Match Thread NK Maribor v Rangers - 19:15 Thursday - Premier Sports

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
bVAvi2w.png

Last edited:
Get a goal and we'll be almost there. Lose an early one and it'll be the Mother of Squeaky Bum Times. Still confident we'll have enough to go through. Ain't making a prediction. Just gonna say. C'MON THE RANGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on Rangers! Feeling a 2-1 win for us, think we'll sit in and we'll hit them on the counter, Maribor will in no way sit back, they'll go for it knowing they got the away goal at Ibrox.

Also want Progres to go through, fate is a fantastic thing at times, especially if we are able to knock out Maribor then Progres and move into the Group Stages of the Europa League.

Think we should go for the throat on this one. A single goal would seal it, and we know now that we're more than capable of scoring.

Also, not to jinx it, but we've scored at least one in all our competitive matches under Gerrard bar one game, and we haven't conceded more than one goal in any games yet. Given we only need one of those two stats to hold true for us to go through tomorrow, I'm feeling confident.

Doc’s header states Premier TV showing the game. Am I right in thinking RTV will also be airing to viewers outside UK?

2 nil Rangers, I really think Maribor will come out the traps quick and we'll counter and get the first goal early doors. Then later in the game we will grab a second.

I really hope I'm correct.

Doc’s header states Premier TV showing the game. Am I right in thinking RTV will also be airing to viewers outside UK?

Yes mate on RTV as normal 'outside the UK' :D

I'll go 1-1.

Predict:

Greegsy
Tav Goldson Katic Halliday
Coulibaly Jack Arfield
Candeias Morelos Murphy

Toughest game of the season so far.

Getting into the Europa League Group Stage - after having to go through 4 qualifying rounds (3 of them unseeded) would be a fantastic achievement and a real short in the arm to the club.

Get through this tie and we have a real chance.

Which is why tomorrow night is going to be excruciating. A long and sweaty 90 minutes, just as long as we've got the right result at the end of it.

Looking through the sky guide I see that freesports channel 422 are showing the full game on Friday night between 8-10pm.

1 each, they'll go ahead and be putting us under the cosh looking for a second and we'll hit them on the break.

Im worried with halliday at lb I really hope he does well though
Same here. Actually I’m worried about both full back areas. Both are defensive weak points and I’m worried about Tav and Halliday being caught out of position and their inability to block out crosses.We’re only as strong as the weakest link. Hopefully we’ll keep it tight but not invite them on to ourselves by sitting in too deep. We should try and push for a goal, even if on the counter or at set pieces which would mean they’d need 4 to avoid defeat. We have the players to do this. With the full backs we have for this game I fear we may lose one goal at least. Naturally I hope I’m wrong.

Would be a great achievement to go through. The first half of the 1st leg showed how difficult tomorrow will be.

I’ve got a feeling SG will do one of two things......go with the 4231 and try and harass them right from the off, or go with a back 3 and keep it tight,

Gerrard seems to have a bit of bravery about his approach and will go with a back 4

Would be a great achievement to go through. The first half of the 1st leg showed how difficult tomorrow will be.

I’ve got a feeling SG will do one of two things......go with the 4231 and try and harass them right from the off, or go with a back 3 and keep it tight,

Gerrard seems to have a bit of bravery about his approach and will go with a back 4
4-5-1 tomorrow with Alfie covering every blade of grass,10 times over.Need a solid,competent midfield.

Just watched the Gaffers interview.

Watched the Maribor game again after the interview and then listened to the interview again.

The Gaffer recognises the threats that Maribor can present, we seen that at Ibrox. This is a tough tough tie.

Every Rangers player is going to have to be at the absolute top of their game tomorrow night.

IMO this is the biggest test yet for our new spine and our attacking threats greatest test. Maribor won't make the same 2 mistakes we capitalise on at Ibrox - of that we can be sure.

Solid At The Back Rangers!

Solid at the back!

We go 3 down in the first half
Get an away goal on the 88th minute to keep us in the tie
Cling on for dear life for the remaining 2 minutes, plus 7 minutes of injury time.
Go down to ten men on the 99th minute
Hang on by the skin of our teeth through extra time

Go through on penalties

Seriously though,
I think we'll get the away goal, and would be dumbfounded if we conceded 3.
Still nervous mind

Back