No Drinking On Renfe Trains

I am on the 15:00 Madrid Seville just now. Plenty of wine and beer at the bar and decent prices. Only issues is walking on with an obvious carry out. Security sent to sort out guys with carry out

Travelled from Malaga to Seville this morning - there was a scanner for luggage and one for people which was controlled by the Police.

They took our alcoholic drinks off us.

Tried to get on an earlier train. Police said on you go but ticket warden had none of it so had to wait. Seemed very strict on alcohol, alot of boys got their booze took when we went to go on. Although, there is a side revolving door from the platform that id assume if you put drink in your luggage you will bypass the scanners.

I am on the 15:00 Madrid Seville just now. Plenty of wine and beer at the bar and decent prices. Only issues is walking on with an obvious carry out. Security sent to sort out guys with carry out
We are on 4pm Madrid to Seville and bar is open and drinks being served. No issues at all but we didn’t have carry out

Did you need your passport for ID or does your drivers licence do ?

How long was the queue through security mate?
The queue was small - the potential problem is that Rangers fans could miss the train if you are delayed,

The booking system that they have for the trains mean that every seat is accounted for and you have a specific seat number.
We nearly missed the train this morning and it would have been difficult to book seats again today.

We are on 4pm Madrid to Seville and bar is open and drinks being served. No issues at all but we didn’t have carry out
The information provided is duff. As the above poster says, bar is open and everyone is boozing. Now sitting without a cargo due to previous duff information. Bar onboard also sold out.

Be discreet and enjoy!

We bought a couple of beers from the bar and supplemented it with some cans, whisky and vodka

The queue was small - the potential problem is that Rangers fans could miss the train if you are delayed,

The booking system that they have for the trains mean that every seat is accounted for and you have a specific seat number.
We nearly missed the train this morning and it would have been difficult to book seats again today.
Probably safe to be there at least an hour before departure then you think?

Now, with a 6:30 train to Seville in the morning- do I just stay out all night so I don’t sleep through an alarm.

I was hoping I could still take a carry out for Seville on the train from Malaga tomorrow and not drink it until I get there but doesn’t look like this will be an option now if they are taking it off you.

I was hoping I could still take a carry out for Seville on the train from Malaga tomorrow and not drink it until I get there but doesn’t look like this will be an option now if they are taking it off you.
Yep - they are taking all of the alcohol off us at Malaga train station when your bag goes through the scanner.

On the Malaga to Seville Train just now. Everything goes through a Security Scanner before boarding.
They took a bottle of Stolichnaya from me, I'd bought at DF for the room.
Hadn't even given it a thought.
Not to worry.....but just a wee heads up in advance to fellow Bears.

On the 7am train from Madrid at the moment and got on with our carry out no bother. On our way

Brought carry out on the train yesterday from Madrid. Was fine but bring cans no glass bottles got pulled up by the security for that. There was a bar at the back of the train selling cans too. The bears had them all finished before Seville though B-)

Very strict at Malaga. Face mask was at the bottom of my case and they wouldn’t let me get on the train and find it then.

Folk got drink taken off them

Security and police on train also.

A bit much If you ask me

Very strict at Malaga. Face mask was at the bottom of my case and they wouldn’t let me get on the train and find it then.

Folk got drink taken off them

Security and police on train also.

A bit much If you ask me
The mask fascists are out in force on these trains.

I was on the Renfe train yesterday from Madrid to Seville and fine to drink beer on it and even bought some on the train!

Travelled from Malaga to Seville this morning - there was a scanner for luggage and one for people which was controlled by the Police.

They took our alcoholic drinks off us.

I had vodka miniatures and a full bottle went through the Madrid scanners without issue.

The train also got drained off all its booze B-D

I'm on malaga to Seville had to go through scanners and checks at station police taking all alcohol opened or not . There was about 3/ trolleys full with full crates bottles vodka even champagne .
4 Police walking up n down train enforcing masks etc now have planked their arse in our carriage. fm man :))

Someone left their phone on the 6.37 who got off at the first seville stop. The boy working the train tried to chase you but the door closed. He’s kept it so if you’re looking you might need to go to a Renfe desk

@Odin1972 That wasn't you on Talksport then was it mate? Guy who had travelled from Melbourne and did Madrid to Seville by train as his last leg? Thin you said you were travelling from Melbourne on another thread.

Thanks for letting me know mate. Will just wait and hopefully there will be some left to buy in Seville
Plenty of places where you can get some more vodka, whisky and beer.

Seville is a huge city and can accommodate all of these visitors.

Back