No fans in this season all but confirmed - Thursday and Europa now crucial

You mean Boris. The abuse the government takes in these unprecedented times is very unfair. The opposition/other parties who’ve no experience of this type of situation should be working along side the Conservative & Unionist party to get us through all this. The petty squabbling and lies sicken me.
Always easy to be in opposition and tell everybody how and what should be done without having any responsibility for it being done, the outcome or, the cost.

The Rangers fans not bothering about getting beat on Thursday will be the same Rangers fans calling the team and manager bottlers on Thursday night.
We need to be in the Europa if we want to be back were we belong.
I asked this last season of the same people.
How will you react to the loss and at what point will a loss be acceptable?

Ok so let's say we dont get into Ibrox this season. will fans be prepared to pay again in june for a season ticket for next season. after paying for this and never seen a ball kicked.money from Europe could be more important this season than ever before
As easy as it is for me to say, I’ll be buying, you’re dead right.
More than ever, every penny will be a prisoner.

From BBC Sport:

Coronavirus: Fans may not be able to return to sporting events until at least end of March

Fans may not to be able to return to watch live sporting events in England until the end of March at the earliest.

At a meeting on Tuesday, sports governing bodies - including those from football, rugby, cricket, Formula 1 and horse racing - were told to prepare for no spectators throughout the winter.
Officials from the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) told the meeting, which was attended by Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden, that the ban on fans will be kept under review.

Premiership Rugby chief executive Darren Childs said: "The announcement that supporters will not be allowed into stadiums for up to six months cuts off crucial revenue for clubs who have already suffered significant financial losses from suspending the season and playing matches behind closed doors since March.

"We believe the lack of supporters in our grounds could cause irreparable damage to our clubs and the communities they serve, so we must find a way forward to avoid this."

Ralph Rimmer, the chief executive of the Rugby Football League, added: "Today's call specifically focused on the postponement of the pilot event programme and the plans for socially distanced crowds and the further serious impact this will now have on sports.

"The secretary of state indicated that the postponement may last throughout the winter. The impact on Rugby League and other sports is profound."

Earlier on Tuesday, Prime Minister Boris Johnson outlined a range of new restrictions for the country, including confirmation that plans to allow fans to return to sport from 1 October would not go ahead.

The plans had been placed under review earlier this month after a rise in coronavirus cases.

The UK's Covid-19 alert level has moved to 4, meaning transmission is "high or rising exponentially".

The prime minister also said restrictions are likely to remain in place for the next six months.

"We have to acknowledge the spread of the virus is now affecting our ability to reopen large sporting events," said the prime minister.

• 'Delayed return of fans is devastating for clubs, their employees and local businesses'
  • Premier League clubs consider alternatives after proposed return of fans scrapped
In an address to the Commons on Tuesday, Johnson announced new restrictions for the country and those included the halting of the phased return of fans.

"We will not be able to do this from 1 October and I recognise the implications for our sports clubs, which are the life and soul of our communities," he added.

"The chancellor and the culture secretary are working urgently on what we can do now to support them."

The pilot programme, which was to trial events of up to 1,000 spectators, has also been paused.

Two Premiership rugby union matches - Bath v Gloucester on Tuesday and Bristol v Leicester next week - will now be played behind closed doors, as will a horse racing meeting at Newmarket later this week.

The majority of sports in England have been played behind closed doors since the coronavirus lockdown in March, including Premier League football fixtures and the FA Cup final, England's Test cricket matches and two Formula 1 races at Silverstone.

Sport events that took place with full crowds in March shortly before all fixtures were postponed and the UK locked down have come under scrutiny.

The impact of Liverpool's Champions League fixture against Atletico Madrid on the spread of coronavirus is being investigated by the city's council, while there have also been calls for an investigation into whether horse racing's Cheltenham Festival should have gone ahead.

I d be paying also but theres others who might not be able
That is my point.
In saying that, the outlay changes nothing as we’d be spending the money anyway.
It’s not an “extra” cost as such.
It’s just what you’re buying that’s different.
What you’re paying for.
As my wife has put it, we’re just paying somebody’s exorbitant, in her eyes, wages here.
That it’s always this isn’t washing just now.

For me it’s small club mentality.we view ourselves as a big club and outwith our own country nobody cares who wins our league.you get noticed as a big club in other countries by what you do in Europe

100% mate.

We all want to win the league, obviously. But winning the league will be pointless in building for the future if we can't make the most of Europe. Players are more likely to sign for us to play in Europe than win the Scottish Championship. If we never had Europe the last couple of seasons you can forget Kent, Hagi etc.

