No crowds Ibrox

We have too many clubs in Scotland. Perhaps this will lead to a cull or see some small clubs merge?
Might not be a bad thing?

I don't necessarily disagree with the outcome, but I would have serious issue with this being the method.

We have too many clubs in Scotland. Perhaps this will lead to a cull or see some small clubs merge?
Might not be a bad thing?

Again with the merge pish?

We don't have too many clubs. We have 2 massive, dominant clubs that draw fans from all over the country at a time when the public aren't following football or going to local football matches (immediately prior to lockdown). Merging fans doesnt work. You end up with fans walking away and a horrible bastardised team that the local community just doesnt get behind.

We need the public to start going to football games when they are able to. We do not need to lose professional football teams.

If only the UK (the people and the politicians)
Would behave like the South Koreans and Germans we might actually get some sort of normal back.

That'll be Germany where DEL clubs met yesterday to discuss the projected 60million Euro hole in finances due to covid restrictions, possibly being a threat to the whole season. You mean that Germany?

While frustrating if we have to have a season of no crowds it's best for everyone's health.

So thats it no crowds any sports stadiums for forseable future possibly 6 months,no chance of going to Ibrox this season the club will have to have a think about season ticket renewals next season i have a feeling the only thing they could offer is a freeze on prices again i cant see what else they could do as this is main income for club i know its a long way off but unless a miricle vaccine found soon its looking grim getting back in for sometime :(

Most grateful for the solitary comma.

What do you suggest? If you want our club to survive that is.

15% reduction in the season ticket renewal wouldn’t kill the club.

as I’ve posted, they don’t have the normal out goings of police/stewards atgames, catering, printing as many programmes for each home game, cleaners. Etc

they’ve taken ST money, My gers memberships. They then want to charge people to get there photo in a banner at the stadium.

I’m not saying give people a free season ticket. But maybe a bit of a thanks for being loyal when many fans are maybe out of a job during this time.

as I said, taken for granted. it’s just expected .

That'll be Germany where DEL clubs met yesterday to discuss the projected 60million Euro hole in finances due to covid restrictions, possibly being a threat to the whole season. You mean that Germany?
Wasn't aware of that, thanks.
Still stand by my point about behaviour though. I work in Glasgow city centre and social distancing and mask wearing is as good as non existent in the evenings and groups from more than two households all falling about drunk and ignoring guidance inside buildings.

That’s the issue, the club know we have an emotional attachment so they know we’ll pay

Personally I think it’ll be disgusting if they charge the extra £50 for mygers or increase the ST prices next season, if we don’t get to any games this season - especially when you consider you could get 17 home games ppv for £170 (approx £280 less than the cheapest adult ST)
I don’t no income no club

Wasn't aware of that, thanks.
Still stand by my point about behaviour though. I work in Glasgow city centre and social distancing and mask wearing is as good as non existent in the evenings and groups from more than two households all falling about drunk and ignoring guidance inside buildings.

In fairness I'm only aware of it because I follow German ice hockey.

But Germany is looking at something like 20% of capacity at outdoor sporting events (football) and significant restrictions remaining on indoor events (ice hockey and handball). It's tough to know about their rules on concerts as Germany doesnt have a massive live music scene in the way that the UK does.

That’s the issue, the club know we have an emotional attachment so they know we’ll pay

Personally I think it’ll be disgusting if they charge the extra £50 for mygers or increase the ST prices next season, if we don’t get to any games this season - especially when you consider you could get 17 home games ppv for £170 (approx £280 less than the cheapest adult ST)
15% reduction in the season ticket renewal wouldn’t kill the club.

as I’ve posted, they don’t have the normal out goings of police/stewards atgames, catering, printing as many programmes for each home game, cleaners. Etc

they’ve taken ST money, My gers memberships. They then want to charge people to get there photo in a banner at the stadium.

I’m not saying give people a free season ticket. But maybe a bit of a thanks for being loyal when many fans are maybe out of a job during this time.

as I said, taken for granted. it’s just expected .
im afraid15% cut would damage the clubs finances dramatically. There is no income from the 4000 or so seats sold on home match days.There is no income from hospitality which is massive. There is no income from sales in the stadium on match days,pies bovril etc. There is no income from match day advertising. You don’t have to buy My Gers nor the photo in the stadium. Mark my words clubs are going to have massive financial difficulties the longer this goes on and this includes us overheads on a daily basis are huge.

The Premiership clubs will be fine financially mostly as long as they can continue streaming services. Next season is more of a worry

The championship and below though are all in severe danger.

Would a "thinning out" of smaller clubs be such a bad thing? Shite for their fans, but really there's far too many clubs for a wee country already.

How terribly sad. A real kick in the teeth for everyone. It’s just so very disappointing. One of the few things that many had to look forward to.

I am 100% not taking it. Would rather take my chance with the virus than %^*& knows what that they have come up with getting injected into me
You would as would I but the jack boot of the state is hell bent on not allowing that, backed by a cowed pathetic population. People so afraid of dieing they’ve willingly stopped living.

Reactions: GF1
stadiums in scotland are half empty at the best of times. There must be a way to get some fans in.

For us and them i guess the issue is getting to the grounds (public transport) and the fear of fans gathering outside the ground or trying to get tickets.

At the beginning of this we kept getting told outdoor events had low levels of transmission. Putting 5000 people into a stadium that holds 50k should have minimal risk. Though it may be cheaper just keeping the stadium shut

How can they say the trial games with fans the weekend before last and the Glasgow vs Edinburgh rugby were a success? What data was collected that shows them to be a success?

Why are we backtracking if these events were successful?

A further example of government making it up as we go along.

The virus is globally endemic and we live in a global society. We need to accept that and learn to live with it or see smaller clubs go under.
The issue is some quite literally can’t live with the virus....I’m of similar mindset that we need to get on with the important aspects of life.....football isn’t life or death though....whereas the virus has been for some.

There's no reason why they can't have controlled crowds at football. Backed by rules - no one under the influence, everyone wearing masks etc. You could easily fit 4000 into Ibrox with excessive social distancing.

Whats the difference between folk sitting in Ibrox or sitting in the pub?
Very few people in pubs and not crowding on public transport

There were countless folk on here telling us a few months ago that football of any kind wouldn’t be played this year, with or without fans, we were crazy to even think about it, a few weeks later football all over Europe resumed, several countries now have thousands of fans in attendance.

Things can and have changed pretty quickly.
Bojo said better times in spring.....maybe he means the weather

Back