No crowds Ibrox

148bear

Official Ticketer
So thats it no crowds any sports stadiums for forseable future possibly 6 months,no chance of going to Ibrox this season the club will have to have a think about season ticket renewals next season i have a feeling the only thing they could offer is a freeze on prices again i cant see what else they could do as this is main income for club i know its a long way off but unless a miricle vaccine found soon its looking grim getting back in for sometime :(

Amongst the doom and gloom of that PC yesterday they did seem reasonably optimistic on a vaccine being ready in the UK in the medium term. Certainly before the start of next season seems a real possibility.

I don't see why they don't allow 1000 into big stadia like ours and rotate the chance through our season tickets holders. There would be at least 20m squared space between fans.

100 % but that won’t be allowed by the donkeys running the country especially not for us.

Could be done perfectly safely especially in Ibrox but won’t happen.

Amongst the doom and gloom of that PC yesterday they did seem reasonably optimistic on a vaccine being ready in the UK in the medium term. Certainly before the start of next season seems a real possibility.

I won’t have a choice as I will have to take a Vaccine as I travel for work but with how quickly it’s been developed there is a high chance of serious side effects, People shouldn’t be made to take it but this is probably a discussion for the lounge.

I don't see why they don't allow 1000 into big stadia like ours and rotate the chance through our season tickets holders. There would be at least 20m squared space between fans.

1000 fans at Ibrox is pointless. It needs to be a meaningful number or nothing at all. 1/4 of capacity minimum.

I doubt if we'll see fans in grounds this season. Certainly not this side of Christmas. Lower league clubs could have mothballed but the decision to go ahead with a shortened season meant that clubs have signed players. Covid testing is a financial burden on smaller clubs. We've yet to see whether or not fans will embrace game by game paid streaming. Certainly a worry for Scottish football now - we'd probably have been better mothballing clubs in the lower leagues for the whole of the 20/21 season.

They will save on the cost of matchday police/stewards , paying the catering company to serve shite pies.

hopefully they give something like a 15% discount if you renew next season.

Club really takes us for granted sometimes

We will be fine regardless of what happens. I think they have obviously been working on getting proper streaming services in place at our club so we can offer fans the ability to see all our home games as thought they had a season ticket, which they will continue to do for as long as fans aren't allowed in the stadiums. The issue next season if this continues, which it looks like it will, might be the pricing, as you can't realistically ask fans to pay more for the same service everyone else is getting.

The virus is globally endemic and we live in a global society. We need to accept that and learn to live with it or see smaller clubs go under.

I won’t have a choice as I will have to take a Vaccine as I travel for work but with how quickly it’s been developed there is a high chance of serious side effects, People shouldn’t be made to take it but this is probably a discussion for the lounge.
I take your point about how quickly any vaccine will have been developed but you simply cant say "there is a HIGH chance of SERIOUS side effects".

I take your point about how quickly any vaccine will have been developed but you simply cant say "there is a HIGH chance of SERIOUS side effects".
At the moment a couple of trials have had to be stopped because of spinal cord inflammation. I think a safe vaccine is still a way off. But yes this is a topic for the lounge.

The club will need to be very careful on how they approach this.

If we have all shelled out huge sums of money just to sit in our living rooms and watch them win another league title due to corrupt referees and the same mistakes as the last few seasons then I feel the ST renewal numbers will fall off a cliff next year.

If we somehow win this league then renewals next season won’t be an issue regardless of how long stadiums remain closed.

That is why the club must stop the negligence regarding corrupt officials.

The club will need to be very careful on how they approach this.

If we have all shelled out huge sums of money just to sit in our living rooms and watch them win another league title due to corrupt referees and the same mistakes as the last few seasons then I feel the ST renewal numbers will fall off a cliff next year.

If we somehow win this league then renewals next season won’t be an issue regardless of how long stadiums remain closed.

That is why the club must stop the negligence regarding corrupt officials.

Sums it up for me mate

Wish/hope Board looking that far ahead

Not a chance IMO

Last edited:
There's no reason why they can't have controlled crowds at football. Backed by rules - no one under the influence, everyone wearing masks etc. You could easily fit 4000 into Ibrox with excessive social distancing.

Whats the difference between folk sitting in Ibrox or sitting in the pub?

So thats it no crowds any sports stadiums for forseable future possibly 6 months,no chance of going to Ibrox this season the club will have to have a think about season ticket renewals next season i have a feeling the only thing they could offer is a freeze on prices again i cant see what else they could do as this is main income for club i know its a long way off but unless a miricle vaccine found soon its looking grim getting back in for sometime :(

Where is this from mate? Has there been a further announcement?

