No football chat in the office?!

Absolute stupidity.
There will always be topics of discussion that some individuals will know nothing/little about - should they all be banned? Why not just introduce a rule in the workplace that in addition to no smoking there should be no talking as well. Mum’s the word.

Surely with female commentators during every match and more women’s football on tv then more women are likely to be talking about it?

I read this on BBC News yesterday. Some of the comments were good, such as "ban talk about Love Island".

The point of the article was that women do not feel included in these conversations, and that needs to change because they're feeling alienated.

Which completely contradicts the adverts that are being broadcast just now, encouraging women to talk about periods and not making it a 'taboo' subject. I don't know how men can feel included in those conversations!?
Minefield

More hunks it appears. Laughable suggestion.

Just ban all conversation other than that about work and be done with it.

I didn't have much football chat in my previous job but that's because the only other person that liked football was one of them. Best avoided in some scenarios but it's not leaving people out if they're not interested.

The only scenario I could think that it really would be exclusive if it dominated conversations all day. Say you sit in a three and one person doesn't have the same interest in a particular topic so try to start something else which the other two consistently shut down and bring it back to their chosen subject which is football in this example. That is maybe leaving them out but it's not a problem with football chat that could go for any topic really.

I'd ban it as well, days like Monday sadly for the past 9 years are all to common in my work, where the vhermin are walking about high giving and grinning like Cheshire Cats.

See these PC hunk feckers, they need taking out.

Ye can’t even give them a slap these days.

My pal works for Rolls~Royce (Inchinnan) and his gaffer has put a stop to nicknames. Nicknames that some of the guys have had since before said gaffer was born.
Bet it's because he found out what his nickname is and didnae like it! Bawjaws, or something else really lame. Meanwhile, Mongo, Plug and the others have to start calling each other by their Sunday names. Brutal.

Absolute garbage. I would rather talk about football than Love Island in the places I work. You can choose which conversations you get involved in.

Bet it's because he found out what his nickname is and didnae like it! Bawjaws, or something else really lame. Meanwhile, Mongo, Plug and the others have to start calling each other by their Sunday names. Brutal.
At Tynecastle on Sunday they were reading out the messages and one was “Happy birthday to (can’t remember the name), also known as honkin’ baws, from the guys at work”.

Totally nuts. Nothing wrong with colleagues talking about any subjects that interest them. Passes a lunch time pretty quickly just talking shite about anything and everything.

How about tough fucking shit? The amount of shite I have to listen to from the two women opposite me, and I can’t talk about football? Piss right off.

Amazing that you are now getting told what to talk about especially with the move to make football more inclusive.
I enjoy listening to Caroline and Marina on H&H and they have a great show discussing Rangers.

There’s one guy on my team who really doesn’t like football. He’s never played it, doesn’t watch it, doesn’t really understand it, it’s just not his thing.

Which is fair enough, but he gets visibly upset every Monday when the rest of us start talking about the weekend’s matches and he’s sitting there with his face tripping him feeling all left out.

A guy in his forties.

Maybe now he’ll sneak up to HR and drop us in it.

This is being blown way out of proportion. Some daft clown from a business company saying football should be banned in the workplace does not mean "there are calls" or any of that - it's one woman's opinion, and I haven't seen a single person male or female agree. In fact, the article I read offered the counter opinion of a woman in a similar position saying that she was being sexist and discriminatory with her comments.

It's possible for women to misogynist and men to be feminist. They are not exclusive to either sex, no matter what sensationalist media narrative is being driven

This is being blown way out of proportion. Some daft clown from a business company saying football should be banned in the workplace does not mean "there are calls" or any of that - it's one woman's opinion, and I haven't seen a single person male or female agree. In fact, the article I read offered the counter opinion of a woman in a similar position saying that she was being sexist and discriminatory with her comments.

It's possible for women to misogynist and men to be feminist. They are not exclusive to either sex, no matter what sensationalist media narrative is being driven
She's the head of the institute. Depressing how someone lacking any awareness can rise so high, at least it should be

Yeah, she's the head of the Chartered Institute of Management and speaks on their behalf.

Stuff like this moves the Overton Window and needs to be resisted and ridiculed.

I read this on BBC News yesterday. Some of the comments were good, such as "ban talk about Love Island".

The point of the article was that women do not feel included in these conversations, and that needs to change because they're feeling alienated.

Which completely contradicts the adverts that are being broadcast just now, encouraging women to talk about periods and not making it a 'taboo' subject. I don't know how men can feel included in those conversations!?
The worlds f*ckd mate. Too many sensitive hunks who go out their way to be offended, who want to moan about everything and anything so they can add some sort of pride or achievement into their sad wee lives.

I talk Rangers with the Rangers fans and that's plenty. Don't gloat and don't be gloated to.

I can appreciate no colours but no chat is daft. A wee bit of ribbing rival supporters never goes as miss.

A bit sexist of the women to say ALL women aren't interested talking about football.

Got a few women in my office that are talking about football just as much as the guys.

It's the guys in the office that aren't interested in football and talking about love island that should be banned

Back