No fans in this season all but confirmed - Thursday and Europa now crucial

Mview83

Official Ticketer
As an additional income stream into the club.

Make no mistake no fans through gates will have huge implications for every club, ours included.

It’s vital we qualify for the Europa League groups now or I think we may see sales to balance things out. That may happen anyway tbh.

Will it? Thats a genuine question by the way. Obviously our money will be down in terms of catering etc but we still have the ST money and won't have to pay the costs of opening Ibrox for match days.

Plus we also have the money from MyGers and merchandise which we didn't have last season.

If we qualify for the Europa League group stages then we won't win the league. We don't have the squad to play Thursday - Sunday.

I think you maybe right and if we lose Thursday or in the play off then I can see 2 out the door with maybe 2 loans to replace. 1st and foremost the club needs to be financially stable over anything else at the present time. The board have really backed the plying side for a few years now with next to no money coming in for sales that needs to change whether we like it or not.

Will it? Thats a genuine question by the way. Obviously our money will be down in terms of catering etc but we still have the ST money and won't have to pay the costs of opening Ibrox for match days.

Plus we also have the money from MyGers and merchandise which we didn't have last season.

If we qualify for the Europa League group stages then we won't win the league. We don't have the squad to play Thursday - Sunday.

Which is why we must rotate squad. It’s not popular on here but it’s the only way to maximise squad imho. You simply can’t keep playing your first choice XI. The arse will fall out of it in the new year. Keepers fine, defence fine, midfield not and up front okish as long as roofe and aribo arent too crocked.

I've seen folk argue that the costs of running a match day vs losses occured due to no fans might well be minimal, this season anyway.

I can’t see that being the case with hospitality sales etc for these games factored in? If it is maybe the impact isn’t as bad as it seems on face value but I can’t see it tbh.

For Rangers the incremental cost of having fans at the game (policing, cleaning, stewards, etc) will surely outweigh the additional ticket sales we get from non season tickets. Even in hospitality, we may have less paying customers but likes of Members Lounge is still fully paid up, I believe, and no food or drink have to be put on which must save a whack.

we’ve also managed incredible merchandise sales.

The impact financially is more concerning for next season, folk can’t keep paying up for an RTV subscription forever, especially given the mass unemployment which is coming due to the way out governments have dealt with this virus.

In all seriousness though, I can see a lot of Premier League clubs going to the wall this season, never mind the lower leagues. It's going to be very bleak time for a lot of fans, clubs and employees

For Rangers the incremental cost of having fans at the game (policing, cleaning, stewards, etc) will surely outweigh the additional ticket sales we get from non season tickets. Even in hospitality, we may have less paying customers but likes of Members Lounge is still fully paid up, I believe, and no food or drink have to be put on which must save a whack.

we’ve also managed incredible merchandise sales.

The impact financially is more concerning for next season, folk can’t keep paying up for an RTV subscription forever, especially given the mass unemployment which is coming due to the way out governments have dealt with this virus.
No matter whatever your thoughts are on Castore it is quite assuring we have an incredibly good merchandising deal with them. I’m hopeful the deal with them and the lack of operating costs may cover the loss of gate money.

What was the average ticket price for the group games last season? About £35 a head?

Then the 2 later round home games as well.

We won't be able to offer a PPV for group games for UK viewers if we get through. It's millions of a loss at a time when no club can really afford it.

Getting the prize money is pretty vital, never mind the fact we should want as many big games as we can possibly get anyway.

This has to be the season now to win the league. These players have shown time and time again that they buckle under the pressure of a title run in when there’s expectant fans there demanding success. Tav and Kent pretty much said it themselves towards the tail end of last season. They won’t get a better chance than this and already there were signs of their bottle crashing on Sunday, the minute that lot got level in the table. Now or never lads for most of you, if you want win a title at Rangers.

Group stages will be a boost in terms of who we can purchase prior to the window closing but I doubt missing additional gate receipts has a huge effect.

We are financially solid for this season IMO.

Make no mistake no fans through gates will have huge implications for every club, ours included.

It’s vital we qualify for the Europa League groups now or I think we may see sales to balance things out. That may happen anyway tbh.

if they sort out the Castore sh1t show and a RTV season ticket they can have all of my money. I’ll tell work to swap my bank details toa Rangers account.

What was the average ticket price for the group games last season? About £35 a head?

We won't be able to offer a PPV for group games for UK viewers if we get through. It's millions of a loss at a time when no club can really afford it.

Getting the prize money is pretty vital, never mind the fact we should want as many big games as we can possibly get anyway.

Thats my point mate, I can’t see how it actually costs us money to host games like some are suggesting. Particular EL games - that’s why it’s vital we qualify for the groups imo.

