No crowds Ibrox

They have been testing it for the last 6 months, mass producing it won’t be an issue given the Pharmas are literally ready to roll with hundreds of millions of doses.

Yeah they have been testing Vaccines but nobody knows if it works yet or the longterm effects. So if they don’t work the process starts all over. Remember People were saying this would be all over by this Christmas. I think next Christmas is more likely , but personally believe we won’t fully get rid of it will be something we learn to live with and will have better treatment but no cure, the same as many other illnesses. But that’s probably for the COVID thread.

Same position as you. Only joined mygers for European away but given the new allocation methodology I would be unlikely to get a ticket anyway so won’t be renewing. Will renew my season ticket though.

if we don’t get into games this season a lot of local businesses will suffer. The match day revenue streams ( eg pubs/ transport) of supporting businesses will suffe badly

There’s a massively domino effect with football not having crowds.

Stena and P&O will lose a fortune every weekend with us and them not travelling. Coach companies, shops, bars. List is endless.

On a lesser scale a lot of RSCs could struggle

That’s the issue, the club know we have an emotional attachment so they know we’ll pay

Personally I think it’ll be disgusting if they charge the extra £50 for mygers or increase the ST prices next season, if we don’t get to any games this season - especially when you consider you could get 17 home games ppv for £170 (approx £280 less than the cheapest adult ST)
o
If you had it would you give it? You can watch guys like Ian Black on tv again, nice and comfy at home. We are claiming to be the best fans in the World. If you've lost your job then I understand but if you can then you should.

Yeah they have been testing Vaccines but nobody knows if it works yet or the longterm effects. So if they don’t work the process starts all over. Remember People were saying this would be all over by this Christmas. I think next Christmas is more likely , but personally believe we won’t fully get rid of it will be something we learn to live with and will have better treatment but no cure, the same as many other illnesses. But that’s probably for the COVID thread.

There were countless folk on here telling us a few months ago that football of any kind wouldn’t be played this year, with or without fans, we were crazy to even think about it, a few weeks later football all over Europe resumed, several countries now have thousands of fans in attendance.

Things can and have changed pretty quickly.

o
If you had it would you give it? You can watch guys like Ian Black on tv again, nice and comfy at home. We are claiming to be the best fans in the World. If you've lost your job then I understand but if you can then you should.

I’m sure many fans could contribute more financially than we pay for our STs. Why don’t the club go the whole hog and just set up a justgiving page or open it up to allow direct debits?

Ffs, ppl want 55 but don't want to pay towards achieving it. Even the poet bastards have agreed to have their Giros sent straight to big Pete

There were countless folk on here telling us a few months ago that football of any kind wouldn’t be played this year, with or without fans, we were crazy to even think about it, a few weeks later football all over Europe resumed, several countries now have thousands of fans in attendance.

Things can and have changed pretty quickly.
Agreed your last line sums it up things change quickly. And i think getting football back was a big achievement , but that can obviously be done with regular testing of players. Not as easy with fans. Time will tell.

They will save on the cost of matchday police/stewards , paying the catering company to serve shite pies.

hopefully they give something like a 15% discount if you renew next season.

Club really takes us for granted sometimes
Imagine allowing a pandemic to run riot and taking the fans money. Some say coincidence some say genius business acumen

1000 fans at Ibrox is pointless. It needs to be a meaningful number or nothing at all. 1/4 of capacity minimum.

I doubt if we'll see fans in grounds this season. Certainly not this side of Christmas. Lower league clubs could have mothballed but the decision to go ahead with a shortened season meant that clubs have signed players. Covid testing is a financial burden on smaller clubs. We've yet to see whether or not fans will embrace game by game paid streaming. Certainly a worry for Scottish football now - we'd probably have been better mothballing clubs in the lower leagues for the whole of the 20/21 season.
I think for us as a club , it will drive forward the in house media , we have already seen big improvements already . tbh I don’t really give two fucks about the rest :D

It hasn't come from anywhere. OP has picked it out of thin air.
Agreed. I didn’t hear Michael Gove mention 6 months in the context of fans getting into stadiums. He did mention 6 months earlier in terms of what the chief medical officer said yesterday but not in the update on stadiums. That may be where any confusion has arisen.

