No loan fee for roberts this season

james taylor

City did not charge Girona a loan fee for any of the five players they sent to the club, although that is not unusual in itself - they did not charge Celtic a loan fee for striker Patrick Roberts when he agreed another 12-month spell with the Scottish champions this summer.

From a story on bbc website about la liga greeting about other leagues having too much cash
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41180819

Last edited:
They could have easily got a fee.

The fact they didn't makes me think Liewell's son is well in there. Which is annoying

Yet the tranny shagger was going on the other day about offering city £30m and they wouldn't accept it.

They supposedly knocked back an EPL club who offered £6 million for a loan fee

Usual bheast propaganda and bluster

He looks not too bad in Scotland. If he was regarded as being as good as they say he is why did no one try to buy him down South.

If he had any ambition he would have gone to a big club to test his skill - instead he is peddled as a world beater in this little backwater league.
Bottler who wants to be a big fish in a very small pool - lets see how good he is when up against the best Europe has to offer.

This stockpiling of players by teams lie Man City and Chelsea is totally wrong and has to be stopped. Basically it gives the teams they are loaning players to players in reality they cannot afford.

City wouldn't charge Girona loan fees as the two clubs have a partnership so would be pointless to do.

I must be missing something with him. He looks not too bad for Scotland but the way they are going on is as if he is one level below mbappe and dembele etc... decent player but not a world beater.

PR7. What a load of shite. If Man City had any intention of ever wanting him near their squad they would be testing him out in the premier league. The fact he's back at a club for another year after a fairly indifferent year already suggests they don't.

I think that is as much to do with City trying to convince La Liga that they don't always charge for loans and them not charging Girona wasnt unusual.

Almost every player at the piggery is hyped up to %^*& by a compliment media, it's unreal the bullshit you read about them

Almost every player at the piggery is hyped up to %^*& by a compliment media, it's unreal the bullshit you read about them
While I totally agree with you... however it's unfortunate that they are more than good enough for this league...

Is this a tim board now ? Who gives a shit about wether or not they pay a fee for a loan player... sick of these threads about the wee prick.

I can understand Girona - there was talk of city's owners buying them.

But Roberts? When there's talk of City having problems with Financial Fair Play rules they're just going to give a player away for free when they could get millions for him?

The Japanese's eye's son and the amount of dealings City have with Celtic is a breach of moral sporting integrity shoooorly.

The PR7 stuff is some of the most cringeworthy patter they've ever come up with and that is saying something from them.

So they're fielding a player they can't really afford. Sporting integrity anyone ?
Of course they are, that's why Rodgers came out with his shite about the mentally challengeds offering £30m for him.

"Ah but we tried to buy him for £30m but City wouldn't sell"

mentally challengeds like talking up mentally challengeds mate, it seems to give them some kind of comfort blanket to fall back on. I can never understand this attitude, if a player has a few good games for them the media latch straight on linking them to all and sundry with stupid prices. When we have good players performing well it pisses me off if I read media speculation.

I didn't see this, did he actually claim that?

No, he didn't, the media did.

He said something along the lines of 'we could have offered Man C £30million and they would have rejected', trying to bum up his signing. The media turned that into 'Tims were ready to offer £30million but Man C said naw'.

Two possibilities here, the BBC making an arse of an article or the Scottish media bumming up the mentally challengeds.

Personally think it's the later and trying to placate their fans by showing they are spending some of their mullions and mullions of pounds.

The sun
"will see the Scottish champions pay a substantial loan fee and a hefty chunk of his wages."

The scotsman
Peado FC "still had to pay City a seven-figure loan fee, while only picking up a large chunk of Roberts’ weekly wage."

And according to the article they had agreed an £8 million fee before city had a change of heart.

Of course they are, that's why Rodgers came out with his shite about the mentally challengeds offering £30m for him.

"Ah but we tried to buy him for £30m but City wouldn't sell"

Aye..Manchester City knocked back 30m from the Steak Pie club, a player they bought for 12m quid and just loaned him for another season free of charge.

It would be laughable and torn to shreds in any other journalistic circle bar Scotland and matters concerning them.

Rodgers is going on about Man City not selling Roberts for £30m.

Lennon is saying Hibs have the 2nd best squad in the country and McGinn is worth £5m.

....But Pedro is the crazy one? o_O

Back