Match Thread NK Maribor v Rangers - 19:15 Thursday - Premier Sports

I was trying to fix my phone throughout the game, the amount of times I heard ''Goldson with the clearance" etc
I take it he had a good game :D

Slovenian polis are total scum, turned on the front of the march for no reason, batons and CS gas on old boys and at least 3 women. I tried to help one guy who couldn’t see and the cops told us to move, “you’re not safe here”. Me and another guy had to carry the boy to the game.

Scum. Shaking hands with each other, and clapping each other on the back afterwards.
Thats not good they just weighed in for no reason, and then they are heroes.

McGregor, Goldson, jack, f*ck the whole team....even halliday! They were all a credit to our club!

Media have already started to play down the result but remember bears that was a sterling away performance against a very well set up team.

Well played the famous!!

Heading off out now to the battle cruiser. See all you guys back here in a few hours for alcohol fueled recriminations or talk of world domination:)

C'MON THE GERS

So world domination it is.:D

Had a few so don't hold me to account too much, but I have a simple observation that I'm sure will resonate with us all.

The Managers demeanor and confidence from almost day one is the reason why we stand here today.
We have all sung the words almost ad nauseam but they ring true more than ever they did.

"We're e're we go we fear no foe, We''ll keep the blue flag flying high"

Great result tonight - you can always pick holes in the performance but by god when you have a solid defence (like we have) then you will pick up some silverware.

Onwards and upwards - we can surely beat this next mob and if we do it will be some turnaround on the money we have spent.

Delighted. Thought we'd go through, lost a bit of confidence when I heard Coulibaly was out. We're a proper team now, though I think we need goalscorers. Morelos leads the line well, but he's not clinical enough.

153be43.jpg

Slovenian polis are total scum, turned on the front of the march for no reason, batons and CS gas on old boys and at least 3 women. I tried to help one guy who couldn’t see and the cops told us to move, “you’re not safe here”. Me and another guy had to carry the boy to the game.

Scum. Shaking hands with each other, and clapping each other on the back afterwards.

Shocking.
Stay safe

Pure dead brilliant. Although I have to say it was hard going to watch at times and I don't really want our Alan to be man of the match in too many games but tonight he was brilliant. Freddy did his best up front but must be getting a bit down at not getting a supply of decent balls and having two or three on to him every times he gets the ball.
At half time I liked the way SG walked over the pitch to the dressing room with hands in pocket looking totally confident in the team.
Now we are off thousands of miles to Russia so we don't get it easy but who cares we take it in our stride and march on.
As they say in the building trade. Nae Bother.

What a game.
What a Team.
Im Buzzing but Stevie G has us living the Dream.
Book Baku now as our Gaffer does not lose.
Great team spirit, defended well.
Loved the pressing and doubling up.
When in possession good movement small triangles and we are dangerous attacking.
Although we do need another attacking player or two.
Shagger on that penalty.
I knew he was going to save it.
We have a real team now bears and bearettes it can only get better.
Buzzing!

Not the finished article but the attitude change from last year is worth millions. Everyone knows their job and applies themselves 100%. Great work ethic and team spirit allied with tactical know how a credit to a manager who let's not forget is a rookie.

Think I have found the teams plane returning, its a Croatian Airways Airbus A319-112; @ 26000ft descending over Newcastle. It wont
show on Glasgow arrivals, but you will get it on planefinder.net; will probably land in about 30 mins. Flight Callsign - CTN 9495.:cool: Landed 02:44 am

Last edited:
We were comfortable for long stretches of the match. One free kick in the first half took us by surprise but shagger saved brilliantly. In the second half, the only time they had a look in was when their captain tried to flick it past McGregor, but he saved it with his foot. Then came the non-penalty and what a save. Now onto Russia. I remember watching the Prince of Denmark thrashing Alania Vladikavkaz 7-2 on their patch and I have a feeling we may just pull off a win there this time round. But first, the home game.

Three MONTHS..... it’s taken us three months to go from that mess at the end of last season to where we are now.

Just think about that.....

Don't get me wrong, we're not the finished article by a long way, but the level of turnaround in such a short space of time is unbelievable.

We're only going to get better and we've probably got the best man we could possibly have at this moment in time steering the ship.

The future's bright....

I'm still buzzing from last night.

I was dubious at first but now I stress, there's nobody I'd rather have in our dugout than Stevie G. He just gets it. He's got an excellent tactical mind, knows when and how changes should be made, spends his budget very wisely and can spot a good player a mile off.

Long may it continue.

The difference between last season's defence and now is unreal. Reminds me of having Weir and Cuellar especially with Greegs behind them marshalling. Tremendous. Thought Arfield was immense. Fast becoming my favourite player in the squad just now.

To Russia!

This is going to sound like a negative but it not. I can't Believe how good this team is over a short space of time. How the hell has he managed to make Andy Halliday play well. It really puts in to context had bad the previous managers have been.
Well done boys

How good is it to be enjoying the football again?

As soon as the final whistle goes I can't wait for the next game

Keep it going bears

These feel good Friday mornings are becoming a habit :) :D

Brilliant performance once again, just wish we were more clinical in our finishing. Being made to eat humble pie about the return of McGregor as well :oops:. MotM for me last night.

This is going to sound like a negative but it not. I can't Believe how good this team is over a short space of time. How the hell has he managed to make Andy Halliday play well. It really puts in to context had bad the previous managers have been.
Well done boys
Got to disagree with you on this. I think it puts into context how good SG and his team are. There are a lot of things going into the mix of our squad. Including special, mystery ingredients that somehow make what are perceived to be limited players perform way above expectations. I don't know if anyone knows how it happens, but some managers can make the sum of their team greater than the individuals playing in it. For example Alex Ferguson's Aberdeen team with Doug Rougvie in it beat Real Madrid in a European final. Individually Rougvie was limited, but in that Aberdeen team he was somehow a key presence. It defies explanation. I don't want to jinx anything, but I think SG is showing he too can pick a team that collectively are capable of great results well beyond what the individuals in it could be expected to achieve. With key players out we've just put out Maribor, a team in very good form with a history of beating Scottish sides, 3-1 on aggregate. Room to spare!
SG's appointment is bringing about a time when bears can dare to dream! Goddammit I love Stevie G:)

Still jumping around celebrating McGregor's 90th minute penalty save from last night then minutes later the whistle blowing to send Rangers into the Play-off Round. Fucking hero!

Back