No fans could be the best thing to ever happen to us

You
I wouldn't go that far, but I think an empty Ibrox might benefit us.

If we haven't scored by midway through the second half - especially against the poorer teams - we sometimes get on the players backs a bit too much and put them under pressure.

Yes, they need the mental strength to play for a club such as ours. But I think we'll pick up points that we didn't last season.
you mean midway through the first half!!!

Players have actively came out and said that when they at Ibrox they know after 20 minute the fans will turn.

Totally agree with the OP. It makes every single a game a totally level playing field, and for me that can only benefit the team.

People are missing the point saying the players should be able to play under fan pressure. If no fans benefits the team, I can’t see why anyone would be bothered by that.
Our away support outsing every single home support we visit, the around the majority of them we even outnumber them. Sooner we are back the better for all concerned.

Awaiting a papa Smurf Campaign to ban all crowds imminently.

Last edited:
I’m not sure I totally agree but it will be interesting whether Home Advantage is less important whilst the games are played behind closed doors.

I want Rangers players to be able to handle the pressure of the jersey and the expectations of a packed Ibrox I’ve never been a supporter who gets on the backs of players and anybody who does near where I sit will know their going to get an earful from me if they do.To be a Rangers’s player is something very special if you can’t handle the pressure of playing in front of your own supporters you shouldn’t be there.

I wouldn't go that far, but I think an empty Ibrox might benefit us.

If we haven't scored by midway through the second half - especially against the poorer teams - we sometimes get on the players backs a bit too much and put them under pressure.

Yes, they need the mental strength to play for a club such as ours. But I think we'll pick up points that we didn't last season.

Was just about to post something similar. We all too often get on our own players backs.

Rangers 0 Braga 2 after 60 mins ........wonder what the FT score would've been without fans ..........

Away fans not baying for Morelos to be sent off for every contact he makes with an opposition player is definitely one advantage

you need to be able to handle playing for us on the pitch regardless of any off field situations and that's all there is to it, if you can't then see ya

I actually think it will help the opposition get pumped up before a crowd with no crowd they struggle to get that lift and ability should be enough to carry us through

old firm games will levelled as well with no crowds

I said the same to my mates in the pub yesterday, the first 15 minutes when we were just playing it along the back and middle without doing anything because Aberdeen didn’t want anything to do with getting out their half or wanting the ball.

Sadly if that’s at Ibrox the crowd demand the players to try something and lose patience.

Away from home it might help without the influence of fans on decisions the referee makes.

But its part and parcel of being a football the passion from the fans, it would’ve been a struggle for a ticket yesterday but even to see and hear our travelling away support acknowledging the win would’ve been amazing for everyone.
100%. If there was fans in the ground Morelos gets booked for the nudge on Ferguson in the first half.

2 things:
1 -If players can't stomach playing at a packed Ibrox then they are at the wrong club.
2 -If you just turn up to vent your weekly built up anger at the players then give your ST to someone that actually wants to be there, then proceed to vent your anger at a brick wall instead.

There’s nothing wrong with what the OP is saying...with no fans present it definitely changed the dynamics of this fixture. Aberdeen’s crowd are always right up for our visits and it can spur the home team on as we’ve seen plenty of times over the years but that element was missing and it didn’t do us any harm. If our players PREFER playing without fans in attendance that’s a different matter altogether!

Back