Nine Sign Pro Contracts

Great news that these lads have risen through the ranks, hopefully some of them will eventually see first team football. Rangers should have more talent coming from the Academy, would save loads of money and mould them into the players they want them to be.

I'm sure someone will correct me but Robbie Ure and Connor Allan are 2 of the highly rated ones at that level?

Im sure both were in the development squad at 15?

Fingers crossed we finally have a system in place that produces talent. Would be good if these 9 were our "class of 92"

Have refereed for the academy teams a fair bit

boy Harley at the back and the boy Ure up front is a machine! Wee fella mcinally very tidy on the ball And demands it , boy Leyton plays left side , moany wee bastard and gets torn in , great left peg and pace

bright future indeed
Reads well.
One friend of mine was working at another SPL club last season and swore Ure was the best he’d seen at that level/age.

As long as the boys keep learning and applying themselves. We have had too many almost over the years. They need to want it

Think the boy hepburn that the mankies have might have somethingbto say about that. Sure he is an 04 as well. Could be wrong

ref’d the mankie mob a couple times at their training ground , same age group as the boys I mentioned above , had a boy in the middle who was very good , and a boy at right back that was good , did them against Ayr United and against Dundee Utd , Ayr United had a boy up front who was really good , can’t remember the name , also did hearts against Patrick thistle up at petershill n must say hearts are the dirtiest academy side I’ve seen , had 3 of them off for wild wild 2 footed tackles ,and their coaches had the cheek to complain.

partick asked for the game stopped due to the nature of the hearts side , but hearts had a boy in the middle of the park who was superb , big and strong and very technical and mobile.

I did a tournament at our training ground , was us Hamilton Liverpool and Manchester City , city had a few good players as did Liverpool but was genuinely more impressed with Rangers and Hamilton

Connor Allan is a great lad and a tremendous player. Him and his family have had season tickets at Ibrox for several years so no worries about his commitment.

ref’d the mankie mob a couple times at their training ground , same age group as the boys I mentioned above , had a boy in the middle who was very good , and a boy at right back that was good , did them against Ayr United and against Dundee Utd , Ayr United had a boy up front who was really good , can’t remember the name , also did hearts against Patrick thistle up at petershill n must say hearts are the dirtiest academy side I’ve seen , had 3 of them off for wild wild 2 footed tackles ,and their coaches had the cheek to complain.

partick asked for the game stopped due to the nature of the hearts side , but hearts had a boy in the middle of the park who was superb , big and strong and very technical and mobile.

I did a tournament at our training ground , was us Hamilton Liverpool and Manchester City , city had a few good players as did Liverpool but was genuinely more impressed with Rangers and Hamilton

Celtic culled their 2002's & 2003's so were pushing their 2004's in to the under 18's. When we beat them 5-0 in the Youth Cup they had three 2004's starting and two on the bench. Leon King was Rangers only 2004.

Celtic rate their 2004's and have thrown money at them to try and keep them, haven't heard about any leaving. I think four of them are alleged Rangers fans who chose them over us. At U14's they were considered a god bit better than us, at 16's could be argued that we have overtaken them as we beat them in both games.

Hearts would be a young team, in recent years it has been their policy to push players up. When we beat them 2-0 in the youth league there were five 2004's involved in their team, none in our squad.
One player that started for Hearts couldn't get into our 2004 team, moved to Hearts and plays U18.

I really hope we see some of our own products coming through at the club.

I understand why but out managers are always very reluctant to give them a chance

What’s your thoughts on youth football in pandemic could this destroy clubs and players

It could put financial pressure on youth budgets at clubs.

The longer it goes on the bigger the impact on youth football. Particularly on the 2002 to 2004 age groups, there are at the stage where playing games is crucial where they are now pro's but nowhere near the first team.

Not so crucial for the younger age groups at the moment.

Some shocking names there

Look on the bright side at least we'll have a thread and poll on here in 50 years time asking who was the greatest ever Harley, Kelsey, MacKenzie or Leyton to play for us :rolleyes:

As for the Jack one, look like we'll have plenty to choose from !

I don’t know if he’s any good but Jack Harkness is a Bear from a good family. I used to work with his Gran.

Back