Match Thread NK Maribor v Rangers - 19:15 Thursday - Premier Sports

Only Scottish team left in Europe in the middle of August. Not bad going for a "new" club who the rest of Scottish football done their best to try and kill us off. Absolutely superb.

But I don't think we are the only team left. Sure the manky mob go into the next play off round.

Just where do you start with that? Brilliant, disciplined away performance.

Shagger was top class, the two centre backs solid as a rock. As our 3rd choice left back, Halliday stood up to the challenge. Ryan Jack played like Kante, Arfield was everywhere and Morelos lead the line magnificently. Great team performance with no failures.

Boys, we’ll lose some games. Well have some poor performances. But by %^*&, I think we’ve got our Club back.

Well done everyone on the park tonight,played great as a team!
Pity the luxemburgers did not get through as it would have been less hassle for the team but feck it,two games away from the group stages.
Never thought i would be saying that a month ago due to the draw we could get and so many new players in the team

Who would have thought we would make it to the 4th round with a really good chance of the group stages? I was expecting 2 or 3 legs! Fantastic to have these European games again.

Steven Gerrard & Co have worked wonders with a limited budget in a very short time.
Incredible change in fitness, technique, intelligence application and attitude. These are exciting times.
Also a big thanks to Dave King and the board for having the vision to go for Stevie G !!

Last edited:
A wee peek at the KD st website suggests the panic is taking grip.....

------------------------

16 Aug 2018, 09:00 PM
IainG
16 Aug 2018, 08:49 PM
Despite our ridicule when he arrived does anyone think that there's a slim, outside chance that gerrard actually knows what he's doing?

Iain - nobody knows whether he or his team are any good. By October/November we will have a reasonable idea.
Of course there are those on here won’t countenance any possibility of them giving us a contest. In all probability they’re the same people who said AEK were pish and we would murder them.

---------------------------------

Lovely .....

What a superb performance from whole team. Great to have McGregor back makes the whole team steady.

Never a penalty but great save anyway.

Just where do you start with that? Brilliant, disciplined away performance.

Shagger was top class, the two centre backs solid as a rock. As our 3rd choice left back, Halliday stood up to the challenge. Ryan Jack played like Kante, Arfield was everywhere and Morelos lead the line magnificently. Great team performance with no failures.

Boys, we’ll lose some games. Well have some poor performances. But by %^*&, I think we’ve got our Club back.
McCoist, Warburton and Murty would have used the same tactics as the home leg, and ballsed it up. That was the key difference

Well done Rangers, a great performance from all. But boy I am knackered, a bit nervy at times but all in all a great team effort from everyone. Let's Go

I thought we played a good team game.
Rarely were we worried, we held good shape.
Played good passes when on the ball, nice triangles.
Great covering and double up by the team.
We are dangerous going forward but lack something, a signing or two can fix that.
How many of us stood up and screamed Shagger you can do this.
Alan Macgregor thank you.
Stevie G has built this team not to lose.
Buzzing

What a spine in the team, something that's been lacking for years.

McGregor, Goldson and Katic were awesome tonight. They could play another 90 and not score. 1 decent chance we gave up and another the ref gave them.

You have to love mcgregor, loving all the comments from the guys on how much they adore him! If you love him think how us bearette's rate him ;)
Well done Rangers.

We progressed with a good performance all round, but we can and will get better, a little more composure on the break and we could have won that game.

I’m delighted but this team is just gelling.

Just back from pub, fantastic, professional performance. Stevie G is the reverse Pedro - his teams come out refreshed and clued in after the break. His start to a managerial career has been nothing short of perfect. Man love for McGregor and Goldson - colosseses tonight, but they were all great. Buzzing!

Back