Match Thread NK Osijek v Rangers - Thursday 19:45 - Premier Sports/RangersTV.tv

Happy with that result tonight and another clean sheet. Certainly should be in good form for the first game of the season. Hopefully we can get a couple of early goals at Ibrox to finish them off next week

For the most part i agree with my fellow Bears, however I just don’t see it in Ejaria. I was also less than impressed by Kent as an attacking force, although I admit he did a power of work defensively. I’d much prefer Murphy wide left and would like t see Candeias back on the right to team up with Tav. We are still missing that creative midfielder though who will pull the strings. However tonight is not a night to moan, I’m happy with the victory and the clean sheet and away goal to take back to Ibrox

Based on this game, he’s had a terrible night. Seems very uncomfortable on the ball or even clearing.

He was cool as ice near the end turning the attacker and stroking the ball out to MF.

But saying that I agree it he had some shakey moments.

It wasn't perfect, especially in the second half but that was still a very organised, solid performance and a brilliant result. Delighted for Morelos especially. His best game for us in months and he took his goal really well.

That puts to bed a lot of the doubts about Gerrard and lack of experience. He can organise and motivate a team no doubt. He's got more effort and discipline out of that group of players in 3 games than Pedro and Murty in a season and a half. Now add the guile and creativity.

The third best team in Scotland beating the fourth best team in Croatia is a good result by most measures and for most sane people. Comparatively, their country is producing footballers that are far better than ours. It's our third game under a new manager and our third clean sheet in competitive football. It's a massive improvement on our result last season against a team from Luxembourg that we lost 2-0 to away in Europe. Over the last 20 years, far better Rangers sides have struggled in Europe against relatively comparable opposition. In the next leg, we only have to avoid losing 1-0 to go to penalties or by more to avoid being knocked out. If you want to be negative about it then feel free. Don't think for a second it's based on logic.
I am delighted with the result as it puts us a step nearer to the next round, room for improvement? Yes and I do t think I’ll be the only person saying it...

Good result, strong and solid in middle of defence, got caught out on the wings though.

Not really creating much though, and slack in possession at times, (the only negatives for me).

But, its really something to build on, and once our new players gel in with rest of squad l think we'll do well, onwards and upwards.

Would've taken 1-0 before the game so we've got to be happy with that.

Still didn't look comfortable in possession at times and they team doesn't seem balanced IMO. I think we (and Tav) miss Candeias wide right.

From what I've seen so far, Ejaria is a bit of a luxury player that wants far too much time on the ball...time that he won't get in Scotland.

Would have taken less than that before the game. A great result for us at this point in the season. Need to keep on building and the good thing is very few of the starters tonight will have the same fear of playing at home.

Good result and performance in bits. Defence looks solid and McGregor looks as good as 10 years ago.

Still work to be done but the players are still getting up to full fitness. Thats 3 games in 3 weeks for the majority of that team and we had 2 players making their debuts.

Still to concede a goal and marching on in Europe. On to the home leg...

30saro5.jpg
I love his wee punch!

Good first half and a nice goal. Second half not so good but still did not concede. If I am being honest I thought Tav was poor tonight and the guy with the hair net always looked like laying on a goal.
Well done to those who were there to support us even if the cameras only gave a second or two of our Bears.
the real downside is Premier Sports. Were our commentators in Glasgow watching the game on TV. Coverage ended without a comment and thankfully I have this free for two months on Virgin Media cos its not worth paying for.
Look forward to seeing us get a few goals next week. Onwards and upwards.

Very good result I thought the new signings all did well will be a hard game at home but with hard work and the players getting to know each other games better, we should progress.

When SG works out who should be backing up Morelos, we will have some player, his work rate tonight was awesome. Such a shame there was no one there to collect the ball from him.

Prefer Murphy on the left. Coulibaly looked good for his first start. Kent good at times as well for his first game. Great result and a decent performance. That team were technically very good though and will be tough at Ibrox.

I'm not really a regular to the FF match thread but I've occasionally scan read the threads after being at the game and couldn't believe they were commenting on the same game.
This one unfortunately confirmed my reason for giving the matchday thread a bodyswerve.
So much negativity from the first minute to the last.
Still, I suppose it gives some folk some legitimacy to greatly increase their post count and appear to be true Rangers fans while at the same time denigrate the team at every given opportunity.
I think from now on I'll revert to type and give the matchday threads a miss and just concentrate on enjoying my football!

Good first half and a nice goal. Second half not so good but still did not concede. If I am being honest I thought Tav was poor tonight and the guy with the hair net always looked like laying on a goal.
Well done to those who were there to support us even if the cameras only gave a second or two of our Bears.
the real downside is Premier Sports. Were our commentators in Glasgow watching the game on TV. Coverage ended without a comment and thankfully I have this free for two months on Virgin Media cos its not worth paying for.
Look forward to seeing us get a few goals next week. Onwards and upwards.

I agree Tav didn't play that well tonight, by why are fans holding him accountable for their left back having a good game? That's Murphy's job...

I'm not really a regular to the FF match thread but I've occasionally scan read the threads after being at the game and couldn't believe they were commenting on the same game.
This one unfortunately confirmed my reason for giving the matchday thread a bodyswerve.
Still, I suppose it gives some folk some legitimacy to greatly increase their post count and appear to be true Rangers fans while at the same time denigrate the team at every given opportunity.
I think from now on I'll revert to type and give the matchday threads a miss and just concentrate on enjoying my football!

Just like Ibrox on a match day tbh...

I woukd have bitten your hand off for a 1-0 win before the game so I am delighted. I know we kept a clean sheet but the defence worries me a little.

I agree Tav didn't play that well tonight, by why are fans holding him accountable for their left back having a good game? That's Murphy's job...

Just like Ibrox on a match day tbh...

Agreed , Tav struggled badly against him but %^*& me Murphy did zero to help

I agree.

It was a great result for us Bears.

Love your positivity and agree.

Simple fact is, on match threads especially, we're not all Bears sadly.

Great away result with a team that barely knows each other.

What channel will the return leg be on?

Will the well oiled machine that is Premier Sports be running it? :rolleyes:

Should be taking 2 or 3 off this mob at Ibrox.

This team are no mugs. Fortune and an honest referee smiled on us at times tonight. I will delighted with another clean sheet First n foremost as that’s job done but if we charge forward they are well capable of getting behind the full backs and hurting us.
In saying that I do think we can win the game again next week. still a lot to do. Let’s go

Back