Missing out would surely be offset by the retail income, that's before we've sold Morelos (if he goes).

If there's a season to miss out this is it.

Thats my point mate, I can’t see how it actually costs us money to host games like some are suggesting. Particular EL games - that’s why it’s vital we qualify for the groups imo.

There's no way we've lost or barely made anything from the Europe League home games these last 2 seasons. They've pretty much paid for the squad we have given we've not made any big sales yet.

It's absolutely a blow that way.

Missing out would surely be offset by the retail income, that's before we've sold Morelos (if he goes).

If there's a season to miss out this is it.

We should never want to miss out.

But I doubt the retail income will be quite as immediate as those income streams were. They might cover it, I'm not sure.

possibly but then again what are the chances of this being 2 legged affairs all the way through?

I know nothing but surely given today’s announcements the suggestions of teams flying across Europe every other Thursday is a massive risk to the domestic season?

U
In all seriousness though, I can see a lot of Premier League clubs going to the wall this season, never mind the lower leagues. It's going to be very bleak time for a lot of fans, clubs and employees
Us and the filth can survive losing a few through the doors, but the rest, who survive on their meagre attendances will struggle and May not survive.

How much money do we make on Europa outwith ticket sales? The cost of travelling and logistics is now probably 2x the price it used to be therefore Europa league isnt as financially beneficial this year imo.

The power crazy freak in downing street is talking about bringing in the army to assist the cops. The games a bogey.
That’s the biggest worry for me, why would we accept military on our streets to stop u going for a meal or a pint? Never mind getting to a game of football

I am under the impression that fans won’t be anywhere near for 6 months from today but at the same point did he not say they were still looking at it ?
I’m not entirely sure mate, the COVID thread is my source of info :))

Unless the club are able to get some kind of deal where fans can buy tickets to watch the Europa league then revenue from EL will be down massively anyway.

The deal with Castore, MY Gers and other new improved sponsorship deals will bridge a big part of the gap but there is no doubt overall we will be several million down which could have been used to buy players.

We have also not been able to go ahead with the new share issue, I wonder if the new investment is still in place

But I doubt the retail income will be quite as immediate as those income streams were. They might cover it, I'm not sure.

I just think considering all factors not qualifying could be tolerated in terms of financial impact and supporter patience.

I forecasted at the beginning of this that lots of football clubs would go to the wall and nothing has changed my mind.
We will survive but if it goes into next season then things may look very different for us.
The upside is the chance of getting out of Scotland will be increased significantly as lots of English clubs will also go under and itvmay well be that opportunities present themselves.

We’re Rangers Football Club. We should be aiming to compete at the highest level in Europe we can every season no excuses.
We're Rangers Football Club and we're approaching a decade without a trophy.

I'm usually on your side of the argument regarding this but given there will be no games to attend, no away games and our squad is stretched already I think I would take the hit this year.

Just this year mind.

Its not a loss. Because there was no guarantee we would get that far. Add to that the new format this season of one legged ties etc. The financial impact is nowhere near as bad as it would have been last year. Then factor in we (ST holders) are paying £500+ for an anorexic RTV subscription as well as MyGers at £40, there's less staffing costs on matchdays (concession/security/police). Increased revenue from all the sponsors plastered over our kit, the merchandise income as well then I really can't see how we would be any worse off than last year.

If its that bad surely the directors/management/playing staff can take a wage cut for a period of time? They got 3 months pay for nothing during lockdown after all

With the loss of gate money and hositality, programmes, etc there will be a lot less income from a Euro campaign than normal.

Don't think RTV would be allowed to broadcast live in the UK either.

Its not a loss. Because there was no guarantee we would get that far. Add to that the new format this season of one legged ties etc. The financial impact is nowhere near as bad as it would have been last year. Then factor in we (ST holders) are paying £500+ for an anorexic RTV subscription as well as MyGers at £40, there's less staffing costs on matchdays (concession/security/police). Increased revenue from all the sponsors plastered over our kit, the merchandise income as well then I really can't see how we would be any worse off than last year.

If its that bad surely the directors/management/playing staff can take a wage cut for a period of time? They got 3 months pay for nothing during lockdown after all

Our squad deferred their wages during the lockdown. Not sure why they should take a cut though, not like it's their fault lockdown happened!

Yes, we may not have made it, but that's always a loss for us under any circumstances. We haven't even came close to breaking even overall even with European money. Our squad wage bill keeps getting higher. It should be seen as key if we don't want to end up weaker than we are.

I'm willing to bet we'll be worse off without that gate money. I'll be happy if I'm wrong.

Back