No blame on gerrard today

Barker or Stewart is a matter of opinion, but tactically, why replace one winger with
Another against 10 men. Then play Kent through the middle when they camp in.
No room through the middle, and we need 2 wide men to stretch them. Kents threat removed.
Bad decision by SG.

His subs is his biggest problem i have with Gerrard when has he got a sub right.
Stewart should've been given a chance he has the ability to open a defence.

Bringing only Barker was bizarre , Stewart or even Ojo would have made more sense before him , Also , I’d say we brought Defoe on too early , we hardly created anything after that because we changed shape.

Was wanting Katic on earlier. celtc were offering nothing going forward and thought the big guy would have got us a goal. Kent should have stayed wide also with Stewart getting brought on to unlock a packed defence like he does every time hes asked to do it.
Against 10 men it was crying out for 2 wide men to hug the chalk and get behind them and stretch them.Never happened.Frustrating seeing Kent come inside to central areas and deeper for the ball.

I thought we should’ve replaced Alfie with Defoe and tried to keep the service getting to Defoe to put away. We’ve seen before that they can’t play together.

A lot of people on here were loving it when the bhigot got the filth job. Truth is he's not half as bad a manager as some make out and more to the point, he saw how we were set up, how we were tearing the arse out of them and changed it pretty quickly causing our defense, the CB's specifically, problems as soon as he made changes. As has been said: Barker instead of Stewart?

I felt that the manner the game was panning out it was a mistake to give the penalty to the wee man. He had missed some chances and with the pressure of not scoring against them i thought it was too much of a risk.

Only thing that knocked us out of rhythm was the scum going down for 5 mins after every challenge. Forster should of been booked after 1st time wasting job
Until the 96th minute I doubt we played 10 minutes of football from the 69th minute

That’s the only thing I’d question as well.
It wasn’t pace we needed it was a wee bit of trickery and a wee bit of something different.
Correct. Their defence was getting deeper and deeper and Barker didn't have the space he needed in behind to exploit and so contributed nothing. Stewart is just the kind of player who will pop up in the box and latch on to a loose ball and stick it in the net

We should have won. We set up right and went for them and without their keeper we would have got atleast one of them in. Progress we have made since he came in is enormous and seeing posts saying he has to go is insane. It was never going to be easy but a manager change is not an option.

Aribo should have been hooked for Stewart after an hour.

The bottom line is if we had VAR in Scotland we're sitting today with the League Cup trophy and everyone is declaring Gerrard a genius.

Bringing Barker on instead of Stewart was crazy
As I've said before, this was his only mistake. He didn't really set us up when they went down to 10, but at the same time, you need leaders on the pitch to help with that as well.

First post since final whistle yesterday.Watched the highlights and still can't believe we lost that game.As far as subs go, in hindsight I wouldn't made any.We dominated the game and have no criticism of the Gaffer at all.

Back