No midweek game

Bigbluebear

How boring is this.

Only one midweek game scheduled between now and the split as well.

European football after Xmas is imperative next season

If we draw on Sunday do we not get a midweek game? Or is it played to a finish these days?

:oops:

A week to prepare for most games, more time for managing those returning from injury and Beale on the training pitch with them. I'm OK with it.

Pick up a book OP ;)

A week to prepare for most games, more time for managing those returning from injury and Beale on the training pitch with them. I'm OK with it.

Pick up a book OP ;)
Normally the teams with a less busy schedule do better this time of the year, kind of why I hoped the Tim's might have got into the Europa !

Reactions: TGP
Why cram so many fixtures in pre Christmas then????
Because it is based on the European and International dates that domestics games are fitted

Last season we saw how much midweek we played due to having European fixtures post Christmas

Quite enjoying the mid weeks free. Between January 2022-January 2023 felt like we played just about every midweek imaginable (bar summer/winter breaks).

Given for the last 4 seasons the midweek Euro games have been more entertaining than the weekend it is indeed boring.

How boring is this.

Only one midweek game scheduled between now and the split as well.

European football after Xmas is imperative next season
Doesn’t bother me one bit. Plenty other stuff to occupy myself.

Probably good for the players and coaches.

It's good to give players a break and the coaching team some time on the training pitch, But it does make the pre and post world cup schedule of 3 games a week seem really odd when there is so much space between weekend games now

It's good to give players a break and the coaching team some time on the training pitch, But it does make the pre and post world cup schedule of 3 games a week seem really odd when there is so much space between weekend games now

Obviously they have to schedule around the possibility that teams remain in Europe post Christmas.

If we draw on Sunday do we not get a midweek game? Or is it played to a finish these days?

:oops:

Read and put it in yer diary.

League cup match is played to a finish.

Scottish cup is a replay after a draw in first game if it is a drawn game.

It's the European games I look forward to the most. It's like we play a different sport compared to the domestic stuff.

Back