It hasn't come from anywhere. OP has picked it out of thin air.

Don't think he has picked it out of thin air. He said possibly 6 months.
That's what was being discussed on mainstream news last night when they spoke about 10pm closures in pubs and 'pausing' letting crowds back to football.

Other sources for getting news updates are available other than FF ;)

The media had you believe that the state of Texas was the epicentre in the United States at one point.
The Dallas Cowboys had 21k fans in the other day.

Am away back to sleep.

I don't see why they don't allow 1000 into big stadia like ours and rotate the chance through our season tickets holders. There would be at least 20m squared space between fans.
To be fair mate it's eco own behaviour,they can't be trusted to keep the social distance rules outside the stadium.

They will save on the cost of matchday police/stewards , paying the catering company to serve shite pies.

hopefully they give something like a 15% discount if you renew next season.

Club really takes us for granted sometimes
What do you suggest? If you want our club to survive that is.

I will never forget the feeling when I thought we were going to go out of business forever. One of the worst feelings I've ever experienced. I'll renew my ST no questions asked even if there's no fans for a decade.

Because then you need security, catering, etc.

I think for the initial trial runs they'll give the kiosks a bye.

Security staff would be a cost but if it gets us closer to seeing us back in Ibrox then it's a necessity.

France has had games with crowds of 5,000. Holland had 13,000 last night. If politicans decide there might be no crowds this season then we should kick up f.ck about it.

The virus is globally endemic and we live in a global society. We need to accept that and learn to live with it or see smaller clubs go under.
Not all global countries have banned all fans. 20.000 tickets getting sold for Formula 1, a reasonable crowed for darts in a closed hall. Where there is a will there is a way.

Amongst the doom and gloom of that PC yesterday they did seem reasonably optimistic on a vaccine being ready in the UK in the medium term. Certainly before the start of next season seems a real possibility.
It might be ready before the start of next season but how long do you think its going to take to vaccinate the entire country?

I won’t have a choice as I will have to take a Vaccine as I travel for work but with how quickly it’s been developed there is a high chance of serious side effects, People shouldn’t be made to take it but this is probably a discussion for the lounge.
Correct it should be a choice.

I hope you are not classing Donald Trump as an expert. :))

Not at all ;)

Although on a similar topic, Dr Fauci who most certainly can be classed as an expert, he said 2 days ago, he expects a vaccine by November, in fact he actually said he would put money on it.

The virus is globally endemic and we live in a global society. We need to accept that and learn to live with it or see smaller clubs go under.
We have too many clubs in Scotland. Perhaps this will lead to a cull or see some small clubs merge?
Might not be a bad thing?

Not at all ;)

Although on a similar topic, Dr Fauci who most certainly can be classed as an expert, he said 2 days ago, he expects a vaccine by November, in fact he actually said he would put money on it.
Aye a vaccine that carries risks. Risks of future illness via side effects. Suppose as a last resort it might be worth a shot but i doubt it will be ready for the masses.

It might be ready before the start of next season but how long do you think its going to take to vaccinate the entire country?
The entire world. As far as I know the Dutch Chinese and a few other countries working together say they will have millions produced for christmas. I believe They have already given it out in Brasil to try and curtail the huge numbers of infected there. I haven't heard of any results.
The Feyenoord supporters f'd up at the weekend by not keeping 1.5m distance, singing and cheering. They can try with extra stewards this week but if the same happens then the Dutch Government are putting it back on shutdown.

Im probably being daft here but how can hundreds of thousands be allowed to attend boozers and restaurants every week yet a few thousand cant go to a football game?

