Match Thread NK Maribor v Rangers - 19:15 Thursday - Premier Sports

I like the way SG is talking. Big clubs don’t park the bus. He was never in a defensive Liverpool team and so far he has set us up to win every game.

Standards

we should play our usual (recent) game and be confident in our ability to match them and exceed them all over the park. By doing that we will take our chances but not be chasing a game that needs chasing or defending a lead that we know we can add to.

Last season I dreaded some games coz we where shite. This season I feel we can beat anyone. 5 at the back and compact in the middle, not the best way to play but it will get the job done

I'm rather nervy for some reason. Maybe to do with the deadlines i have tomorrow that i cant concentrate on.

1-1 I think. They have to come out and score so I'm figuring we'll get set up to counter that.

Massive game tonight.

The first goal will be super important. If they get it then its game on and it will be a nerve wracking affair.

If we get it then we should be fine as we dont look like a team that would lose 3 or 4 goals easily.

I want a performance straight out of the 2008 Uefa Cup run handbook please. Think Werder Bremen, Sporting Lisbon and Fiorentina all away from home.

Channel your Weir's, Cuellar's and your Walter's. And Shagger...just be Shagger please.

Don't think I could take another Bremen away performance - I would like us to cross the halfway line at some point!

A huge game this one; I really hope we get a goal sometime in the first half. Flanagan being out has left me slightly more pessimistic than I'd prefer to be, but we have a strong midfield and that prove too good for Maribor.

Really nervous about this one, especially since the tie could have been dead and buried already if it wasn't for a massive brain fart. This side are capable of beating up 2-0, We've no conceded an away goal yet those in either of the other two ties thought which is good.

I'm assuming Halliday will be LB so the only question for me will be whether Kent or Murphy starts on the left wing
Gerrard pretty much said yesterday during the press conference with Murphy he would be starting. Whether or not Kent fits in elsewhere I am unsure most likely be on the bench.

Feel like the team picks itself tonight, I would expect:

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Halliday
Jack
Coullibaly
Arfield
Murphy
Candeias
Morellos

We just have to play our normal game to be honest. We've never really looked troubled under Gerrard so far. Just keep things tight and try and nick a goal.

Big positives would be Ryan Jack coming through unscathed and another goal for our Buffalo Soldier.

I'm getting more and more nervous the closer we get to this game.

Hopefully get the first goal to settle the nerves, don't think I can deal with a back to the walls night.

Feel like the team picks itself tonight, I would expect:

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Katic
Halliday
Jack
Coullibaly
Arfield
Murphy
Candeias
Morellos

my thoughts as well
team of grafters with more flair avaliable if needed

Last edited:
opening 2omins are key! An early goal would seal it. Any bid for Morelos less than £7/8 is a joke. No time or guarantee of a decent replacement.

Slightly nervous going into this but in a good way.

Would take the most boring 0-0 of all time but reckon we can go over there and win so predicting 2-1 Rangers.

It’s going to be tough, but we’v Shown that we are solid and dangerous on the break.
One thing that has really impressed me is how we can quickly go from defence to attack in a few passes - something else we’ve missed.

Excited :D

I hope I'm not jinxing it but I don't have any real nerves ahead of tonight. I have full trust in the team and I can't see any way that we are going out tonight. You can all blame me if it goes tits up btw

Very nervous about this one.

Concede first and this turns into a huge test for our team.

Crucial we are more clinical than previous away games, if we break on them need to pick the right option and finish much better.

Usual concern for me. Hope for the best, expect the worst. A 1st half like last week and we're out.
I think we'll go through after some scares.

Very nervous about this one.

Concede first and this turns into a huge test for our team.

Crucial we are more clinical than previous away games, if we break on them need to pick the right option and finish much better.

We have never conceded first under Steven Gerrard.

A boy that travels on our bus just told us some Maribor fans appeared at the square and started throwing bottles. He’s got a cut to his arm.

Unfortunately there is reports that Osijek fans have appeared in Maribor

Apologies if already posted.

Back