Nippy’s announcement tomorrow

The biggest problem we will have is when there is 2 cases in Glasgow and she decided with 24 hours notice than only 5k are getting in it will be chaos

Jesus Christ nipped to toilet quickly to check phone and see what script is and looks like this witch has need it clear as mud. :mad: :mad:

My take on it Rangers would have been talking to the city council preparing for this announcement.stewart Robertson in his interview last week said they had been working closely with the council to get crowds back.i think we will have full capacity for the yahoo game and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a full house v Malmo either

So, in theory, Celtic could apply and get a full house but we could apply and only get half a stadium?

Ultimately it’s the decision of the councils?

It’s amazing how COVID can tell the difference between different stadiums and postcodes, to be fair

That would lead to a prompt judicial review I’d have thought

My take on it Rangers would have been talking to the city council preparing for this announcement.stewart Robertson in his interview last week said they had been working closely with the council to get crowds back.i think we will have full capacity for the yahoo game and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a full house v Malmo either
We’ve been crystal clear since fans have been allowed back that it’s been important to show we are doing things by the book, this is the reason why. game on game we’ve seen increases and now we are past level 0 (ridiculous phrase) i am confident the club will be able to secure a full house

My take on it is….

We’ve successfully demonstrated we can cope with 23,000. Therefore no application required for this number of attendees.

Going for say 30,000 should be a relative tap in.

But going for full 50,000 capacity might need a new/updated application and a bit more effort/convincing of GCC but I’m sure the club already know the likelihood.

We’re certainly ticking all the boxes and sending the right signals. Nothing more the club can do now.
Guess we just wait for the email to drop into the inbox.

Bit of a long game, so bear with me.

Could this be a way of disproving their season ticket number fables?

The application to GCC would probably need to include projected attendance and would have to say we have 'x' number of season ticket holders plus we would expect a further 'y' to fill the stadium. While they are happy to lie to the yahoos about this all the time, surely they wouldn't be allowed to lie about these numbers in a legal application for capacity?

An FOI request to GCC regarding these numbers may finally expose their bullshit once and for all.

to be honest mate, who fucking cares? I'm far more interested in getting back into Ibrox.

So, say the club apply for 33,000 people in the next game. That's 10,000 more than before - which means the staggered nature of people in their seats will no longer exist in 10,000 seats of the stadium.

Why's it alright for those 10,000 people to be seated next to/diagonally/behind a stranger but the other areas of the stands still maintain the distancing (which she said today is no longer required)?

On a side note, I don't understand why the council are making this decision. Does every council in Scotland have Covid experts working for them?

Last edited:
All this does is open up the possibility for GCC to pull some absolute bullshit number short of a full house out of their arse and say that’s what you are getting.

When there was the social distancing rule in place that in theory put a natural cap on the attendance numbers of a venue, without it we should in theory have full houses but I remain to be convinced they will allow that.

We need to know soon if we're on for a full house or not, once again she's left the fog hanging over us. Nikla, Harvey and wee Blackford, hateful bigots, who never have anything good to say.

She won't allow people to look at England and see people enjoying themselves. As always, she will be swayed by how to keep voters happy and not safe.
They just love it. Covid has simply been an excuse for them to have a type of stealth independence. Running around dictating whatever they want without a care for anyone. Ruining the economy so they can blame it on London later because Westminster wouldn't let them have more borrowing powers. Cos they all know with more borrowing powers the SNP would have saved us all rather than further bankrupt us. Bunch of idiots.

So, say the club apply for 33,000 people in the next game. That's 10,000 more than before - which means the staggered nature of people in their seats will no longer exists in 10,000 seats of the stadium.

Why's it alright for those 10,000 people to be seated next to/diagonally/behind a stranger but the other areas of the stands still maintain the distancing (which she said today is no longer required)?

On a side note, I don't understand why the council are making this decision. Does every council in Scotland have Covid experts working for them?

So the Nats have plausible deniability when something goes wrong.

They love a bit of plausible deniability.

we will have probably known already what the outcome with GCC will be on the potential outcomes from Nippy today.

Now just wait on the announcement of full house and ticket cost then let the madness commence

There is basically no change with regard to football attendance.

You apply to the local authority for permission beyond the Level 0 stipulations.

Minimum will equate to our Livingston attendance (assuming the authorities were hapopy with measures in olace and general conduct of the support) but could increase for the next home game.

Full house for Rangers v Celtic still remains a possibility but might be short of that in reality.

That is where we are at the moment IMO.

Last edited:
So it’s a waiting game again just like livi game. I have 2 days booked off work and now none the wiser if I’m still getting a malmo ticket or not.

to be honest mate, who fucking cares? I'm far more interested in getting back into Ibrox.
Obviously, that's why I said long game for after we're all back in.

I just think any time you have the opportunity to disprove there blatant nonsense, and show them to be the liars and thieves we know they are, you should take it.

There is basically no change with regard to football attendance.

You apply to the local authority for permission beyond the Level 0 stipulations.

Minimum will equate to our Livingston attendance (assuming the authorities were hapopy with measures in olace and general conduct of the support) but could increase for the next home game.

Full house for Rangers v Celtic still remains a possibility but might be a bit short of that in reality.

That is where we are at the moment IMO.
It's mental though, isn't it? Might almost have a full house.

Can't have a full house but you could still have 40,000. So technically only the odd empty seat dotted about the place. What good does that do?

In my opinion if we can't do the full staggered seating (no one in front, no one beside) like we've done in the friendlies then there's absolutely no point in having an empty seat every so often.

So, say the club apply for 33,000 people in the next game. That's 10,000 more than before - which means the staggered nature of people in their seats will no longer exists in 10,000 seats of the stadium.

Even the Scottish government don't have Covid experts working for them. GCC will probably just Google it.

Another example of Sturgeon trying to take the responsibility off her.

If this goes Pete Tong then she can blame the council and save her face.

This lady's front bottom is supposed to be a leader but she'll do anything she can to protect herself.
Exactly m8. She used the words "brick bats" when speaking about Douglas Ross's points. I would certainly like to take a brick bat to her. And frankly, she uses the word "frankly" too much, frankly.

When is this power trip going to end, it should be up to the individual if they want to attend what we've already paid for .

I now think we could well have a full crowd for Malmö. If not then for Dunfermline.

certainly believe it’ll most definitely be full for the Old Firm game
I cannot see GCC permitting us a full house against the Yahoos. I bet it will only happen after that game.

Can we apply to move the Celtic game to Match Day 11? Did they not do something similar last year? I mean, I'd be happy to thrash them on Match Day 4, but I'd rather be in to see it.

It's mental though, isn't it? Might almost have a full house.

Can't have a full house but you could still have 40,000. So technically only the odd empty seat dotted about the place. What good does that do?

In my opinion if we can't do the full staggered seating (no one in front, no one beside) like we've done in the friendlies then there's absolutely no point in having an empty seat every so often.

There has never been any logic to it I don't think - they make it up as they go along.

On a more optimistic note, the dhims have no less than four home games before 29th August and I find it impossible to believe GCC will deny their team a full house at some point during those games so 29th August might well be capacity also.

Back