Match Thread NK Osijek v Rangers - Thursday 19:45 - Premier Sports/RangersTV.tv

I didn't once feel like we were in trouble despite the pressure they tried to put us in. A couple of early half chances and a save from McGregor were all they had. The rest was controlled and mostly comfortable defending.

Haven't said that too often the last few years.

Great result....first team to keep clean sheet there in 18 years and out first away win in a decade.

Full backs poor, and midfield vanished in 2nd half but time still on training ground to keep learning, adapting, pushing.
I think Gerrard set us out to come away fairly unscathed from a tricky Eropean away tie. If we managed a couple of goals then fine but don't go Gung Ho and end up giving space and conceding.

I’m being premature in saying it’s his third game? :D I’ve not said he’s a disaster signing I said he’s not impressed in the games he’s played ffs. Sorry I’ve not brought my pom poms and cheerleader outfit tonight!

I normally agree with a lot of your posts but I can’t agree Flanagan has been poor I’d have said he was 7/10 in the last two games and 6/10 this time.

I think he will generally be a 7/10 player generally. Steady but lacking going forward.

Last edited:
I normally agree with a lot of your posts but I can’t now Flanagan has been poor I’d have said he was 7/10 in the last two games and 6/10 this time.

I think he will generally be a 7/10 player generally. Steady but lacking going forward.
I thought he was poor tonight. Got outmuscled, caught out of position, sclaffed clearances. at awful moments... I just don't think he was very good. Nothing horrendous in the other games but absolutely nothing that was impressive. Standard would be as far as the generosity would go for his previous two matches. Poor tonight though without a doubt for me. I don't think I am a lone voice in that.

We'll see as the season goes on. I think too many are going with "solid defensively" because he offers nothing going forward, to be honest. Let's see.

Great result tonight and you can see there is still plenty of improvement to come from individuals and the team , which I can only see as a positive.

Bit of metal toughness about that performance that i personally haven’t seen from a Rangers side since probably Walters teams.

love it

(Although stopping them win the league at Ibrox in McCoists last season in the top flight was a rough performance)

Are we on the telly next Thursday lads? Those fucking FlyBe reprobates screwed me tonight. Should have been in the house by 8pm to watch and ended up taking off at 8:30 missing almost everything. Wankers

Great result, would have bitten your hand off for it before the game if offered. Away win in Europe for the first time in yonks with a team that is still gelling, can't ask for any more than that.
It was all about not conceding tonight, and if possible sneak an away goal, mission accomplished on both fronts. For the first time in ages, I was able to watch crosses coming in to our box, where I was quietly confident we had the aerial power to deal with them, and not have to listen to the commentator say the word "goal"after it.
The "spine"is there, the creativity and silky stuff will come later.
The message is already out there, we are a different beast ( and still to bet meaner), than the last few seasons. Bring it on.

I see they beat Austria Vienna as well as PSV away from home last year, so next week could be a tricky encounter. Would be great if we could start quickly and grab that first goal.

Great result & good overall performance
We maybe let them into it a bit more than they deserved - although they give the impression they could be a decent side

I still think they can cause us problems at Ibrox - again if we let them
It will be interesting to see how we deal with them at home - it's only half time of course

I see they beat Austria Vienna as well as PSV away from home last year, so next week could be a tricky encounter. Would be great if we could start quickly and grab that first goal.

Agreed. This tie is far from over. They are a very decent team.
I think it will be a score draw at Ibrox.

Latest posts

Back