put in the same level of performance as he did away to Hamilton this place would have been needing a hamster replacement.

Love the big man £1.5mil will prove to be a bargain if it hasn’t already. Nothing fancy just defends wins most things in the air.

He's our best centre back in my opinion.

Katic is certainly the fans favourite and it's easy to see why, he looks dominant in the air and strong in the tackle but he is still (at times) being talked through games by Goldson, not the mark of a 'best centre half', not yet anyway.

But when I sum it up, I have to remember I played 30 games. We did not concede a goal in 15 matches and lost only two. So my statistics are brilliant.

Pretty impressive stats indeed.

Nico is one of my favourite players. I’m looking forward to seeing him next season already.

Think we'll remember this lad like we do the likes of Prso. A proper legend, Rangers to the core despite coming from another country. At least we've got Katic with plenty of years left in his career.

Will also echo others, I think he's our best centre half.

He admits there it wasn’t personal off the field reasons and he could see like alot of us could …that he could have and should have been playing.
It was personal that Worrall got his place and this should this story about it was for his own good.

I actually feel he has put the record straight but can’t say anymore because of fear of reprisals.If Gerrard really does respect him and what he can do and offer than hopefully like Goldson and whoever he signs for this position he get’s a proper chance to nail it for himself.He deserves that… at least.

You’ll thank me for it ;)

I reckon it’s cost us a trophy over the course of the season, fucking around with the defence. It’s something I think and hope Gerrard has learned from though. Looking forward to seeing Katic and Goldson playing 50/60 games a piece next season.

And so say of us!

Back