Will it? Thats a genuine question by the way. Obviously our money will be down in terms of catering etc but we still have the ST money and won't have to pay the costs of opening Ibrox for match days.

Plus we also have the money from MyGers and merchandise which we didn't have last season.

If we qualify for the Europa League group stages then we won't win the league. We don't have the squad to play Thursday - Sunday.

If we qualify for the group stages, we HAVE to make at least 5-6 changes for each Europa League match. The league is the priority and we should be able to make those changes and still compete.

I think yesterdays news will see that any proceeds from Morelos leaving will be spent on loans (possibly with obligation to buy) and the rest banked.

We must be losing around £10m this season from lack of gate money in Europe and domestic competitions (assuming we get to the EL groups).

If we qualify for the group stages, we HAVE to make at least 5-6 changes for each Europa League match. The league is the priority and we should be able to make those changes and still compete.

Not going to happen nor should it.

Seeing leagues all across Europe slowly but surely getting fans back in, even in countries hit far harder than Scotland it baffles me how the government keep refusing fans in grounds.

Not going to happen nor should it.

Well we could comfortably swap a goalkeeper, centre back and midfielder with no major drop in quality. The same applies for attacking mid if it's a choice between Aribo and Hagi. That's already 4 changes (admittedly assuming players are back from injury), and if we get a favourable group, we should be able to swap striker too. That's before accounting for the fact we'll probably bring in another midfielder and a loan player before the deadline.

Well we could comfortably swap a goalkeeper, centre back and midfielder with no major drop in quality. The same applies for attacking mid if it's a choice between Aribo and Hagi. That's already 4 changes (admittedly assuming players are back from injury), and if we get a favourable group, we should be able to swap striker too. That's before accounting for the fact we'll probably bring in another midfielder and a loan player before the deadline.

The manager will take the view that the players who got us there deserve the jerseys in these games. There isn’t a chance we’ll be resting players if fit in Europa league group games if we get there.

As much as I have enjoyed the Europa games it does seem crazy teams crossing all over Europe in and out of different countries when the public will be lucky to get to a shop.

Totally agree with this point. Never in a million years should it have went ahead this season.

As an additional income stream into the club.

Make no mistake no fans through gates will have huge implications for every club, ours included.

It’s vital we qualify for the Europa League groups now or I think we may see sales to balance things out. That may happen anyway tbh.
It’s a good Q and could be brought to Rangers via C1872 - I feel the shareholders and fans should have some sort of information on this when the Directors have it .

In general I believe we should prioritise the euro games too , because the sfa/spfl disadvantages make the domestic games verge on corrupt imo .

The Rangers fans not bothering about getting beat on Thursday will be the same Rangers fans calling the team and manager bottlers on Thursday night.
We need to be in the Europa if we want to be back were we belong.
I can’t see Gerrard not wanting to do well in Europe . Europe is where the players and club gets noticed . It’s a sad day when many of our fans want us knocked out, to concentrate on a Micky Mouse league that’s already rigged for the benefit of Ce***c .

Some fans not bothered about getting put out and then will moan at having to play so many qualifiers to get to the group stages in the first place.

Will it? Thats a genuine question by the way. Obviously our money will be down in terms of catering etc but we still have the ST money and won't have to pay the costs of opening Ibrox for match days.

Plus we also have the money from MyGers and merchandise which we didn't have last season.

If we qualify for the Europa League group stages then we won't win the league. We don't have the squad to play Thursday - Sunday.
I’m not sure Catering would be a significant income stream to Rangers - isn’t it managed by a separate entity from the crooks time ?

I think you’re right about our squad. If we qualify we will need in another couple of midfielders and a wide right player I think. We probably need that anyway mind you.

if fans are out of stadiums until at least March, I wonder how UEFA will proceed with euro 2020 3 months later. Assuming limited number of local fans or scrapping the europe
Wide tournament and holding a limited tournament in Germany or the like?

The only thing important is to win the league.

I see Europe as a distraction to that this year to be honest

All this nonsense about ‘those who say they don’t see European football as a must this year will be the first on here moaning if we get put out’ - absolute rubbish.

As was mentioned on this weeks H&H flagship, I will get over it VERY quickly.

Let me counter the first paragraph by saying those who think we need Europa League football will be the first on here moaning when we hit another mid season collapse through mental fatigue, physical fatigue or both.

Back