Surely we could get 3000 in each the Broomloan and Copland, 7000 in both the Sandy Jardine and Bill Struth stands? 20,000 people in a stadium that holds just under 50,000 could socially distance no problem id imagine.

Im probably being daft here but how can hundreds of thousands be allowed to attend boozers and restaurants every week yet a few thousand cant go to a football game?

Surely we could get 3000 in each the Broomloan and Copland, 7000 in both the Sandy Jardine and Bill Struth stands? 20,000 people in a stadium that holds just under 50,000 could socially distance no problem id imagine.
Here’s a thing - and yes, I probably am finger pointing - but do you think the Green Brigade (for the youngsters I didn’t say Groin) could be trusted to be socially distant once inside the stadium? Me neither and that would then lead to harsher action being taken by the SNP, thus offending a sizeable chunk of their voters. It’s a political decision.

Here’s a thing - and yes, I probably am finger pointing - but do you think the Green Brigade (for the youngsters I didn’t say Groin) could be trusted to be socially distant once inside the stadium? Me neither and that would then lead to harsher action being taken by the SNP, thus offending a sizeable chunk of their voters. It’s a political decision.

Yeah good point, I was being daft thinking everyone would follow the rules but there is very little chance of keeping a group like that separate since they all share the same 1 brain cell :D

I’m sure the club love being in this position just as much as the fans do ffs!
Ultimately though the fans will suffer more than the club. We are still paying the same money (outwith Europe) as we would be normally for next to nothing. The club has reduced costs as mentioned above.

The club will need to be very careful on how they approach this.

If we have all shelled out huge sums of money just to sit in our living rooms and watch them win another league title due to corrupt referees and the same mistakes as the last few seasons then I feel the ST renewal numbers will fall off a cliff next year.

If we somehow win this league then renewals next season won’t be an issue regardless of how long stadiums remain closed.

That is why the club must stop the negligence regarding corrupt officials.
I think you'd be better hoping for a miracle cure to covid this month than the board or senior staff at Rangers taking the officials to task. I've said it many times, the only time we hear anything even remotely in line with what we would expect from the club on these matters is when they want more money from the support. Beyond that, they may well be addressing issues behind the scenes (certainly doesn't look that way mind you)
It's a very, very dangerous position they are in. They're trading on their past victory over the spivs (which we all appreciate) but the many failings are racking up too.

The reality and we as fans need to understand this is that no fans will be back in the next 6 months which takes us to March/April

I don’t know the science behind it so can’t comment on the right or wrongs of it but what I would say is that this affects them more than it affects us financially, if u believe their figures they have say 10k more through their gates than us 18s a season not to mention or factor in Europe.

And they will soon see it bite them with sales as when they finally accept that they don’t run the country then cut backs will be made.

I'm beginning to think that it will be 2022 before things can be normal again . I hope not but it's looking that way

Where is this from mate? Has there been a further announcement?

Where is the 6 months coming from? And if it’s ‘no chance’ of fans at Ibrox this season that’s a further 8 months?
Im going on what they said this morning mate about crowds in stadiums 6 months before some allowed in again.So im confident i wont be in Ibrox this season im worried about start of next.

If you want 'club' to survive then you'll buy a season ticket again. Its that simple
Agree , but if the ‘club’ allow the spfl / refs / hammer throwers to constantly put the boot in without saying a cheep , then a lot of our fans will say what’s the point.

Also need to bear in mind the location of our stadium, there’s not a chance it will be selected for any early trial or test given it is situated at the heart of our countries cases.

As the year progresses the abiotic factors such as temperature and humidity are now moving into levels that suit respiratory infections. And it is not unheard of for Scotland to have very mild winters staying within these virus favouring levels for quite some time.

Agree , but if the ‘club’ allow the spfl / refs / hammer throwers to constantly put the boot in without saying a cheep , then a lot of our fans will say what’s the point.
I don't agree with you there, mate. This isn't a recent occurrence.

Back