Match Thread NK Osijek v Rangers - Thursday 19:45 - Premier Sports/RangersTV.tv

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
wKYCWo6.png

Last edited:
Any win will do or a score draw at the very least. Hopefully see Coulibaly & Kent at some point as well.

Looking forward to this. I hope the team is as laid out in the other thread (so we'll see a midfield of Jack / Coulibaly / Ejaria, with Kent starting on the right wing)

We're doing this Rangers! Their main striker is out injured for both Second Round matches, take advantage. Going for a 2-1 win. Feeling confident as we have far better players than they do and we have a set of players playing every game to impress Gerrard to see who gets into his best Starting XI for the rest of the season. Would be absolutely gutted if we got knocked out by NK Osijek.

Any advance on the rumoured team? From another thread:

McGregor; Tavernier, Goldson, Katic, Flanagan; Jack, Coulibaly, Ejaria; Kent, Morelos, Murphy

Looking forward to this one now, I think we'll win both legs by a couple of goals. Will certainly be interesting to see how the new team copes with teams coming at them, the friendlies so far and both legs against Shkupi have been trying to break down stubborn banks of rigidly positioned players. I imagine Osijek will cause us more problems, but also leave us more space

As a bare minimum I expect us to score one and concede no more than 2.

Obviously I want win and would take a score draw but if anything it’s vital we get at least 1 away goal and concede as few as possible.

Pretty happy with the 'rumoured' team tomorrow! Kent on the left and Murphy on the right will provide some width to the team that we've been badly lacking and Eraria starting will provide some creativity to the midfield that we've also been lacking. Morelos should recieve a lot better service tomorrow in comparison to the other 2 games so far.

1-1 to the rangers!

Clean sheet and a win would be an outstanding result and that's what I'm hoping for. Add in coming home with no injuries or suspensions and I think we could be delighted with that.

The squad are now a further week into their preparations and training, so I'm expecting an improvement from the first round, and we will have to see that.

This game may well require patience though.

If Windass and Morelos actually do the jobs they are being paid for then I can see us getting a positive result ( score draw) to set up the second leg.
It's a measure of how far we ,as a club ,have been damaged over the past 6 years that we struggle to be be more positive than being prepared to accept a score draw as a good result.
Having said that I will be chancing my luck at 9/4 for a win.
Who knows ......

Does anybody know if the game is shown again on the Friday morning on some channel. I remember the last round second leg was on about 8 am but can't remember what channel it was. Anybody any info?

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Tough test for the team, but as usual I am confident they can get a decent result. 0-1 victory or 1-1 draw would set it up nicely for the home game.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Think Gerrard must know that the way we set up last time didn’t work. Windass can’t play out wide.

Hoping we see a different shape - I’d be very intrigued to see a double pivot of McCrorie and Coulibaly (if he’s fit).

Does anybody know if the game is shown again on the Friday morning on some channel. I remember the last round second leg was on about 8 am but can't remember what channel it was. Anybody any info?
sky 422 freesport cant advance it enough to see if its been shown ?

I would be reasonably happy with a score draw aswell depending on how that comes about. I don't want to see us have to defend for 90 minutes because we can't keep the ball. Even if we score a equaliser.

One things for sure though if we only draw no matter what happens the match thread and bed wetters on here will get tore in regardless.

Pretty happy with the 'rumoured' team tomorrow! Kent on the left and Murphy on the right will provide some width to the team that we've been badly lacking and Eraria starting will provide some creativity to the midfield that we've also been lacking. Morelos should recieve a lot better service tomorrow in comparison to the other 2 games so far.

1-1 to the rangers!

Has it been suggested that's where Murphy and Kent will start?

I'll be surprised if that's the case. I would expect Murphy to start on the left and Kent on the right.

Morelos should know he has a point to prove. If he wants to be Stevie Gers main striker he must start performing and scoring. He certainly has the ability.

Ejaria in the no10 role it looks like.

He’s shown flashes of picking apart defenses so hopefully he can kick on

McGregor
Tavernier Goldson Katić Flanagan
Coulibaly Jack Ejaria
Kent Morelos Murphy
If rumours are correct. Interesting changes.

Back