No fans at games - any impact?

It’s had a massive impact. As you say we don’t panic if we are 15 mins in and not a goal up because the nerves filter in from the stands to the players. Like it or not history shows that with this team, and this support base, we’ve struggled.
Look at this season, we are only a point better off than last season so far but we look a much more assured, confident team.
I’ll gladly sit at home the rest of the season if it wins us the league, and it may well

Hasn’t there been an increase of away wins all around Europe‘s pro leagues - sure I read that somewhere..? Less pressure on referees, less intimidation on visiting players, less criticism of home players etc ?

Seems to be suiting us more than them so far.

Long may it continue.
XBv6lgO.gif

It’s had a massive impact. As you say we don’t panic if we are 15 mins in and not a goal up because the nerves filter in from the stands to the players. Like it or not history shows that with this team, and this support base, we’ve struggled.
Look at this season, we are only a point better off than last season so far but we look a much more assured, confident team.
I’ll gladly sit at home the rest of the season if it wins us the league, and it may well
It has a negative impact on the opposition too. They know if they can keep it tight for the first 15/20 minutes then ‘supporters’ will get on the teams back.

Without that the opposition has one less weapon and as a result like you said our boys can play their game at their own pace.

Don’t get me wrong I think on European nights or whatever our lads will feed off the energy we generate but games like today would have been more turgid.

Which probably says more about some sections of our support than the players.

It's such a massive season that if performances and results were not going in any teams way the pressure would build quickly. If it means we get into our stride then so be it. I can't see fans back in full numbers until next season. We just need to win the league. By any means.

Is this the reason the club aren't pushing for fans to get back in?

When you see every other club publicly making efforts to get their fans back, it mystifies me that ours isn't. But this is probably why.

We're calmer and make far fewer mistakes. Tims struggling to play with any tempo or passion.

Just as it would have been, or linked to players having no input from the stands ?
I dunno. Quite 50/50 on the effect it may or may not have on us. We played really well first half of last season with fans in the stadium.

We're only a point better off as it stands than last season. I don't think it's quite as impactful on results as some suggest. With it being impossible to measure, I concede that I could be wrong there.

I think it has had a major impact on Morelos, though. He thrives on the energy from the stands, be that love from us or the hate of opposing fans.

Is this the reason the club aren't pushing for fans to get back in?

When you see every other club publicly making efforts to get their fans back, it mystifies me that ours isn't. But this is probably why.

We are also the team who has least to profit from teams coming back in. Ibrox has been near enough sold out every week of lockdown thanks to the season tickets. Yes we lose in match day revenue (drinks etc) and it hurts us worse in Europe... But all of our opposition are feeling the pain we have endured for the last decade. I think we are content our house is in order and happy to watch all those who voted us down get pressure applied.

We’ve one more point than this time last season so it’s hard to say .. looks like it’s affected the tims if anything

Today on the match thread gave us an example. Lot of moaning going on in the 2nd half which was uncalled for.

We really need to get it into our heads that playing at a high level for 90 mins every game is impossible.

Undoubtedly has an impact.

We have some impatient throbbers in our support who start pissing there pants if we're not 3-0 up in 15 mins, scream at every underhit pass.

While over at the chamber of secrets they don't have 50k fans screaming and pressuring a ref.

Long may it continue

Today on the match thread gave us an example. Lot of moaning going on in the 2nd half which was uncalled for.

We really need to get it into our heads that playing at a high level for 90 mins every game is impossible.

Half the folk moaning on the match thread wouldn’t have been at Ibrox anyway.

Everyone has been wanting fans back in Ibrox and elsewhere. I'm in the minority and hope empty stadiums remains the status quo. We're playing better for it. They're playing worse.

Happy to sacrifice my own personal enjoyment to have that edge over them

Half the folk moaning on the match thread wouldn’t have been at Ibrox anyway.
I know what your saying, but theres plenty of that goes on at Ibrox.

I'm willing to get there would have been plenty empty seats at the final whistle today if the fans were in.

I think the absence of pressure from the stands is certainly having a positive effect on players. Our captain being the main one.

