No katic in the squad again

PaulS1988

Anyone any ideas what’s happening with Katic?. Looks completely bombed out now and nobody seems to be asking Gerrard what’s happened.

Anyone any ideas what’s happening with Katic?. Looks completely bombed out now and nobody seems to be asking Gerrard what’s happened.
For the future. For the future. For the future. For the future. For the future. For the future. For the future.

I don't know how many times Gerrard has said it. But I know that most threads on here that discuss him it's been pointed out that Gerrard told us he wasn't 1st team ready when we signed and was bought to build into a 1st team player down the line.

If I may have a minute. I was in the airport when the players came through on Wednesday morning.
What I noticed was many of players and staff mingled among each other, the fans and general folk waiting on a flight, getting pics taken etc. Candeias and Morelos stuck to each other like best buddies. Gerrard came through earlier by himself good 10 mins before the players.
Katic? Sat by himself and never chatted to anyone until they were flagged through.
He looked a bit down and fed up tbh but hey, what do i know.
Mebbe like all of us he just wants to play.

For the future. For the future. For the future. For the future. For the future. For the future. For the future.

I don't know how many times Gerrard has said it. But I know that most threads on here that discuss him it's been pointed out that Gerrard told us he wasn't 1st team ready when we signed and was bought to build into a 1st team player down the line.

He’s what, 21? Roughly same age as Ross McCrorie? I think we signed him on a 4yr deal aswell

At the start of the season I thought he was a player we would be getting big money for. Now he can't even get into the pool.

Bollocks x5.

Fair enough he's still quite young, but you don't go from starting every week and playing well, to being completely bombed out the squad altogether.

If his father is unwell then that would make a lot more sense than him just being frozen out the picture tbh.

Possibly briefed the press about the situation and thats why no questions have been asked of his whereabouts?

Really sad if true about his old man, must be tough for the young man. It would help explain why he's been out of sorts recently and not involved in squads. I've never bought the whole fallen out with Gerrard or that he suddenly doesn't rate him explanations that some folk were saying, I posted the other day that the mutual respect and admiration between the 2 was blatantly obvious going back to the start of the season.

Here's hoping that the big man gets through this rough patch and goes on to be the dominant CH for us that he's shown the potential to be. Also, we seem to be pretty unlucky at the moment with players suffering family issues following Coulibalys recent bereavement too.

If this is the case then it must be a horrible situation for anyone never mind a young boy trying to adapt to a new club and country at the same time :(

Yeah maybe best to loan him back to Croatia so he can spend more time with his father.

I very much doubt he has fallen out with SG. I spoke to him in the DC suite for the Livi game and he actually used the word ‘bromance’ when discussing him and the manager. God knows who’s taught him that but he seemed all smiles and said he’s working to regain his place.

Someone said to me in Vienna he’s very badly homesick to the point where he’s moving in with BB and his family to try and help his situation.

Someone said to me in Vienna he’s very badly homesick to the point where he’s moving in with BB and his family to try and help his situation.

Another player who’s “ homesick” ?

Is this the new backache ?

These guys may only be 21 or thereabouts but they know being s professional sportsman you may need to travel . These days you have FaceTime , Skype , can be in constant contact with home through your mobile , and players get downtime holidays etc the same as anyone else to visit family .

I just don’t accept homesickness as reason/excuse .

And I find it staggering our press haven’t asked once at a presser “ where is katic why is he not in the squad ?” If he isn’t injured .

I have a feeling we won't see him again after the January transfer window...

If true about his dad then I think it would make sense if he goes back closer to home, but if he stays he should be in the team before the likes of Worrall and McAuley.

It would make far more sense to me that there is an issue off field, such as the health of a family member being the reason for his lack of involvement. Certainly makes more sense than it being football related.

If true about his dad, then my thoughts and best wishes go out to all concerned.

These guys may only be 21 or thereabouts but they know being s professional sportsman you may need to travel . These days you have FaceTime , Skype , can be in constant contact with home through your mobile , and players get downtime holidays etc the same as anyone else to visit family .

And I find it staggering our press haven’t asked once at a presser “ where is katic why is he not in the squad ?” If he isn’t injured .

I’d echo this.

How do you mean? With the poster above taking about seeing him looking fed up, it would be good to get another side of the story.

Nothing in particular, I was just pleased to see him supporting his team mates along with some other squad members.

can see how this is going to go already...people constantly asking about Katic, people believe he should be playing...comes back into the team has a shocking 45 minutes then he's shite again.

Rinse and repeat.

Bollocks x5.

Fair enough he's still quite young, but you don't go from starting every week and playing well, to being completely bombed out the squad altogether.

If his father is unwell then that would make a lot more sense than him just being frozen out the picture tbh.

When Katic joined, we had no options at CH other than him and Goldson. The likes of Cardoso and Alves were on their way out, and Worrall and McAuley didn't come in until deadline day. Katic had to start every game until we had more cover.

It doesn't matter how many times you phone skype or facetime people if you are homesick it's a horrible feeling that eats away at you.

I think he's getting quite a lot of slate. If true about his dad then he's needing time off to go and see him Happy in Traning and seemed cheery yesterday on his Instagram.

When Katic joined, we had no options at CH other than him and Goldson. The likes of Cardoso and Alves were on their way out, and Worrall and McAuley didn't come in until deadline day. Katic had to start every game until we had more cover.

Ok, but he's better than the cover.

Ok, but he's better than the cover.

Is he though? When was the last decent game he had? He was ok in the win against Motherwell at Ibrox but even then he was hooked at half-time for McAuley. General consensus on here is that he's the answer to our defensive problems but in reality we've seen next-to-nothing from him in the past two months, whereas Gerrard sees him every day and doesn't seem to think he's worth a place in the squad just now.

Is he though? When was the last decent game he had? He was ok in the win against Motherwell at Ibrox but even then he was hooked at half-time for McAuley. General consensus on here is that he's the answer to our defensive problems but in reality we've seen next-to-nothing from him in the past two months, whereas Gerrard sees him every day and doesn't seem to think he's worth a place in the squad just now.
Disagree mate, in the Motherwell game he was having a shocker....surprised he even got to half-time. He needs an experienced, commanding guy beside him (Davie Weir ish). Not sure Goldson is that type of CB...in honesty Macauley is more vocal than Goldson. As for Worral.....

I'm sure Katic will be back, but only if his head is right (as has been speculated) and will grow to be a good signing for us. But if he were to come back in now and play like he did in his last 2 games, he'd be hounded out like Russell Martin.

People seem to forget that Gerrard and the coaching staff see him training most days, see what standard he's at etc. Sure he started off really well, but since then maybe he's not really up to scratch yet.

As with coulibally hopefully the club are helping him out. Was listening last night to the kris Kirkland interview on talk sport and he was discussing his mental health issues and saying that it started when he was away from home. He wanted to be in the house all the time didn't want to be playing football. Came to a head when he signed for Bury last year and he said the day after they went on pre season tour to Portugal he phoned the owner up was on the next flight back to manchester as he was homesick

Back