No Drinking On Renfe Trains

The heavier scanning security is usually for the high speed AVE trains. If you are going on the cheaper train there is less security. Anyone travelling from Madrid and not on the AVE will find less security at Chamartin station as opposed to Atocha station. And good luck if you sit on a seat that isn't your number, the Spanish get really freaked out with that. Even if 90% of the other seats are empty.

Renfe by the way puts ScotRail to utter shame. The variety and efficiency of trains in Spain in fantastic. In fact the whole transport system there, trains ALSA coaches and roads is first class. Once you are in the country you will have no worries getting to Seville.

A temporary ban is not a surprise, this could have been seen a mile off. Was the same for Manchester, bag searches at central.

While drinking may normally be allowed, it looks like they are policing this differently and understandably so.

Oh, I could go without no problem ... but I like a few glasses of wine with my lunch on the train while enjoying the views. Your idea of a plan doesn't suit me. But, hey, each to their own.
Absolutely. Hope you see the match.

Most Spanish trains have gaurds with trunchens I would think plenty will be ready to use them if they feel they are getting hassle from bears .

So don't drink and smile for a couple of hours ... also if it kicks off you know the train will be met by local police ready to wade in this in turn will mean trains are late and delayed and randomly you might get picked and banged in a cell and miss the game .

I would just have a break from the booze for a few hrs while on trains .... why even Take the chance to fuc up your big trip .

Most Spanish trains have gaurds with trunchens I would think plenty will be ready to use them if they feel they are getting hassle from bears .

So don't drink and smile for a couple of hours ... also if it kicks off you know the train will be met by local police ready to wade in this in turn will mean trains are late and delayed and randomly you might get picked and banged in a cell and miss the game .

I would just have a break from the booze for a few hrs while on trains .... why even Take the chance to fuc up your big trip .

That first line sounds a bit erotic!

A temporary ban is not a surprise, this could have been seen a mile off. Was the same for Manchester, bag searches at central.

While drinking may normally be allowed, it looks like they are policing this differently and understandably so.
You can buy beers after security at Atocha and Malaga. It’s just lip service trust me.

Trust me you’ll be able to drink.
Having lived there for a few years pal and been Football all over Spain and been held for a few days on a few occasions little would surprise me in Spain. I’ve seen alcohol taken off fans travelling, I’ve seen fans refused on board (Malaga away to Sevilla, at a time when buses were even turned away at the City borders) for no good reason.

What will be will be, just passing on my experiences, like you are. One thing I’ve learnt from going Football in different places is it’s often best to not give Coppers a reason to be twats to you!

Last edited:
Sorry, I was meaning, will names on tickets be checked? - not a chance.

FWIW, I've been to 2 UEFA finals, I've never been searched at either one.
I think if people think they’re turning up and getting on a high speed train they’re on to plums.

Isn’t there 2 ticket checks, a scanner and bag scanner to board a high speed train?

I think if people think they’re turning up and getting on a high speed train they’re on to plums.

Isn’t there 2 ticket checks, a scanner and bag scanner to board a high speed train?
We're on differerent pages here I think, my reply was about the checks going into the ground.
:)
You are correct re checks on the trains

This all day long. I strongly suspect the day isn’t going to end well for anyone deliberately and visibly flouting this temporary measure. Even more so for anyone who tells a guard/ticket inspector to GTF when challenged.

Every time we play a foreign team someone mentions how horrible the Spanish police are and yet folk seem to think they’ll all morph into bunnies for this trip.

Every time we play a foreign team someone mentions how horrible the Spanish police are and yet folk seem to think they’ll all morph into bunnies for this trip.

Good point. I also think that the stereotypical ned behaviour of hiding in the toilet when the guard comes around checking tickets or just blanking them and an aggressive “GTF” when asked to stop drinking alcohol will not be met with the silent sloping off that is the average response on ScotRail trains.

Given the targeted nature of the booze ban and emails informing passengers about it, it wouldn’t surprise me if there were at least a
couple of uniformed officers on trains that due to the time, route and nationality of those booking tickets, are clearly going to have significant numbers of Gers and/or Frankfurt supporters on them.

Wine is flowing on the London train just now. Hopefully it continues to Paris/Bordeaux/Narbonne/Barcelona/Madrid/Seville

A2218-E82-B304-4-C67-82-C9-CBAF64201-DB1.jpg

Somehow I think they’re on a hiding to nothing trying to enforce this next week
'COFF

Back