Match Thread NK Maribor v Rangers - 19:15 Thursday - Premier Sports

IMO this is the biggest test yet for our new spine and our attacking threats greatest test. Maribor won't make the same 2 mistakes we capitalise on at Ibrox - of that we can be sure.

I can't agree with this. That big diddy of a centre back, who Morelos made to look like a burst sphincter come 90 minutes, he's not liable to give away another penalty or let him connect from a keeper's parry in the box again ?!

I don't disagree it's going to be hard...but don't underestimate our lads and this young manager who's been there and done it. He's won both the European competitions and speaks as if he's looking to do it again as a manager.

Our preparation should be exellent once again and we heard all this 'we'll certainly beat you' pish last week from Maribor. A first half today, like our second half last week(and I think that'll be Stevie's challenge to them) and it'll be burst sphincters all round for the Maribor loudmouths once again !

I'm hoping we'll score twice. Can anyone see them getting five ?!

I can't agree with this. That big diddy of a centre back, who Morelos made to look like a burst sphincter come 90 minutes, he's not liable to give away another penalty or let him connect from a keeper's parry in the box again ?!

I don't disagree it's going to be hard...but don't underestimate our lads and this young manager who's been there and done it. He's won both the European competitions and speaks as if he's looking to do it again as a manager.

Our preparation should be exellent once again and we heard all this 'we'll certainly beat you' pish last week from Maribor. A first half today, like our second half last week(and I think that'll be Stevie's challenge to them) and it'll be burst sphincters all round for the Maribor loudmouths once again !

I'm hoping we'll score twice. Can anyone see them getting five ?!

Surely to God that No4 of theirs doesn't get a game tonight??

Last edited:
If we play with the same discipline and intensity that we did in the 2nd half at Ibrox then there's only one team progressing.

Hope the 9 lads off the Clarkston Loyal bus out there have a great time and come home with a result.

If you do then the Grapes will be bouncing come around 9pm tonight.

It,s a long time since I felt this confident in regards to a Rangers team doing the business in Europe. 2 - 1 to the Gers

It'll be a tough game and the team will need to stay focussed for the whole 90 minutes.

I'm confident we'll score at least one goal and I'm also confident shagger will be up for it too.

If we keep a clean sheet we go through
If we score, we're very likely to go through
a 2-1 defeat sees us go through

can't see them not getting one, but can't see us not getting one either

Rangers to progress by whatever means

Really nervous about this one, especially since the tie could have been dead and buried already if it wasn't for a massive brain fart. This side are capable of beating up 2-0, We've no conceded an away goal yet those in either of the other two ties thought which is good.

I'm assuming Halliday will be LB so the only question for me will be whether Kent or Murphy starts on the left wing

Quietly confident about this one. They will score and we need to be patient but we will create chances as I think their defence is their weak spot.

Bit concerned about the left flank, but confident about the rest of the team. 1-1, I reckon.

Too close to call
I am going for 2-2
Just my gut instinct

Happy just to go through

Land at 7.15pm BST.

Will get this purchased just now and have sitting ready to stream across the works 4g SIM card. :D
Fucking dreading the bill coming in for my work phone.

Streamed the 1st leg on 4G and watched most of the papes game the other night on it too. Not home tonight either so same again.

Need a good cover I reckon :D

Feel we are a different team under the gaffer,preparation,man management,he will put the team out technically correct,and he will big every player up,and let them know exactly what is expected from them,last week this mobs one touch football was pretty good,but gone are the days that we would stand and admire it!for me we will have to win the midfield battle,they were complaining about our “physicality “.more of the same please Rangers,any clean sheet result for me.0-1 the Rangers.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

A difficult 90 minutes ahead, but we can do it. 1-0 victory will do just fine.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

This is a massive game tonight, and by far the biggest test to date for us.

We all know Maribor are no mugs, and we need to be at our best to get through tonight, even with the 2 goal lead. We need to attack down the right on the break, attempting to get at Suler at centre back as he looks woeful.

I’m nervous. This is not a gimme.

However it’s clear we won’t be just going to park the bus. We’ll have a plan to attack at the right moments. If we sit in for 90 we’ll concede at least 1.

The first goal (early if at all possible) would be great.

However this is Rangers so I expect the game will be in the balance until full time.

im very nervous about this, left back a big problem for me, they are a good outfit and will be a real test, all that said i think we will do it

I've got no nerves going in to this at all. I don't think we are a team now that will let them get the amount of goals they need. 1-1 draw and a ticket to the next round

Is Premier Sports on BT? I couldn't find it on the channel list.

So it might need to be first attempt at VPN onto RTV which I'm no sure about either.

Apart from my techie issues, I'm thinking a glorious 1-1 draw.

Right bunch of panty-wetters in this thread already. I'm going for a glorious 2-1 victory and a confident march into the next round. Man up, girly men.

A massive game for us, Maribor are a good team but then so are we.

Having Coulibaly, Jack and Arfield playing is a boost and makes us very strong in midfield. If we keep our concentration and use the ball properly we will be fine.

Maribor will come out quickly tonight we have to be up for it from the start and match the early tempo.

I’d take 1-1 just now but feel we can get a victory, 1-2 possibly.

Come on Rangers!!

An early goal for us would make things so much better, though I'll take any result that puts us through. I think we'll get a 1-1.

Really fancy us grabbing a goal. Hopefull that we can withstand what they throw at us and not conceding early on will be vital. Do they still play in all purple? Guessing we will be in white kit tonight?

Back