Nnamdi Ofoborh

Madjid Moments

Apologise if I’ve missed it, but has there been any update on this lad and his medical condition?

He’s only 22 and we don’t know yet if we have a player there or not.

Anyone close to the club know if he is likely to be involved next season?

I know not every heart issue is the same etc but Christian Eriksen had a heart attack, died, was brought back, recovered and now playing in the EPL.

What actually is wrong iwth Ofoborh?

I know not every heart issue is the same etc but Christian Eriksen had a heart attack, died, was brought back, recovered and now playing in the EPL.

What actually is wrong iwth Ofoborh?
Im not sure. Was always just reported as a heart condition. I hope the lad get a chance to show when Gerrard and his team were keen on him.

Im not sure. Was always just reported as a heart condition. I hope the lad get a chance to show when Gerrard and his team were keen on him.

I hope so as well but if we're going to be brutally honest, how many signings from the lower leagues in England have turned into a success?

It has only ever been said it was a "heart issue"

Wish him all t he best, it must be horrific knowing you have such an issue and also having to watch on for so long.

Christ.

That’s exactly what we will do to an employee that has a potential life threatening medical condition that prevents him from doing his job.

The club have a duty of care.
Exactly! If the worst case scenario happened and he couldn’t play pro again then we should be putting him through all his badges. And if he wants it there should be a coaching role or a job behind the scenes.

Ignore the heart issue for a moment.

How a guy who was punted on loan to Wycombe from Bournemouth was ever going to come up here with his mate Jack Simpson and do anything other than flop, it was always going to be inevitable.
Dreadful signing.

A signing you just knew wouldn’t work from day one, again without predicting the heart issue which is obviously a shame for the guy.

I think the Fotmob app has pretty consistently had him down for a late May 2022 return… effectively next season.

He played around a dozen matches last season between Bournemouth and Wycombe - I think this issue was identified at his Rangers medical?

Hopefully he is clear of issues and can get a good pre-season under his belt before kicking on with Rangers.

Christ.

That’s exactly what we will do to an employee that has a potential life threatening medical condition that prevents him from doing his job.

The club have a duty of care.
It’s business mate these things happen Eventually time runs out and there needs to be a settlement

How a guy who was punted on loan to Wycombe from Bournemouth was ever going to come up here with his mate Jack Simpson and do anything other than flop, it was always going to be inevitable.
Dreadful signing.

A signing you just knew wouldn’t work from day one, again without predicting the heart issue which is obviously a shame for the guy.
Just like that player we got from Wigan via Bristol City, Rotheram & Shrewsbury. Absolute waste of money eh? Send him back I say, tell him to take his 2000 goals and assists and top European goalscorer award with him too.

Dreadful signing.

In fairness to him, he did well in his first loan spell at Wycombe. Second time around he had niggling injuries and the Wycombe manager has admitted he didn't want to play him at times and risk Ofoborh getting injured and his move to us being hampered. Not saying he'd have been fantastic for us but I was more optimistic about him than Simpson. Low bar but still.

Lundstram turned out to be great.
Scott Wright came back and had a decent end to the season.
James Sands starting to look like he can do a job for us.
Zukowski's absence turned out to be injury, not "Gio's taken one look at him and doesn't fancy him."
People just have a compulsive need to dive in head first and disparage somebody as a waste of a signing, no matter the circumstances. Utter nonsense.

Dreadful signing.

Good to see you writing him off as a flop for us without him kicking a ball.

Let's not forget that Connor Goldson had heart issues as well and look how he came out the other end of it.

We have a duty of care for players like this.

Dreadful signing.

Few million that’s cost in fees and wages

A few million? I really doubt it. Really, really doubt it

£500K Development fees plus signing on fees approx £1million

Both on 4 year contracts say £6K each per week 208 weeks x £12K = £2,496.000

Say both on £8K each per week 208 weeks x £16K = £3,328.000

Who’s to say there not on MORE per week

Really doubt you thought about it before posting , Really really doubt it

£500K Development fees plus signing on fees approx £1million

Both on 4 year contracts say £6K each per week 208 weeks x £12K = £2,496.000

Say both on £8K each per week 208 weeks x £16K = £3,328.000

Who’s to say there not on MORE per week

Really doubt you thought about it before posting , Really really doubt it
You are lumping Simpson into that. The poster was talking about ofoborh.

Bit of crossed wires.

But he would have cost us relative peanuts. And we probably are covered by insurance to some degree

Bit of crossed wires.

But he would have cost us relative peanuts. And we probably are covered by insurance to some degree

Much prefer using this outlay to secure quality at the club like Goldson

Bit of crossed wires.

Plus out of the two Simpson was the truly baffling one on paper. He was past the age of a young prospect and had barely kicked a ball for Bournemouth. Ofoborh had shown potential the prior season on loan at Wycombe, and seemed to have something about him. Simpson was just yet another example of whoever was identifying players over the last few years assuming that players from down south can just walk it up here. Signing Edmundson was meh, in my opinion, but that was more because it's a massive jump from Oldham in League Two to Rangers; he'd at least played regular first team football and done well. Simpson didn't have that on his résumé.

And even this season he looked like the novice needing talked through the game next to a teenage Leon King. Truly just a terrible signing.

It'll be a fantastic result for this lad if he can get back playing professional football in any capacity.

As long as Rangers stand by him and help him achieve that, that's all we can hope for right now.

Name me a DOF who hasn’t made a bad signing

Other directors of football making poor signings doesn't change that our recruitment over the last three transfer windows hasn't been particularly good. I've already acknowledged elsewhere we don't know how much of that is due to the budget constraints, but it doesn't change that the signings we have made over those windows have been rather underwhelming for the most part.

I hope so as well but if we're going to be brutally honest, how many signings from the lower leagues in England have turned into a success?
For starters one scored a goal in a European final this week and one was top scorer in the same competition despite being a right back.

Different definition of success but the likes of Halliday, Windass, Waghorn were also all successes and brought in for a limited outlay.

He will never play Football for Rangers and leave quietly when he contract expires, costing us a lot of money for nothing.

That was and is the update, please no more threads asking about him.

Much prefer using this outlay to secure quality at the club like Goldson
Thing is, we’re not gonna get another like that without series scoutting and a heavy dollop of luck.

Only reason we got Goldson for what we did was the question marks over his fitness, ability to play and health.

Back