No Fans - who deals better us or them?

Loyaljock

In a scenario where no fans are permitted to attend games next season, based on current set of players, who deals with this best?

You could argue that the high press, high energy game that SG deploys benefits from additional adrenaline fans would bring. On the flip side, we’ve got a relatively young team and perhaps the fan pressure being lifted would unlock some creative freedom?

Will having no fan backing/atmosphere in an old firm help or hinder either of the sides more than the other?

Us, our support are too frustrated if we don't score within 5 minutes.

Even the away support lost a bit of atmosphere last season imo.

I suspect it could help us domestically. Less pressure breaking down the parked buses and less focus from opposition.

mom flip side, could hinder our European campaign where I think fans play a huge part in the high intensity game plan and atmosphere shock

In a scenario where no fans are permitted to attend games next season, based on current set of players, who deals with this best?

You could argue that the high press, high energy game that SG deploys benefits from additional adrenaline fans would bring. On the flip side, we’ve got a relatively young team and perhaps the fan pressure being lifted would unlock some creative freedom?

Will having no fan backing/atmosphere in an old firm help or hinder either of the sides more than the other?
With the top tiers of the piggery sealed off for most of their games possibly them !

That doesn’t mean there aren’t players in that boat though?

There are absolutely players in that boat. We've seen the comments from earlier in the season. Our squad perform better in Europe because there is less pressure than in the league. Thats a massive problem that Gerrard has to address. The squad isnt mentally tough enough.

A large part of the season could depend on how the SPFL's idea of hub venues works out.

I know they are corrupt but I don't think even they would be so brazen as to make the nonce play every game at home which would mean either Ibrox or Hampden away for them or Hampden or nonce park away for us.

I think both Rangers and "them" will pretty much win every game against the other teams next season as I can't see how most of the clubs will be able to keep squads together without gate money for 6-8 months minimum.

It will harm them much more cause they have £60 mil running costs to cover and no deal with adidas.

The adidas deal was signed mate.

There might be some sort of reduction if playing games behind closed doors but that will affect all clubs/revenue including ours.

I think it may allow some of our players to relax and not to go into rabbit in the headlights mode when the pressure is on and the fans get on their back. Regardless, what a bloody shame it'll be for everyone having no fans there to share the moments.

A large part of the season could depend on how the SPFL's idea of hub venues works out.

I know they are corrupt but I don't think even they would be so brazen as to make the nonce play every game at home which would mean either Ibrox or Hampden away for them or Hampden or nonce park away for us.

I think both Rangers and "them" will pretty much win every game against the other teams next season as I can't see how most of the clubs will be able to keep squads together without gate money for 6-8 months minimum.

This is the crux of the matter, it will/should come down to games against them next year. Every other team will be bare bones youth players and journeyman as that's what they can afford. Long term it might improve the overall Scottish game as the youth get a chance to develop, but really not giving a shit about that for now.

Some of our players can't handle the Ibrox crowd when it turns negative. I think it will benefit us more. But it is a tough question to answer because the crowd can also pull them up a level at times.

The adidas deal was signed mate.

There might be some sort of reduction if playing games behind closed doors but that will affect all clubs/revenue including ours.
Their supporters association head joe the bigot was saying they may not even have any tops out for a while. And seemed to be saying the adidas deal was up in the air.

And their £60 mil running costs.

And the massive amount of court cases coming their way.

Can see why Peter was so eager to sink Scottish football to get that CL money.

Their supporters association head joe the bigot was saying they may not even have any tops out for a while. And seemed to be saying the adidas deal was up in the air.

Adidas have been asking the German government for a bail out , would be interesting if the deal is not fully done.

Tough call.

On our day, we undoubtedly give the players a lift.
More often than not though, we can't wait to get on their backs.

I'd say the mentally challengeds have the advantage.
They'll be well used to playing in front of empty stands there.

Some of our players don’t seem to cope well with grumbling in the stands so maybe it would suit us better

Some of our players can't cope with wearing the Rangers shirt, support or no support. We need more winners within our squad, without that we'll hve another disappointing season, support or no support.

Do they get to keep their biggest fans, ie the ones in black with the whistles and those running the lines?
Remove those ***s and we'll have the huge advantage of a level playing field. There wouldn't have been a 13 pt gap and any argument to steal this years title without them.
We'd also have the LC in our trophy room.

Some of our players don’t seem to cope well with grumbling in the stands so maybe it would suit us better

In every single "boycott away games" thread you see regularly guys saying the team needs the fans for atmosphere. That kinda falls flat somewhat when you think of some of the collapses we've had at a packed Tynecastle, Pittodrie, Kilmarnock and even Livingston.
It's a bit of a conundrum to me, but maybe the fans can bring unwanted pressure.

Joe ‘the bigot’ Orourke 11th of May

‘I certainly believe that the new Adidas Kit deal would have blown all our previous deals out of the water, that’s not going to happen anytime soon, that will be a hit to our finances for the new season. I’m not sure we will even see the new kit on the release date of July 1st

Impossible to say really but judging by pathetic comments by some of our players regarding liking being underdogs as less pressure probably us

Hard to say until its reality but our fans when we aren't playing well get to the players I think whilst a full house of Orks seem to get more out of them, therefore I think we'd benefit the most.

Read your heading and post, I was wondering about, NO Liewells Puppets in Black, We might get a fairer Game?

With some of the negative comments and groans that come from our stands at times it may not be a bad thing.

Conversely, when Ibrox is roaring there can't be a bigger boost to the players.

Precisely what I was thinking. The boo boys can do a lot of harm, but when Ibrox is rocking you can't beat it.

We've kinda got the best and worst of both worlds IMO.

Ours 100%! Their fans moan and groan just as much as us. Let’s not pretend we’re the baddies in that respect.

However, it’s proven and been said from the horses mouth, that our little hunks prefer to play away from the Ibrox support due to the pressure involved. Bless!

I think alot of managers send their players out against us with instructions to frustrate us and get the fans on the players backs so there wont be any of that. I reckon empty stadiums would help most of our players, they are all very talented but most buckle under pressure and negative atmosphere

They have more experience playing in front of very few fans.

Our fans can turn in to away fans after one misplaced pass.

Never seen a crowd score a goal ever, I’ve witnessed thousands of games and know enough to know that all good players thrive on the atmosphere of a big noisy crowd be it their own fans or the opposition mob.

From a few things we’ve heard about our current group of players they don’t like the pressure and expectation on them so it’s definitely our guys who would be least affected and probably wouldn’t mind it too much.

Domestically in games against mid table teams whom we struggle to break down defensively it could work to our advantage given lack of crowd pressure on the players as a game wears on at say 0-0.

Us.

The Ibrox crowd means we play 38 away games per season.

We'll win all our games and be champions then?

All BCD games will prove is that a few moans and groans (even a lot of moans and groans) from the Ibrox crowd aren't what cost us as much as poor quality players.

I'm not one for booing and jeering at the games but the effect it has on our points tally over the course of a season is entirely overplayed.

Back