No decision made on VAR after today's meeting

I understand why bears would like to see it if you look at european games v dortmund 2 early massive decisons went our way and probably decided the tie, but really up here it wont be the same it will be manipulated the decisions we get in europe would just be ignored.
Can you tell us how it would be possible for them to “bend” the offside line to benefit Celtic?

Rangers should have it installed, in anticipation of the other clubs moving the league forward. I wonder what reaction we would get? Sporting integrity and all that.

The exact same clubs who all moan about referees, wrong decisions, Glasgow bias etc can't agree that the introduction of VAR is essential in order to correct it? Hmmmmm.
Excellent point, one that I actually came on to post right now after hearing Calum Davidson on Sky.
We get all the decisions?
Put your money where your mouth is allow the truth to be told.

Last edited:
Christ even more tinpot leagues than ours have it what’s so fûcking frightening you bunch of insular twats.

I'd say Rangers fans should want VAR less than anyone. It's not an automated machine that makes the decisions, it's a human being watching a screen.

That human will be cut from the same cloth as our current corrupt batch of inept officials.

A blind eye will be turned to VAR in a beggar match every bit as much as Clancy does in a game.
Every decision against Rangers will be highlighted and engineered to work against us.

The beggars would probably love to have the system in place, they have the scum well organised to manipulate decisions in their favour.

Can you tell us how it would be possible for them to “bend” the offside line to benefit Celtic?
Well its just one example not every goal or important decision is about offside so plenty of other areas where it would be someones biased decisions.

But on offside they could just ignore it and not bother to check i suppose, i do take your point if its well offside then its more difficult.

I would suggest that VAR will without a doubt result in more Celtic penalties.

Would you like to tell us why we should trust people like Madden, Clancy or McLean when we have watched dozens of totally biased and dishonest performances on the park over a long period of time ?

Watching replays does not end media bias and media bias is the reason the refs behave the way they do and target our club.

Well its just one example not every goal or important decision is about offside so plenty of other areas where it would be someones biased decisions.

But on offside they could just ignore it and not bother to check i suppose, i do take your point if its well offside then its more difficult.

I would suggest that VAR will without a doubt result in more Celtic penalties.

Would you like to tell us why we should trust people like Madden, Clancy or McLean when we have watched dozens of totally biased and dishonest performances on the park over a long period of time ?

Watching replays does not end media bias and media bias is the reason the refs behave the way they do and target our club.
All goals are checked so not sure how it would be possible for them not to ckeck if its offside.

There is only one club against VAR - why do you think this is the case?

All goals are checked so not sure how it would be possible for them not to ckeck if its offside.

There is only one club against VAR - why do you think this is the case?
Really i didnt actually know that the only thing i would say is that we often prefer to do things a little differently in Scotland from other leagues where there probably isnt any corruption.

I keep reading that they dont want it and it might be true it might not, i heard Lennon saying they would get far more decisions if we had VAR though. Maybe Celtic just want to be sure its a friendly ex-ref thats the boss and running the show. Makes no difference its coming in anyway.

The refs want it thats what would worry me, ofcourse its to help them get big games or get to the WC or other important tourneys, but it will also be used to make sure there is no errors that could cause hassle from the tims or negative press. It will also put match offficials under even more pressure.

Its tough for me to understand why anyone would begin to trust refs if they are in the bunker when its impossible to trust them on the park. The first soft penalty against Rangers for holding at a corner kick or set play might change a few minds right enough.

Heard a snippet on the radio from Beaton there. Apparently the refs are currently being trained on VAR.

Heard a snippet on the radio from Beaton there. Apparently the refs are currently being trained on VAR.
Probably being trained so they can cover UEFA or FIFA games not necessarily for Scotland, This will only happen when Celtic, sorry I mean the SFA approve it’s use.

if it means have to cut their cloth and budget accordingly for VAR, then so be it.
we had to cut our cloth in 2012.

Would love to see VAR here but the downside is the same incompetents would be in control.

Thing is though, their international careers are based on getting decisions right

Currently they have an excuse, but not so getting it hugely wrong with VAR

For some of these guys, it has to be about getting international recognition, and therefore its not in their interest to %^*& it up

Back