Nnamdi Ofoborh - "There's been progress"

Hopefully we get to see him at some point!

Hope this doesn't sound in poor taste as it's not meant that way but I take it the club would have insurance for this sort of thing? Not sure how it works with injuries etc

Something wrong with your heart would be a massive worry. Good thing is it’s been picked up and hopefully he will have a long and healthy life hopefully also get back to playing.
Only needs to look at Goldson for inspiration.

Wish him all the best for his recovery, but if it's anything as serious as the problem that the likes of Eriksen has (and I have no idea whether it is or not) then it would be better for him just to retire.

In the case of Eriksen, he shouldn't be returning to playing at any sort of competitive level in my view, as it's unfair to his opponents more than anything else. Who is going to want to go into a tackle on him if it's in the back of their minds that there's a chance that the same thing could happen again if they do?

Wish him all the best for his recovery, but if it's anything as serious as the problem that the likes of Eriksen has (and I have no idea whether it is or not) then it would be better for him just to retire.

In the case of Eriksen, he shouldn't be returning to playing at any sort of competitive level in my view, as it's unfair to his opponents more than anything else. Who is going to want to go into a tackle on him if it's in the back of their minds that there's a chance that the same thing could happen again if they do?

Where to begin with this drivel........

Might not be the same heart issue, but he can always use big Connor as a template for how things can turn out.

Fingers crossed for him, what a nightmare and hope he is fit and healthy soon to start playing and begin his rangers career

Where to begin with this drivel........
Pardon me for having an opinion, and expressing it on an internet forum. That is what this is, yes?

At least have the courage of your own conviction to climb down off your high horse for two minutes to enlighten me as to why my opinion is drivel.

Pardon me for having an opinion, and expressing it on an internet forum. That is what this is, yes?

At least have the courage of your own conviction to climb down off your high horse for two minutes to enlighten me as to why my opinion is drivel.
Ok. You admit know nothing about either condition. But in your opinion Eriksen and Ofoborh should both retire. Who needs Cardiologists eh?........

You also seem to be of the opinion that tackles cause on field heart attacks. Everytime I've seen this happen no one has been near the guy who's collapsed. Apologies if that's not what you meant but thats how it reads

Ok. You admit know nothing about either condition. But in your opinion Eriksen and Ofoborh should both retire. Who needs Cardiologists eh?........

You also seem to be of the opinion that tackles cause on field heart attacks. Everytime I've seen this happen no one has been near the guy who's collapsed. Apologies if that's not what you meant but thats how it reads
Yes, I admit that I know nothing about their conditions. However, you seem to have missed (or simply ignored) that I said that IF what Ofoborh has is as serious as what caused Eriksen to collapse on the pitch, go into cardiac arrest, spend five days in hospital and subsequently have a pacemaker fitted, then yes, my opinion is that it would be better for him to retire.

Also, please show me where I said or implied that "tackles cause on field heart attacks"? Now that really is pure and utter drivel, completely removed from what I actually said and nothing but an attempt to put words in my mouth or completely revise what I actually said.

I have absolutely no idea why anything that I actually said has triggered you to the extent that it has. Maybe in future you may wish to bother taking the time to actually read what someone says before jumping in with both feet?

Yes, I admit that I know nothing about their conditions. However, you seem to have missed (or simply ignored) that I said that IF what Ofoborh has is as serious as what caused Eriksen to collapse on the pitch, go into cardiac arrest, spend five days in hospital and subsequently have a pacemaker fitted, then yes, my opinion is that it would be better for him to retire.

Also, please show me where I said or implied that "tackles cause on field heart attacks"? Now that really is pure and utter drivel, completely removed from what I actually said and nothing but an attempt to put words in my mouth or completely revise what I actually said.

I have absolutely no idea why anything that I actually said has triggered you to the extent that it has. Maybe in future you may wish to bother taking the time to actually read what someone says before jumping in with both feet?
Your original post was ridiculously negative and full of ifs buts and maybes. The thread title is "Nnamdy Ofoborh - There's been progress". Yet you would appear to want him to chuck it, and for that matter Erikson too. This boy is our player and we want to see him recover and run out in a blue jersey after overcoming these problems.

I read exactly what you said and in my reply even apologised if that wasn't what you meant when you said "Who is going to want to go into a tackle on him if it's in the back of their minds that there's a chance that the same thing could happen again if they do?" What else are you saying then?

As for 'triggered', I wasn't the one underlining and using bold block capitals.

The level that people seem to need to stoop to on a thread where all we really to do is wish a player of ours well is sad. Really poor form.

Your original post was ridiculously negative and full of ifs buts and maybes. The thread title is "Nnamdy Ofoborh - There's been progress". Yet you would appear to want him to chuck it, and for that matter Erikson too. This boy is our player and we want to see him recover and run out in a blue jersey after overcoming these problems.

I read exactly what you said and in my reply even apologised if that wasn't what you meant when you said "Who is going to want to go into a tackle on him if it's in the back of their minds that there's a chance that the same thing could happen again if they do?" What else are you saying then?

As for 'triggered', I wasn't the one underlining and using bold block capitals.
Thanks for confirming that you paid absolutely no attention to what I actually said in my original post, and instead just read into it what you wanted to.

I'll say it again, don't put words in my mouth. Show me where I said or implied that I "want him to chuck it"? What I want, which is what I am pretty sure the vast majority of people on this forum want, is for him to put his health first. If there is even a chance that what he has could lead to the same problem as befell Eriksen in the middle of a game, what do you suggest he should do? Just keep playing until out of the blue the same thing happens to him during a game and hope that he recovers while his teammates form a circle round him as the St John's ambulance guys perform CPR on the pitch?

As for my second point, and I know you've already demonstrated that you have difficulty with seeing things from a viewpoint different to yours, but just try really hard for a moment to consider the perspective of an opponent lining up in the team against Eriksen, a guy who they know has collapsed on the pitch previously, had to be resuscitated, taken to hospital and is now fitted with a pacemaker, are you seriously going to want to go into a 50/50 or other potentially forceful contact challenge with the same intensity as you would when going in against someone with a clean bill of health, knowing what the potential (again, read, potential) consequences might be? How the fk you equate that scenario to me suggesting the sweeping generalisation that "tackles cause on field heart attacks" is frankly beyond me, and to be honest just smacks of deliberately reaching, for whatever purpose you intended.

All of the above is now spelled out for you as much as it possibly can be.

Back