Where is the 6 months coming from? And if it’s ‘no chance’ of fans at Ibrox this season that’s a further 8 months?

I didn’t think there would be crowds again anytime soon, rules and restrictions change so much though you just don’t know what’s going to happen. Really don’t wanna think about next year and renewing just yet, lots could change by then...

I do think we could have limited crowds back in stadia this season. I was at the cinema recently and if they can facilitate numerous people attending an indoor environment I don't see why they can't do similar for football.
I suspect the real issue is a concern that fans who attend don't follow the rules and how to police / steward a game safely while ensuring rules are obeyed.
You only have to look at some of the anti- mask / COVID isn't real zoomers that exist to know that it is likely every team will have some such fans. The bigger the crowd allowed the more number of zoomers.
I still think it's doable tho as it would be done by way of a specific set of season ticket holders being invited and basing distancing on that and whether they sit with a single friend / family, and rotating to try and ensure every season ticket holder gets to a game.

Michael Gove advised on BBC Breakfast this morning getting people back into stadiums is being suspended. The issue is the travel to /from stadiums, turnstiles and gathering in concourses before/after rather than in the stands themselves. Expect a full announcement from Boris 8pm tonight.

I was on board with the lockdown, social distancing, taking practical measures but if they're going to shut down all life for potentially years then naw.

If a vaccine can't be found then we need to isolate the vulnerable and allow the majority back to a semblance of normality, including being back at Ibrox.

Add that to the list of nonsense restrictions. You can have unrestricted numbers in shopping centres but no one in at sports. You could easily have 500 folk in each part of each stand without any problem. Lower leagues could easily have a couple hundred folk in without any issues.

but that’s not allowed.

out of interest of all the other counties around the world who have allowed fans in, has it caused a problem?

Michael Gove advised on BBC Breakfast this morning getting people back into stadiums is being suspended. The issue is the travel to /from stadiums, turnstiles and gathering in concourses before/after rather than in the stands themselves. Expect a full announcement from Boris 8pm tonight.

No different to the folk who do the same in supermarkets every day when they could go once a week instead. Actually the supermarkets are worse as at least at the football you are distanced for the 90 mins and its only 5 mins getting in and getting out....

If you want 'club' to survive then you'll buy a season ticket again. Its that simple

That’s the issue, the club know we have an emotional attachment so they know we’ll pay

Personally I think it’ll be disgusting if they charge the extra £50 for mygers or increase the ST prices next season, if we don’t get to any games this season - especially when you consider you could get 17 home games ppv for £170 (approx £280 less than the cheapest adult ST)

Def won’t be crowds this season.

A full house would be doubtful at the start of next season too.

I’m starting to worry about next season now to. I will still renew if financially possible as it’s the main revenue the club will have. But I totally understand if anyone doesn’t renew if they know we can’t get in

That’s the issue, the club know we have an emotional attachment so they know we’ll pay

Personally I think it’ll be disgusting if they charge the extra £50 for mygers or increase the ST prices next season, if we don’t get to any games this season - especially when you consider you could get 17 home games ppv for £170 (approx £280 less than the cheapest adult ST)

Charging the mygers membership scheme this season I think was wrong given the circumstances. I signed up for it for the simple fact I wanted to get euro away games. Looking like it will be a long time before we can travel again so as much as I would renew my ST next year I will think about mygers

I am 100% not taking it. Would rather take my chance with the virus than %^*& knows what that they have come up with getting injected into me

Correct, hopefully by the end of the year but it would be in low volume to begin with

Charging the mygers membership scheme this season I think was wrong given the circumstances. I signed up for it for the simple fact I wanted to get euro away games. Looking like it will be a long time before we can travel again so as much as I would renew my ST next year I will think about mygers
Same position as you. Only joined mygers for European away but given the new allocation methodology I would be unlikely to get a ticket anyway so won’t be renewing. Will renew my season ticket though.

if we don’t get into games this season a lot of local businesses will suffer. The match day revenue streams ( eg pubs/ transport) of supporting businesses will suffe badly

There’s not a chance it will be ready in 10 months time, really?

Despite the fact numerous experts are predicting it could actually be available in time for Xmas?
I hope they are right but can’t see it. Remember there’s a big difference in timescales between finding a working vaccine, testing it , mass producing it , rolling it out and getting people vaccinated.

Well things should be tested over years so I have no faith but again it’s a convo for the lounge.

I hope they are right but can’t see it. Remember there’s a big difference in timescales between finding a working vaccine, testing it , mass producing it , rolling it out and getting people vaccinated.

They have been testing it for the last 6 months, mass producing it won’t be an issue given the Pharmas are literally ready to roll with hundreds of millions of doses.

Back