No Fans - who deals better us or them?

Won’t make a difference in the outcome of the season.

The best team will win the league regardless of the situation they’re put in.

Who knows. You can't blame the Rangers support though.

Every support in the world get on their own players backs. Also, there is no support in Scotland who back their players like we do.

No support may relieve some of the pressure from our players - pressure they cannot handle according to Kent and Tavernier.

Plenty title and trophy winning Rangers sides could handle the pressure and expectations.

There are absolutely players in that boat. We've seen the comments from earlier in the season. Our squad perform better in Europe because there is less pressure than in the league. Thats a massive problem that Gerrard has to address. The squad isnt mentally tough enough.
Especially when the comment has come from our 'captain'

Well as our team is on record complaining about pressure and expectations from our fans we should cope better without those fans being there to put pressure on them.

I don’t think it will effect one side more that the other to be honest. They’re all pros after all. However, if there is any psychological fear of them amongst our players I think we might see it more

I’ll tell you what though, they had better mute the pitch side microphones or TLB is going come out of this looking really bad

According to joe the bigot it's not done.

Has anyone got a link to this effect?

It would be absolutely hilarious if they were scrambling around for a plan B right now.

would make their expensive shops a bit of an albatross round their neck for a season.

The mentally challengeds will benefit massively from still having their fan with the whistle giving them every decision going.

The mentally challengeds will benefit massively from still having their fan with the whistle giving them every decision going.
The decisions are going to get even worse when there's no crowd to witness their corrupt decisions and give them pelters, not that that's made much difference so far.

I’d say it certainly favours us at Ibrox as our crowd harass the players if we’re not winning after 15 minutes.

No crowd should result in the players not worried about getting groaned at for trying something

In some ways I think it depends which teams feels the most pressure this coming season. Them going for 10*. Or us fighting to stop it.
the last couple of seasons have shown that we do sometimes crumble under pressure and I don't think it's coincidence that it happens at places where the crowd is right on top of us (Ibrox included). So, playing behind closed doors may help us get the momentum going such that by the time crowds are back our confidence is high and we can deal with the pressures that can bring.
Conversely a lack of a crowd may help them in just the same way.
the important thing is for us to be top, within touching distance of top (and going top is within our own hands) at the point that the crowds are allowed back.

sure is..... although when 1 st joined FF more than once i was called a tim for my member name ha... and the argosy is now a full on cesspool...
Load a shite. Home to the biggest proddy school in Glasgow before it got knocked down. Stayed there most of my life and its certainly not a 19th Century Terrorist area

Bit of both I’d say. A packed and up for it Ibrox can certainly be the 12th man for us but when things aren’t quite going right, the moans and groans surely make their way onto the pitch. Plus it brings up the old subway loyal debate again about how the team must feel seeing tons of people start to plod out with time left on the clock, especially when it’s a tight game

Joe ‘the bigot’ Orourke 11th of May

‘I certainly believe that the new Adidas Kit deal would have blown all our previous deals out of the water, that’s not going to happen anytime soon, that will be a hit to our finances for the new season. I’m not sure we will even see the new kit on the release date of July 1st

You know it must be bad when Captain crayons is writing about his actual team.

I think we would definitely benefit. Ibrox can be dreadful for the atmosphere, which does have a negative impact on the players.
Refs and linesmen give in easily to the great unwashed, partly I think because of their fans.
Take their fans out of the games, I think they wouldn't get all the decisions they do get, other teams would have a more level chance and we would see a difference.

The players won’t need to put up with dafties moaning because we haven’t scored in the first 20 minutes.

I also don’t understand the people who left early during the Braga game to go to the pub. No matter the score, you stay and support your team or just give your ticket to another fan.

Our captain says we can’t cope with pressure or the like so I guess it could be argued it is us that benefit.

If they lose the Adidas deal plus play with no crowd, we'll never get a better chance to stop their reich like control.

Our guys are likely to play with a bit less fear as they won’t have the boo boys on their back. It could also allow younger players to develop and get more game time without the same level of pressure.
The downside is that they won’t get the inspiration of the Ibrox crowd on big occasions.

In a scenario where no fans are permitted to attend games next season, based on current set of players, who deals with this best?

You could argue that the high press, high energy game that SG deploys benefits from additional adrenaline fans would bring. On the flip side, we’ve got a relatively young team and perhaps the fan pressure being lifted would unlock some creative freedom?

Will having no fan backing/atmosphere in an old firm help or hinder either of the sides more than the other?
Probably us, our fans can actually have an adverse effect on certain players - whilst I also appreciate the extra lift fans can give - lets face it, in the league at home if the UB do a boycott or protest its like
Its empty anyway - except for groans and moans.
Some players, past and present, would actually perform better without the fans and thats both a sad indictment of the fanbase as well as said players mentality.

Back