When our own captain admits that the pressure was huge and the team sometimes struggled, then I think their can be no doubt that empty stands are benefiting us.
Even that OF game. At 2 nil the rabids would have been howling at every tackle, throw in etc, trying to drive the Tim's forward. Without that their team looked clueless while rangers were composed and assured.
Against the likes of livi etc, no groans when we are not ahead after 10 mins.
It has to help

We are also the team who has least to profit from teams coming back in. Ibrox has been near enough sold out every week of lockdown thanks to the season tickets. Yes we lose in match day revenue (drinks etc) and it hurts us worse in Europe... But all of our opposition are feeling the pain we have endured for the last decade. I think we are content our house is in order and happy to watch all those who voted us down get pressure applied.
Maybe the fact the people paying hundreds, some cases thousands, for a season ticket would like to get the product they paid for too.

I said at the beginning of the season that our younger players (Hagi/Kent) would be allowed to express themselves more during games without being hounded from the stands after the first misplaced pass.

These same fans appear to be venting their frustrations on the likes of Facebook and in the match thread on here, but it’s impact is pretty much non existent.

The lack of fans, dare I say it, is also helping referees. Without the fans of both teams baying for blood, I do think they’re able to focus a lot more on the match at hand.

Maybe the fact the people paying hundreds, some cases thousands, for a season ticket would like to get the product they paid for too.

I do get that... And I hope you haven't missed a minute on the box. Though it's not the same, I think if we come away with a 55th title this year everyone is seeing it as money well spent.

We're only a point better off as it stands than last season. I don't think it's quite as impactful on results as some suggest.
I disagree. We won at The Ewe Camp on the opening day having gone a goal up in 20 minutes. After HT The Sheep were all over us but then calmed down and the rest of the game was a procession.

I have no doubt they'd have scored if Pittodrie had been full.

I said before a ball was kicked that we're a good training and friendlies side and that BCD games would favour us as it takes one factor away. 12 games in and I see nothing to change my mind.

If you follow the logic of this thread, it may be better if things stay this way? F#ck off, or at least until we can fill Ibrox for 55 winning day. :)

Domestically there are arguments for and against though in Europe although thus far it hasn't worked against us would think that a full house at Ibrox under the lights is a massive miss for the players.

Just read on BBC that not a single Epl team unbeaten. The shortest period this has happened in almost 60 years.
Deffo strange times.

It must be worse for the filth. They were on a roll and going for something historic before Covid ruined it for them. Now their march to an already heavily tainted 10 is being done in front of empty stands. It was bad enough when we kicked them out the broomloan, now they have no fans at all to cheer them on. So much for bringing back the thunder for such a monumental occasion. We on the other hand are nervous as feck and starved of success which spread to the players. No fans evens the playing field a bit.

I think the lack of fans help in the turgid games like today but in the euro games is where we can make the difference and drive the team. But I will happily take an empty stadium all season if it meant 55. If we go into next season having won 55 I think the crowd might change a little. There won’t be the desperation/anxiety to win the league/stop “x” in a row like there has been the last few seasons. So “turgid” games like today there will still be the moans and groans but not the intensity it has been over the years since we’ve been back in the premiership.

2-0 down at home to Braga does anyone on here think we still come back to win that without fans ??

Yeah there’s less pressure on the team from an inpatient element of our fans at Ibrox.

to be honest I don’t want to get back this season.

I believe it's the reason we're in our current position.

Let's be honest, Bears aren't the most patient of species, without an early goal, the grumbling starts and it gets to the players.

On the flip side, opposing fans - the unwashed in particular - aren't there to raise their side and pressure officials into bending over backwards for them.

Lots of ways of looking at this but you don't put fans back in grounds at some point soon there will be nothing left to come back too. Football without fans is not football.

I wonder if lack of inTIMidation is resulting in them getting genuine decisions against them? Would the sheep have got their two stonewall penalties yesterday, especially one in injury time that potentially changes the result?

We were talking about this as well. Too much negative slagging from the stands did seem to be absorbed by some players and impact their play adversely. Ok its part and parcel of the game these days but too much negativity is counter productive.

Back